Nakhon Shopping

Detox

I thought this might help us Nakhon crowd to find things easily.

Please add your experiences and recommendations on products we want and use.

ask:

Im looking for the best shop to buy the latest DVD's (master copies), where do you recommend ?

add:

Avocados from Tops (Robinsons) are the best I have had and are currently 49 baht each.

thanks. :)

Edited by Detox

ask: where to get tshirts printed / embroided ? and where to buy tshirts in bulk? (same shop would be ideal)

add: wheel barrows sold at Home Mart ( between Lotus and Robinsons on same side).. down the left hand side of building in ware house area.

ask: where to get tshirts printed / embroided ? and where to buy tshirts in bulk? (same shop would be ideal)

add: wheel barrows sold at Home Mart ( between Lotus and Robinsons on same side).. down the left hand side of building in ware house area.

KY Jelly and condoms - 7/11, next to the Halls mints.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A very useful thread for NST newbies like me.

Three questions:

1. Is there an authorized Apple dealer in NST?

2. Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Tha Sala? Or at least vegetarian friendly? I've heard mention of a place downtown on Ratchadamnoen Road , but that's a bit far from here.

3. Does anyone have any experience with Amon Bicycle Shop in Tha Sala?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
A very useful thread for NST newbies like me.

Three questions:

1. Is there an authorized Apple dealer in NST?

Thanks.

Plug & Play is dealing with Apple.....they have a main office close to Carrefour and a second office in Robinson.

• 2 weeks later...
is there a second hand english book shop in n.s.t ?

I didn't come across one when I was in town last weekend. There's a chance I'll be going again this weekend, and I'll keep my eyes open again.

Plug and Play near Carrefour have alot of different electronics etc.

By any chance do you know if they have a good selection of MP3 players?

• 2 weeks later...
I was told be someone today that N.S.T has a Panthip Computer Shop ?

Is this the case and if so , where ?

It's down the steps under Kentucky Fired Chicken cafe at the Ocean Robinson Mall.

Have you bought anything from this shop before? If so, did you find them reputable? Would you recommend them? I stopped by briefly the other day, and wasn't overly impressed with the staff.

I need to buy a desktop, and am thinking about buying one in the box at either Tesco or Carrefour.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

callum06 is quite right. I bought a PC from Tesco the other day for a pal, came with only freeDOS installed and it only cost 400 bt to pay a computer dude to installl the OS and all the other whistles and bells software at a local shop in a couple of hours.

I haven't used Pantip before (though I agree with ups about the staff!), and there are other shops along the Ocean/Tesco road that sell desktops. ups, have you considered Plug and Play near the post-office (opposite Nakhon Garden Inn)? They have a guy in there who's a native English speaker and he seems to know his stuff.

Edited by Captain Haddock

callum06 is quite right. I bought a PC from Tesco the other day for a pal, came with only freeDOS installed and it only cost 400 bt to pay a computer dude to installl the OS and all the other whistles and bells software at a local shop in a couple of hours.

Have a read at this topic before you all do the same...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Clampdown-Pi...ke-t311475.html

Need some help to find the best places to buy chinaware, glass and cutlery for new resort.

Would like to have better quality than tesco and etc....

Any professional agents or shops in Nakhon or Surat????

Thanks.

Chef MIKI :)

Edited by sibelius