Good Bar In Bang Sean

martyh01

I have long considered Bang Sean as a desert as far as good bars are concerned but one i did like is the Soul Bar on the beach road (behind the roundabout turn left) it was full of both Thai and Farang having a good time the booze was reasonable at 70 Baht large Tiger and food was excellent.

It has a live band playing good sounds piped outside where big screen TVs are available to watch sports if you ask.

Service by the staff was good and it has a large private car park with assistants at night no BGs but that was what i was looking for.

Hope it does well :)

Do you mean the roundabout near the 7-11 and German Bar (walk in 1)?

The roundabout with the dolphins head towards the beach turn left along the beach road its about 300mtrs on the left the right being the sea

i am there tomorrow getting a couple with the missus

MH

Do you mean the roundabout near the 7-11 and German Bar (walk in 1)?

The roundabout with the dolphins head towards the beach turn left along the beach road its about 300mtrs on the left the right being the sea

i am there tomorrow getting a couple with the missus

MH

I hope it turns out to be a good investment for you. :)

Any chance of posting 'simple' directions from Pattaya for those not knowing how to get to Bang Sean.

don't bother dude, BanSaen is the worst beach in Thailand (that I've seen). those of us who are unfortunate enough to live around there have few options for entertainment. stick to pattaya or better yet, head south for some nice beaches and clean water!!!

Any chance of posting 'simple' directions from Pattaya for those not knowing how to get to Bang Sean.

don't bother dude, BanSaen is the worst beach in Thailand (that I've seen). those of us who are unfortunate enough to live around there have few options for entertainment. stick to pattaya or better yet, head south for some nice beaches and clean water!!!

Bang Saen is far cleaner than Patters and for the familly its great ,but if your a single male wanting to sit in a girly bar ,then its not for you.

by the way it was packed this weekend as it nearly always is.

as for directions ,get on the Sukhumvit head towards Chonburi and turn after about 30 kms where the big signs say Bang Saen :)

Edited by thaimate

Bang Saen is far cleaner than Patters and for the familly its great ,but if your a single male wanting to sit in a girly bar ,then its not for you.

by the way it was packed this weekend as it nearly always is.

as for directions ,get on the Sukhumvit head towards Chonburi and turn after about 30 kms where the big signs say Bang Saen :)

I wouldn't use the word clean to describe Ban Saen. Swimming in the water leads to the itches, its so dirty!

OK lets do the math on this. Falang good time in Bangsaen = 0.00

1. This beach is the the first good beach southeast of Bangkok so lots of Thais like to come down on weekends and holidays.

So it is geared up for Thais. Thai hotels, food, Thai tourist etc. The locals will sometimes flat out tell you to get out and go to Pattaya.

2. The Thais will go in more dirty water than you and I will. This water is just south of Bangkok with all that delta water from vast populations. To the south is the shipping port with alot of boats being loaded Thai style. May have lots of bad stuff in the water. In the morning go down and see all the STUFF cleaned off the beach. A great number of dead fish every day.

3. The price of Falang food etc is more expensive than Patters.

4. It is not a well known place to find available Thai women of any catagory. If a Thai woman wants to meet a Falang she will go to Pattaya or someplace equivilant.

5. Communication in general is done in Thai. Makes it difficult for none speakers to get anything you want.

I am sure some of you can poke holes in my observations here but this is what I found. Falang good time in Bangsaen = 0.00 compared to other tourist areas. Pattaya, Phuket, Samui.........

:)

OK lets do the math on this. Falang good time in Bangsaen = 0.00

1. This beach is the the first good beach southeast of Bangkok so lots of Thais like to come down on weekends and holidays.

So it is geared up for Thais. Thai hotels, food, Thai tourist etc. The locals will sometimes flat out tell you to get out and go to Pattaya.

2. The Thais will go in more dirty water than you and I will. This water is just south of Bangkok with all that delta water from vast populations. To the south is the shipping port with alot of boats being loaded Thai style. May have lots of bad stuff in the water. In the morning go down and see all the STUFF cleaned off the beach. A great number of dead fish every day.

3. The price of Falang food etc is more expensive than Patters.

4. It is not a well known place to find available Thai women of any catagory. If a Thai woman wants to meet a Falang she will go to Pattaya or someplace equivilant.

5. Communication in general is done in Thai. Makes it difficult for none speakers to get anything you want.

I am sure some of you can poke holes in my observations here but this is what I found. Falang good time in Bangsaen = 0.00 compared to other tourist areas. Pattaya, Phuket, Samui.........

:)

i can find many holes in your observations but at the end of the day its a personal preference where u like to go out so no need to argue about it, some people like farang orientated places and others like places where farang are few and far between. If its the later u like then you will like bang saen, i do agree the beach isnt that great but i think the main point of this topic is the bars/restaurant nightlife. I definately disagree that if a thai woman wants to meet a farang she will go to pattaya etc, yeah maybe to work in a bar. The girls you will normally get a bang saen and especially soul bar are more the general/higher end working class and uni students and if you actually try you can meet some very nice beautiful genuine girls around that area. My friends boss just took over the ownership of soul and it seems to be very popular, ive been a couple times already and have had a great night both times, cheap and very good food and drink and also and absolutely gorgous girls there. The girls do seem to think they are a bit more hi-so however. I do agree it wont suit those pattaya guys who generally are only interested in the girly bars etc but if you have a few thai friends or you can speak a bit of thai you can have a great night out at bang saen.

enjoy