Shipping Company In Bankok

Does anyone know of a shipping company who can handle the importation of my container in Bangkok? Everything is arranged to there. Just need someone to clear customs and have it delivered to my residence.

Much appreciated.

Pieter

Edited by angmo

We imported a container of household goods a couple of months ago. We ended up doing all the customs clearance etc ourselves because all the companies we contacted turned out to be more or less crooked. Every one of them asked for extorbitant fees (B20-40k) plus 10-20k baht for "customs bribes" ("no receipt" as Schenker said) and everything else according to bills.

Doing it ourselves, we had to pay B2k to customs for two bikes that they couldn't clear as duty free and B3k for unloading and transporting the contents of the container from Lat Krabang to our house in BKK.

We even offered the nice customs officials a 'tip' for being helpful but they refused to accept the money. Any "customs bribes" that these companies ask for are most likely just going straight down their own pockets.

My advice: only use a local shipping company if you can't spare a day or two doing it yourself. Customs are nice and helpful and you have nothing to fear doing it yourself.

We imported a container of household goods a couple of months ago. We ended up doing all the customs clearance etc ourselves because all the companies we contacted turned out to be more or less crooked. Every one of them asked for extorbitant fees (B20-40k) plus 10-20k baht for "customs bribes" ("no receipt" as Schenker said) and everything else according to bills.

Doing it ourselves, we had to pay B2k to customs for two bikes that they couldn't clear as duty free and B3k for unloading and transporting the contents of the container from Lat Krabang to our house in BKK.

We even offered the nice customs officials a 'tip' for being helpful but they refused to accept the money. Any "customs bribes" that these companies ask for are most likely just going straight down their own pockets.

My advice: only use a local shipping company if you can't spare a day or two doing it yourself. Customs are nice and helpful and you have nothing to fear doing it yourself.

It's probably just try on.Happens with most freight companies dealing with Personal Effects.As for the bribe part, I'm not sure.BTW,the Customs Dept. here has a reputation of being very corrupt.

In a company that I used to be involved with, I set a policy that if Joe bloggs with his personel effects called, we would charge 4-5 times the going commercial rate.

This was because PE's involved a heap of shagging around. If we got the biz then great.If we didn't then no big deal. :o

It's probably just try on.Happens with most freight companies dealing with Personal Effects.As for the bribe part, I'm not sure.BTW,the Customs Dept. here has a reputation of being very corrupt.

In a company that I used to be involved with, I set a policy that if Joe bloggs with his personel effects called, we would charge 4-5 times the going commercial rate.

This was because PE's involved a heap of shagging around. If we got the biz then great.If we didn't then no big deal. :o

Yup, but I suspect that much of the reputation of being corrupt is spread by the shipping companies to scare people from doing it themselves. In our case, the customs officials we dealt with even refused the money we wanted to tip them with after they were helpful in sorting it all out. The only corrupted people we encountered all worked for the various shipping companies we contacted.