Business Signage

handydog

I have a small pizza shop and want to place a "pizza" sign at right-angles to the roadway. (Small town on out-skirts of Korat)

I have visions of a sign 3x1 metre, aprox 2metre off the ground.....

Can i go over the footpath?

Are local town governence have own rules?

Am I regulated by the Provincial government?

what are the max dimensions relitive to proximity of a roadway?

Cheers

I have a small pizza shop and want to place a "pizza" sign at right-angles to the roadway. (Small town on out-skirts of Korat)

I have visions of a sign 3x1 metre, aprox 2metre off the ground.....

Can i go over the footpath?

Are local town governence have own rules?

Am I regulated by the Provincial government?

what are the max dimensions relitive to proximity of a roadway?

Cheers

I've just been through all of this. Best bet is to get down the government office that deals with signs and check it out. They do charge a signage tax so please be aware that you must have any name of your company written in English replicated in Thai above (doesn't have to be big - check out any English sign and you will soon notice the Thai writting above). This puts you down from the top tax bracket to the middle bracket. Do all of this by ten days of setting up your sign or you will have to pay a fine

Good luck

The advise about including Thai in the sign is very sound, look at McDonalds signs they would not mess with their international standards without a reason. I have also noticed that signs that have one letter per panel have Thai on every panel.

Interestingly this is not an anti farang thing as such. The rule predates the rise of the falang, it was created because the Chinese would not have any Thai on their signs. You have the option to not have Thai on the sign, but check out the difference in the tax paid.

This is controlled by the local Oh Bor Tor, so send your liaison person down there to fill in the forms and pay the tax.

Edited by Chang_paarp