Young Booze Hound!

To be honest I KNOW for a FACT I drink too much too often. Yet I have sober pals that don't seem to have the same worries.

It is a source of mystery to me. Why do I worry and they don't?

Why is it some folks can have a few beers one day and not drink all week, yet I can't wait to drink away my worries about how much I drink?

I don't break stuff or miss work, I just need a few drinks to get by after I fininish work.

Do i really need to worry? Is it really a case of stopping for a month? I know that I can do 2 days at a push.

I have thought about a liver test to wake me up, but when I ws told i could not drink for two weeks I gave it a miss.

My simple question is, Is that bad?

To be honest I KNOW for a FACT I drink too much too often. Yet I have sober pals that don't seem to have the same worries.

Why is it some folks can have a few beers one day and not drink all week, yet I can't wait to drink away my worries about how much I drink?

I don't break stuff or miss work, I just need a few drinks to get by after I fininish work.

Do i really need to worry? Is it really a case of stopping for a month? I know that I can do 2 days at a push.

I have thought about a liver test to wake me up, but when I ws told i could not drink for two weeks I gave it a miss.

I think its bad.

I've been trying to give up for over a year now, and the longest I've managed to string together is one month...

I found that I didn't get "better" at drinking no matter how hard I practiced. And now, I can hardly remember the last time I had a drink on my own without going on till closing time and suffering memory lapse... The trouble is that the first thing I forget is I forget the reason why I mustn't drink...

So I'll be going back to AA and trying to string together as long a patch of sobriety as I can.

Good luck, whatever you do. Even if you keep drinking, try to get used to not drinking every day.

All the best

SC

How do you know that they dont worry, The important thing is that you worry and probably you feel good cause to worry. Thats why you have posted on this forum.

So its really back to you to find a way to stop worrying. Either stop drinking or come to terms with it.

As a matter of interest there is no easy way to cut down on drinking and control it. Its abstinence as the easy way. [easier perhaps i should say]

Your drinking pattern sounds similar to the one I used to have...never touched a drop till 5pm then.....................................

If you can't stop for longer than 2 days at a time you do have a BIG problem I'm sorry to say.

You know what yo have to do, it's already been pointed out to you on the other thread you started.

Good luck....it's worth it.