Seen This Joker In Chiang Rai?

lannaman

From the Bristol Evening Post:

Outside Bristol Zoo is the car park, with spaces for 150 cars and 8 coaches. It has been manned 6 days a week for 23 years by the same charming and very polite car park attendant with the ticket machine. The charges are £1. per car and £5. per coach.

On Monday 1 June, he did not turn up for work. Bristol Zoo management phoned Bristol City Council to ask them to send a replacement parking attendant.

The Council said "That car park is your responsibility." The Zoo said "The attendant was employed by the City Council... wasn't he?" The Council said "What attendant?"

Gone missing from his home is a man who has been taking daily the car park fees amounting to about £400. per day for the last 23 years...!

total sum just short £2.9 mill

Well obviously was doing such a good job they now want a replacement! Not a scam in my books ,sounds like he provided a service and got paid, tax free lol

but then again b/g"s tax free to. Leave him alone :)

Edited by zorro1

He's a criminal. I hope they hunt him like an animal and put him in a nice cage for a very long time.

No, he's an entrepreneur who worked daily, consistently over many years and provided a service. The fact that the government (local or central) didn't manage his activities and their own revenue collection process (aka taxes) reflects more poorly on them than on this chap. Bravo I say.

He's a thief. Do you applaud others who embezzle, commit fraud and steal?

The only difference between those who commit fraud and steal and everyone else is that only people in the former category have actually been caught! On that basis, if I admired someone who was successful before they were caught I see no need to change my opinion of them afterwards. Six months ago I would probably have said that I admired Maddoff for running a successful investment company and ten years ago I actually admired Bernie Ebbers at Worldcom. Most folks also admire Robin Hood (he may be fictional, just like the chap in the article but he did steal).

Edited by chiang mai

He's a criminal. I hope they hunt him like an animal and put him in a nice cage for a very long time.

Sometimes people need help, but they are too ashamed to ask.

Don't hesitate, I will take you seriously!

Limbo :)

Reason for editing: I forgot some letters.

Edited by Limbo

I am lost, what does that story has to do with Chiang Rai? :D

Dear Fred2007,

It's a great question you put on our table and I am sure that we will all think about the answer. Some of us will say: "this question we will take home and answer tomorrow, as there doesn't seem to be an urgency".

The easiest answer might be that Lannaman wondered if somebody has seen the parking genius in Chiang Rai.

Maybe to blackmail him into buying a beer and having a great laugh together enjoying it.

Dear Fred, I have not the slightest idea who you are and many with me.

How long have you been living in Chiang Rai?

Do you like the food in Chiang Rai, do you like the people of Chiang Rai? What brought you to Chiang Rai?

It would be very nice to know you as you seem to be very much engaged in the Chiang Rai situation.

If you are new in Chiang Rai I am sure that I talk for many of us when I say : Welcome in Chiang Rai Fred 2007!

Share your thoughts with us, as you seem to be a very interesting man who asks himself and us serious questions and more than that: you even wish to shareyour contemplations with us. Thank you Fred2007! I look forward to your future unburdenings.

To do with Chiang Rai? Well, not a lot! Just an interesting tale, maybe true, maybe not, but with 26 posts it's created a bit of interest and amusement it seems. :)

From the Bristol Evening Post:

Outside Bristol Zoo is the car park, with spaces for 150 cars and 8 coaches. It has been manned 6 days a week for 23 years by the same charming and very polite car park attendant with the ticket machine. The charges are £1. per car and £5. per coach.

On Monday 1 June, he did not turn up for work. Bristol Zoo management phoned Bristol City Council to ask them to send a replacement parking attendant.

The Council said "That car park is your responsibility." The Zoo said "The attendant was employed by the City Council... wasn't he?" The Council said "What attendant?"

Gone missing from his home is a man who has been taking daily the car park fees amounting to about £400. per day for the last 23 years...!

total sum just short £2.9 mill

WOW way to go too cool

Hey he worked without pay, insurance, retirement, and so on for 28 years in the same place.

Where did you work for 28 years? Without pay......

I say he earned every last penny

Dear Fred2007,

It's a great question you put on our table and I am sure that we will all think about the answer. Some of us will say: "this question we will take home and answer tomorrow, as there doesn't seem to be an urgency".

The easiest answer might be that Lannaman wondered if somebody has seen the parking genius in Chiang Rai.

Maybe to blackmail him into buying a beer and having a great laugh together enjoying it.

Dear Fred, I have not the slightest idea who you are and many with me.

How long have you been living in Chiang Rai?

Do you like the food in Chiang Rai, do you like the people of Chiang Rai? What brought you to Chiang Rai?

It would be very nice to know you as you seem to be very much engaged in the Chiang Rai situation.

If you are new in Chiang Rai I am sure that I talk for many of us when I say : Welcome in Chiang Rai Fred 2007!

Share your thoughts with us, as you seem to be a very interesting man who asks himself and us serious questions and more than that: you even wish to shareyour contemplations with us. Thank you Fred2007! I look forward to your future unburdenings.

Hi Limbo

No I am not complaining about that story actually it is quiet funny the reason I ask that quetion

is many posters put up stories which are not related to Thailand and every body ask

" What's that got to do with Thailand?" So I just did the same thing :D

Unfortunately I do not live in Chiang Rai but come up for holidays quiet often I love it up there.

it seems to be a relaxed area and the people are friendly I hope that will clear up your

questions :D

Cheers