Any Help Solutions For Drug Addicts In Thailand?

silent0tt0

hi there,

do any of you guys know,where one can find help or treatment not only for alcoholics but drug addicts as well???,as AA seems not very supportive to peoples whom are not only suffering from alcohol addiction but other substances as well. I've always been told by members after these meetings not to mention any drug problem of mine,just introducing my self as an alcoholic,nothing else. Anyway any help or advise in this regard is very much appreciated.

thanks a mio to you guys in advance,

silent0tt0

I've been clean and sober over 14 years in AA and always found support to stay clean as well as sober. Go to different meetings and don't dwell on the drugs in meetings. Get a sponsor that can deal with it. You'll find most alcoholics were also addicted to other drugs as well.

For treatment I highly recommend Wat Thamkrabok. I have posted a thread about this in the 'I drink too much' sub -forum. I can't post a link because I'm using my iPod to post this.

I am an ex-patient and I actually live near the temple. I have not witnessed the things you describe. There are many many druggies and drunks who escaped their addiction while at the temple.

I am sure that you are just repeating what you have heard, but I do hope your comment doesn't put people getting help at the temple.

Best of luck anyway.

Edited by garro