Direct Fllights?

Rob5060

Anybody know if there are direct flights from Europe to Chaing Mai .

I have seen mention of Munich and or Berlin having a direct service but cannot find it on the internet.

I'm not aware of anything that's non-stop into CNX from Europe. Lufthansa may have some direct codeshare flights with THAI but these would all stop in Bangkok first.

Anybody else know differently?

When the New Chiang Rai International Airport opened there was a couple of flights which I seem to remember were mostly chartered but were direct from Europe (either German /Swede/Den etc) similar to the airtours holiday jonts from Uk to Phuket .

Believe Luft.and Lauda/Aust. were considering scheduled services but never happened (not enough call for them)

I heard that Thai was talking once about a direct possibility of a Lon-C.Rai/Mai route but again..same same...could now be time to reconsider say even 1-2 a week :o ...

It seems that Thai Airways is reducing the number of international direct flights into Chiang Mai. I know for sure that the HongKong Chiang Mai direct flights are history and are now all routed through Bangkok !

Edited by Krub

When the latest Chiang Mai International Airport as the aviation hub of the north scheme was launched, THAI's response was to add a non-stop flight between Chiang Mai and Chittagong (Bangladesh). I can only image the traffic that route generates. :o

Thai was offering direct flights to China, India or Pakistan, Myanmar, etc., but nothing to Europe.  Was there talk of Tokyo-Chiang Mai?

It can be a nuisance to get a connecting flight.  CMai to Vientiane, for example - no, but Luang Praband!

Thai flies 3 times a week driect FROM Tokyo to CM but on the return CM Tokyo it is routed through Bangkok with very often a change of aircraft.

On the other 4 days of the week they fly direct to Phuket.

Recon as said earlier say a once a week flight from London (or EU) to Bangkok via either Chiang Mai-Rai could be on the cards given the expected amount of visitors-tourist-new residents etc.over the next 5 years.

Dear Leader is hoping to Change "Lanna"into a major international destination with super duper sky trains,golf courses,hotels (Dhara Devi budget types:unsure: )night safari parks ...eh -Go Go bars as well as the new TAk.Shin.Inter.airport down the road from my new gaff.

Also bearing in mind that if Burma gets their act together..ie kicks out the "dick"tats then there could be a really big boom in "road to Mandalay types" eco warriers.Could be good.....

Right......

On the Road to Mandalay,

where the flying fishes play,

the sun comes up in the morning

and the end of Pattaya bay.. :o