Ipod Fm Transmitter For In My Car.

merijn

I would like to use my Ipod in my car but my new Camry does not have a external connection for a Ipod. :)

Does anybody know where i can buy a Ipod FM transmitter which i can in my car.

I'm looking for a Belkin or griffin FM Transmitter for example and can go to Panthip or MBK.

Do somebody know if i can buy these at Panthip or MBK or smewhere else ?

Hi merijn

Although I cannot 100% confirm they are available in Panthip, I would be VERY suprised if they are not there somewhere.

My Oz mate has a Belkin unit in his Camry and although it is an easy solution, he says the sound quality doesn't match up to a

iPod enabled unit, plus stops when the radio station frequency changes whilst travelling.

Good luck

Dave

I've used two different FM transmitters and the quality of both were not very good. It seems like no matter what frequency you try somewhere. someone's transmitting on that frequency when driving around Bangkok (if you're in Bangkok, that is). Now I've got a USB cable plugged into the car stereo (you can use an AUX cable if you have one). Much better quality.

PS got one FM transmitter in Seri Center (about 200 baht) and the other I ordered from Amazpn (about 900 baht).

My theory is that the cheapest chinese knock-off FM transmitters are the best - because they don't care about any interference standards and don't need to limit the output strength to very low limits as they exist in Europe and the USA.

I bought a very expensive one which turned out to be not working at all, a Griffin RoadTrip. One of the most useless products I ever bought. The stiff arm ensures that your cigarette lighter plug will soon give out, and the FM transmitter works only with lots of static. So unless you like all your music to sound like it's coming from a far away radio station, don't bother.

I now got a simple iPod unit from Alpine, fitted and with converter cost 6000 BHT after selling my old stereo to the dealer. 8500 was the price, I got 2500 for my old unit which I thought was more than fair, didn't know there was a market for these at all.

It's really perfect in every way - there are little details like what happens if you turn off the engine. With an FM transmitter, you have to perhaps remember to turn off the transmitter, and pause the iPod. With the stereo, it works just like a CD, you don't do anything and it continues where it left off when you turn the ignition back on.

Edited by nikster

I just bought one of these things last week and can also attest to what everybody else has mentioned - it works, but there's plenty of static in the background given the amount of stations in Bangkok. You'll probably get better results if you're out in the country somewhere.

If you're still interested I purchased mine from the Apple store in Esplanade on Ratchada. Would probably of had much more variety in Fortune.

• 1 month later...
I would like to use my Ipod in my car but my new Camry does not have a external connection for a Ipod. :)

Does anybody know where i can buy a Ipod FM transmitter which i can in my car.

I'm looking for a Belkin or griffin FM Transmitter for example and can go to Panthip or MBK.

Do somebody know if i can buy these at Panthip or MBK or smewhere else ?

Move your all car music from ipod to pendrive - in mp3 format.Buy chinese fm-modulator and stick pendrive in it.In this way you will not go throu analog wire connection.

You will save ipod from wear and tear.Chinese modulators are all cheap,but they are diffirent,the best are models black color;they are not knock-offs however!I do not know any "original" model better then them,do you?with SDcard slot,USB,internal memory?At least you can try ,it will cost you little!- you have to adjust output frequency to minimize interference.

Better solution is car receiver with USB input. In Macro you could buy characteristic speaker in form of "pig"(1200B)-it is very good device,with powerfull bass(2.1)you can power it from

lighter socket and adapt to use in car.The latest models are available(not in LOS yet,but may be already here)-with SDslot and USB and...i-pod socket.Some - in the form of "panda".

They look cute,but amazing sound!Its original chinese idea(pig),panda is for US market,pigs are not cute in US eyes!

It seems like no matter what frequency you try somewhere. someone's transmitting on that frequency when driving around Bangkok

The FM band is very full in Bangkok,

so a cable solution will be better.

It seems like no matter what frequency you try somewhere. someone's transmitting on that frequency when driving around Bangkok

The FM band is very full in Bangkok,

so a cable solution will be better.

It is connected not by cable,but by another wire - power supply!The trick is to close external anthena - it helps,but its inconvinience.

Do you have any traffic info in BKK on fm?I am using it up-country,3 fms in 100km.

• 1 month later...

You may be much better off replacing your head( your camary deck itself with an aftermarket Kenwood- Pioneer-alpine ) whatever your taste is in the way you like the sound of your deck. I am not sure of what the prices are now for the kit to get your Ipod to your stereo deck as mine was purchased in 04 & still kicks ass so no need to replace. If you change out the standard unit you will also receive the benefit of adding in a sub woofer if you really like to hear the music the way it was recorded. The FM transmitters are garbage & made to break. I would be surprised if your camary does not have a built in system already. Most of the autos switched to this as a standard feature in 2006. If the interface is $175.00 U.S or 7000 baht I would buy an mp4 player.This will give you the option of a dvd instead of cd & you can have 4.7 gigs of music opposed to 700 MB you can watch movies as well. My Kenwood is a cd player & has not seen more than 3 cd's since I bought it. The Ipod is much more versatile. I think soon they will be coming out with built in hard drives as well to give Ipod some competition. I use my Kenwood in my house with a converter to 12 volts. with a su8b & a BBR equalizer & it is just a hair under my old Maccintosh preamp with twin 250 tube type admirable amps. But the subs 18" Bozak (1962 speakers) blow away the sub I use now. The new decks are so cheap in price now it may be worth considering. Buy your equalizer separate if you do decide to get one- as the deck gets older & you want a new one , you are out an equalizer. Even without an aftermarket deck will crush your Camary's sound. They make plug kits to make it easy for changing over the speaker configuration. My present system will pump out about a kilo's worth of distance, but I use it to hear the thump of the bass as low as 1/2 a click & it is as clear as a bell. A BBR equalizer also cleans up any digital problems or compression errors as well- but unfortunately are only available with Alpine decks. Alpine bought the rights.........I am not an Alpine freak. Now a used BBR unit sells as high as 26,000 baht. If you can find one.

Edited by Beardog