How May I Get From Nakhon Si Tammarat To Ko Samui

mishka1978

hi to everybody

I will coming to nakhon si tammarat airport

i just want know the shortest and quick way to ko samui

how much its should cost, and how much time its take

thanks

mishka

Mini bus to the Donsak ferry, about 1 1/2 hours then 1 1/2 hours on the ferry. About 200 Baht in total.

hi to everybody

thanks

mishka

Mini bus to the Donsak ferry, about 1 1/2 hours then 1 1/2 hours on the ferry. About 200 Baht in total.

are possible to take some ferry direct from nakhon si tammarat?

hi to everybody

thanks

mishka

are possible to take some ferry direct from nakhon si tammarat?

You will have to come into Nakhon city centre first by mini-bus or limousine from airport. You will then need to get another mini-bus from the Donsak mini-bus station at the north end of Rajadamnern Rd (opposite the fish market). About 1 and half hours to Donsak, get a ferry another hour and a half and you're on Samui. No ferry direct from Nakhonsrithammarat City. If you're by yourself, you can get from Nakhon airport to Samui for well under B500 and including waiting times etc, work on about 5 hourse from airport to the island.

Take the big bus.

Go to bus station in Nakhon Si Tammarat and take the local Samui bus.

No need for minibuses taking you to Suratthani first.

how much time its take?

and cost?

Why don't you just fly to Koh Samui?? If you are trying to save money by flying to Nakhon Sri Thammarat then heading to Samui then you are wasting time... pay the extra 1500 baht and fly to Samui.

Taxi from airport to town = 25 mins = 300 baht

Waiting for minivan = 30 - 1 hour

Minivan to Don Sak = 1 hour 30 mins = 250 baht (ferry included)

wait for ferry = 30 min

ferry to Samui = 1 hour 30 min

taxi to hotel = 30 mins = 50 baht to 500 baht

total = 5 hours 30 minutes + 600 baht (1000baht)

Not worth it :)

Sichon Pattanakit Ltd. (บริษัทสิชลพัฒนกิจ จำกัด) is the company who do transfer from Nakhon To Samui, ticket price about 230-240B include ferry transfer

or call to them at 075 342400

• 10 months later...

has anyone done this trip recently from nakhon airport to samui? was it worth, got cheap flights to nakhon for the date i need to get to samui, how long is the bus trip from nakhon to donsak? is there any direct bus from the airport to the ferry?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone done this trip recently from nakhon airport to samui? was it worth, got cheap flights to nakhon for the date i need to get to samui, how long is the bus trip from nakhon to donsak? is there any direct bus from the airport to the ferry?

cheers

I don't know of any bus from the airport

a couple of taxis usually about

the mini bus leaves from downtown Nakhon

if it's not full you get on the van otherwise you wait for the following van.

it is cheap, and takes about 1 1/2 hr to Donsak

so let's say you get the 1pm van,

you would get to Donsak for the the 3pm ferry,

so you would be in Samui at 4:30pm

if im landing after 3pm at nakhon im not going to make the last ferry at donsak. any reccommendations on what i should do. i need to get on one of the first ferries so should i stay in surat thani town or is there somewhere really close and cheap to the ferry, walking distance or motorbike taxi?

so to get from nakhon airport to surat thani i have to go to downtown nakhon? how far is that from the airport and is that to a main bus terminal? nobody knows of any buses from the airport to surat thani?

thanks

if im landing after 3pm at nakhon im not going to make the last ferry at donsak. any reccommendations on what i should do. i need to get on one of the first ferries so should i stay in surat thani town or is there somewhere really close and cheap to the ferry, walking distance or motorbike taxi?

so to get from nakhon airport to surat thani i have to go to downtown nakhon? how far is that from the airport and is that to a main bus terminal? nobody knows of any buses from the airport to surat thani?

thanks

Maybe you can ask around in the plane or at Bangkok airport who is going onwards to Samui and either follow them or if they are by car ask for a ride. :)

Just a few remarks on that as I have done the Samui-NST-BKK route a few times when travelling with the family to save cost;

- If you fly with Nok Air, be ready to have your flight either cancelled or the times changed. Last time both my outward and inward flight times were changed, with arriving back at NST from BKK at 17:30 in stead of around 15:00. Luckily we de didn't carry any check in luggage so we were at the carpark at 17:45. Had to drive like a manic to be at the ferry port at Donsak at 18:45 and luckily were just allowed to get onto the last ferry.

- Last ferry with Seatran departs at 19:00. If you are on foot you can still get a ticket at 18:45 and run to make it onboard. I have never done the public transport from NST to Donsak. But from the airport you will need around 20 minutes to get into NST town. Providing there are taxis, cause many times there are none. In that case there is a limousine service desk just next to the exit, where you can purchase a ride into town. Those are fixed prices and pretty steep. I am sure you can also purchase a ride to Donsak there, but then be prepared to pay.... From NST town to Donsak ferry is around 130 km, so will take around 1,5 hours with a minivan.

If you arrive at around 15:00, you should have time enough to go via NST town to Donsak with public transport and be there before the last ferry of the day departs. If you arrive after 16:00 you can either take a limousine ride directly from the airport to Donsak or have to opt for a night somewhere. There are no places to stay very close to the ferry. So then it would be best to just check into a hotel in NST town. Surat Thani would not be a good place to find a hotel as that is another 60 km from the ferry in the other direction than NST, so you would just make your total travel time at least 2 hours longer...

Good luck!

thanks gulfsailor. yeah air asia already cancelled my original morning flight which would have given me plenty of time now ive gotta arrive late arvo and see what i can do. i called got the misses to call around and apprently they do have transport from the airport to donsak for 300 baht, so will see if thats true when i get there. also the ferry company said there was some cheap accomm very close to the ferry so il take my chances and if miss the last ferry just try and stay there the night.

thanks for your help, il post all info next week as to what to do so other will know.

cheers