Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 2

PattayaDavid

I just downloaded and installed Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit on my notebook computer and thus far all is well.  Has anyone experienced any new problems with their computers after the installation of Service Pack 2?

Also, does anyone know when Service Pack 2 for Vista 64-bit will be offered?  

I just downloaded and installed Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit on my notebook computer and thus far all is well. Has anyone experienced any new problems with their computers after the installation of Service Pack 2?

Also, does anyone know when Service Pack 2 for Vista 64-bit will be offered?

sp2 helped. i tried win7 some months ago --- & found it to be the first microsoft os in decades that i appreciate. you can dl the release candidate, which will run for about a year. afaik, official release for win7 will be oct22, 2009.

vista sp2 helps. win7 is a great os.

my 0,02bht na :-)

It lost my network connection to the internet and could not set up a new one. Removed/downloaded 3 times with same result. Others also have this problem but apparently only a very small percentage. Restore to condition prior to install has restored everything.

Edited by lopburi3

Service pack 2 runs fine for me on 3 different PC's only issue I have had is the update for the realtek Lan on my gigabyte motherboards made it work very eratic. Reloaded the original drivers and perfect. At least as good as a MS product can be.

Anther tip for Vista, you can do a clean install with a upgrade disk, install vista using default settings only but don't put in a product key(vista will allow this as a trial) after the install is complete reboot, when vista loads and run upgrade from the dvd and put in product key and all the settings you require during install. Works perfect, if you search the net you will find a guy from Microsoft was telling the public how to do it.

But why bother the Windows 7 RC works really well except I occasionally have to reconnect USB devices to get them working.

My Vista ps2 install was extremely time consuming. Life is too short. I am convince sp2 was released by M$ as a teaser for W7 - as that whole W7 o/s must install faster than the Vista sp2 update did on mine. Not impressed, and after install I see no difference.

How long did it take?

My connection is 450 Kbps so how long would 350 MB take?

My Vista ps2 install was extremely time consuming. Life is too short. I am convince sp2 was released by M$ as a teaser for W7 - as that whole W7 o/s must install faster than the Vista sp2 update did on mine. Not impressed, and after install I see no difference.

How long did it take?

My connection is 450 Kbps so how long would 350 MB take?

If you are lucky about 2 hours to download.

Just did the SP2 update for vista, took 35 minutes to down load and under 15 minutes to install, Took longer than that to for windows 7 on a similar PC Download of CD 4 hours, install 30 minutes

Hi

I have both Thai & Engrish on my PC and as this service pack has only 5 languages, it would not download (until multi pack comes out).

Swapped to Windows 7 now and not regretted it.

Dave

Looked everywhere can't find "Engrish' on my windows :)

Edited by garyh

Hi

I have both Thai & Engrish on my PC and as this service pack has only 5 languages, it would not download (until multi pack comes out).

Dave

Looked everywhere can't find "Engrish' on my windows :)

Spoken quite extensively in Japan I believe by expatriates living there.

Quite similar to Ing-lit, spoken by many expats in Thailand, esp those from Ing-Lan, Od-teh-liah, and Um-meh-li-ka.

Edited by samran

Re-installed Vista one month ago and upgraded to SP2 one week ago.

"Remember this website" does not work any more on any website, thought this was cookie related, but can't find any option anywhere in Control Panel dealing with this :)

Hi

Dave

Looked everywhere can't find "Engrish' on my windows :D

Quite similar to Ing-lit, spoken by many expats in Thailand, esp those from Ing-Lan, Od-teh-liah, and Um-meh-li-ka.

LOL :)

Hi

Dave

Looked everywhere can't find "Engrish' on my windows :D

LOL :)

Thank you, thank you. I'm hear every night and for two show on Sunday.