Lysine And Other Natural Supplements- Where Can I Buy?

vestalfleck

Hello all-

Just moved to CM and have developed some cold sores (maybe from sharing food/drinks b/c I haven't had any sexual relations). Anyways, they are quite bothersome/upsetting and I have a big interview tomorrow (and I know Thais are very appearance-centric). Does anyone know where I can purchase some lysine pills, vitamins, hydrogen peroxide and/or something like carmex/blistex? Also, is there a Thai word for lysine. Thank you very much in advance.

Vestalfleck

Hello all-

Just moved to CM and have developed some cold sores (maybe from sharing food/drinks b/c I haven't had any sexual relations). Anyways, they are quite bothersome/upsetting and I have a big interview tomorrow (and I know Thais are very appearance-centric). Does anyone know where I can purchase some lysine pills, vitamins, hydrogen peroxide and/or something like carmex/blistex? Also, is there a Thai word for lysine. Thank you very much in advance.

Vestalfleck

Great little pharmacy (the pharmacist and her assistant speak English very well) on Ratchadamnoen (Sunday Walking Steet) . It is the first pharmacy traveling away from the moat on the same side of the soi as Black Canyon Coffee (on the left side). They carry lysene and vitamins and are extremely helpful.

• 9 years later...
On 6/14/2009 at 6:11 PM, venturalaw said:

Great little pharmacy (the pharmacist and her assistant speak English very well) on Ratchadamnoen (Sunday Walking Steet) . It is the first pharmacy traveling away from the moat on the same side of the soi as Black Canyon Coffee (on the left side). They carry lysene and vitamins and are extremely helpful.

new here and having trouble finding this place, can you drop a pin perhaps? 

1 hour ago, mahb said:

new here and having trouble finding this place, can you drop a pin perhaps? 

I can't "drop a pin" but keep in mind that pharmacy is located in the heart of the tourist district and the prices are reflected as such.

Is there something in particular you need? A pharmacy with some of the largest stock in town is Dara Pharmacy across from the Dara School. Prices are good. Not as good as before the remodel, but hey - someone has to pay for it.

Just now, elektrified said:

I can't "drop a pin" but keep in mind that pharmacy is located in the heart of the tourist district and the prices are reflected as such.

Is there something in particular you need? A pharmacy with some of the largest stock in town is Dara Pharmacy across from the Dara School. Prices are good. Not as good as before the remodel, but hey - someone has to pay for it.

Thank you for the response!  I'll look up Dara.  I'm just looking for lysine.  I checked around nimman yesterday to no avail.  Same situation as the OP.  It happens when I eat a lot of pineapple, citrus, etc.. 

For both posters, also look for the acyclovir or penciclovir cream which can shorten the duration of the outbreak and if applied when the first "tingling" sensation occurs, can sometimes stop the outbreaks altogether.

14 hours ago, mahb said:

Thank you for the response!  I'll look up Dara.  I'm just looking for lysine.  I checked around nimman yesterday to no avail.  Same situation as the OP.  It happens when I eat a lot of pineapple, citrus, etc.. 

Your best bet is to order it from iherb.com