BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainCanuck

Hypnosis!

I quit with hypnotherapy. I had been smoking for 27 years or so and finally quit in February 2010. I had just about given up hope of ever giving up, but really wanted to quit. Hypnotherapy seemed to be just what was needed to get me over the last mental hurdle.

The bitch of it was that it was all so easy. No cravings, no irritability and no way I will go back to smoking. In fact in the first three days after therapy (as a single session that lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours)I felt on top of the world and people said that they had noticed that I seemed unusually happy.

Will never regret going, just regret that I hadn't tried this route sooner. Prior to hypnosis, I had read The Easy Way by Allen Carr, read other books, tried listening to hypnosis tapes, cold turkey (willpower), etc without success and was getting to my wits end. I believe that I had, perhaps (and here I have got to agree with Allen Carr), accepted all the hype and convinced/brainwashed myself into believing it would be exceedingly difficult, that I had no hope, that I could not quit. In reality it was exceedingly easy with hypnosis pushing me over the top to success.

Nevertheless, people have got to realize that it is not the golden bullet. You must really want to quit. If you go into hypnosis (pun not intended) half hearted or only because your wife/gf asked you to quit, it is unlikely to work.

I found the hypnotherapist I went to through an ad he placed in the Thai Visa classifieds. I did not post before because I felt it was too soon, but now can confirm it really did work for me as I am still free of the habit 9 months on. Even in situations where others are smoking does not bother me.

could you please let me have his name/number? i'm in the same boat as you were. nothing work for me.

would much much appreciate it

Just a quick tale on my experience. Went to an HT back in the midwest of the U.S. in 1992. Cost about $ 70 USD I think, would be like $ 120 now. Anyway, the guy layed me down, did some relaxation exercises (verbal...), then went through a fairly short canned story about relaxation fluid through my body and tossing the smokes in a hole I dug on a dessert island.

I left my smokes in his office and stayed off for 7 years. Just my stupidity of trying a couple cigars during the cigar craze brought me back to the trap. He did give me a cassette of the session which I loved to listen to but I lost it after I started up again.

Now on Day 2 after reading Carr's Easy Way, the first day was easier! But all in all not too bad.

I'm on day 7 doing the Easy Way to Quit Smoking. Only slightly rough day was day 3. I've been out a few times, drank a bit, seems to be going OK. Of course I started to feel significantly better right away, the first day.

Is there any hypnotherapist in Pattaya ?

Is there an English Native speaker hypnotherapist in Pattaya ?

Interesting thread, did anyone here ever use the guy in Asoke? I'm open to the idea of hypnotherapy but am a little concerned about getting scammed, especially in Thailand :) So any personal recommendations would be useful

Well i bit the bullet and enrolled in a stop smoking program with one of the Bangkok Hypnotherapist guys, John K, just finished my second session with him today (half way thru the program) and i've gone from a 20/40 a day smoker (20 normally, 40 if drinking) to 2 cigarettes last week with a target of none next week :)

I was skeptical in the hypnotherapy thing at first, still am a little if i am honest, but something is working... this time around has been much easier to give up, less cravings that have been significantly easier to brush aside when they do come... i feel confident i can kick this habit this time around and it doesn't feel as scarey/impossible as it seemed a month or two ago when i thought about quitting.

Well i bit the bullet and enrolled in a stop smoking program with one of the Bangkok Hypnotherapist guys, John K, just finished my second session with him today (half way thru the program) and i've gone from a 20/40 a day smoker (20 normally, 40 if drinking) to 2 cigarettes last week with a target of none next week smile.png

I was skeptical in the hypnotherapy thing at first, still am a little if i am honest, but something is working... this time around has been much easier to give up, less cravings that have been significantly easier to brush aside when they do come... i feel confident i can kick this habit this time around and it doesn't feel as scarey/impossible as it seemed a month or two ago when i thought about quitting.

Good luck to you and I hope you can quit forever.

Can you explain why there is to be 4 sessions?

Also how much does the complete program cost?

Thanks and again good luck

Can hypnosis help my gf getting interested in sex ?

No but it will stop her lighting up afterwards ... laugh.png

Not if she stops smoking. :(

Not if she stops smoking. sad.png

The problem with hypnosis is that it will not help you stop or start doing something you do not desire to stop or start. Unfortunately, that includes sex. So unless she really wishes to be more interested, it will not work, and you are maybe the only one (other than her) who knows whether she would like to be more interested in it (with you).smile.png

Is there any hypnotherapist in Pattaya ?

Is there an English Native speaker hypnotherapist in Pattaya ?

I am also based in Pattya and would like some referral for hypnotherapy if anyone knows one.

Cheers

Greg