New In Sakon Nakhon

Royspurs

G'Day Mate

My name is Roy i'm plan to move to the City of Sakon Nakhon very close to Udonthani have anyone around there that i can speak English with? or Have anyone know where to meet the group of people who speaking English, :) I'm from Aus by the way

Thank you,

Roy :D

Sakhon Nakhon is not Nakhon Sawan, it`s in the North East Issan and not even that close to Udon you might want to check a map if your moving there. I live about 45 mins away. There are a few members on TV dotted around there.

Thanks.

Sorry, miss read the name, maybe the eastern Thailand forum is better then.

Sakhon Nakhon is not Nakhon Sawan, it`s in the North East Issan and not even that close to Udon you might want to check a map if your moving there. I live about 45 mins away. There are a few members on TV dotted around there.

Thanks.

Sorry, miss read the name, maybe the eastern Thailand forum is better then.

And the Issan forum might be even better. :)

Ten years ago I spent an interesting week in Sakhon Nakhon with a lovely lady whom I'm still friends with. We traveled around the city and visited the hospital, the post office, the big lake, a couple of parks, the usual Thai cafes and diners, and the local fruit and vegetable markets. I never found anyone but one young university student that spoke any English. She wanted to speak to me just so she could practise her English. The rest of my conversations were in the tiny bit of Thai I knew.

In the week I was there, walking continually every day, I only saw ONE farang, and he appeared to be a Vietnam vet who wanted to opt out of the western societies culture. Whenever I rode the back of the little red busses the school kids would point and shout at me... "Farang, Farang, Farang!". They weren't making fun of me; they were just point out that I was an oddity.

There was only one flight a day from Bangkok and it arrived about 7 AM. I'm certain that things have probably changed, but not that much.

As a regular visitor there (my wife is from the area) it would appear to have changed a lot in 10 years. English is spoken at various proficiencies by many locals, although obviously not to the same extent as say BKK or Phuket.

The city has some tourist attractions and an expat community but IMHO there are more interesting Isaan cities to live in.

Check the links on this site for maps and expat info:

Sakon Nakhon Live

Not a problem, when you arrive just get out and about you meet many English speaking farangs in and around Sakon Nakhon, many made the trip to Udonthani, which is about 120km west of Sakon Nakhon, as I recall my friend in Udonthani said there was a Big C on that route and many farangs meet and greet there. :D:D:D:)

• 4 weeks later...
G'Day Mate

My name is Roy i'm plan to move to the City of Sakon Nakhon very close to Udonthani have anyone around there that i can speak English with? or Have anyone know where to meet the group of people who speaking English, :) I'm from Aus by the way

Thank you,

Roy :D

Gooday Roy, I am Russ and I am living in Sakon Nakhon now. Building a house here for my gal. I am from The USA, New orleans, LA.

SN is a slooooow place with minimal falang support. We must find the brothers here to survive. They are about a 100 at least, maybe more. I met one in the bank. I am a poker-player and a poor golfer. A little tennis too. My gal speaks english and is 35. We are leaving on a holiday for a mionth to bali and will return on sept 2. Contact me [email protected]

Any other displaced falangs please do ther same, We will wilt without english conversation.