Nakhon Sawan

simba

No mate, they only have a motorbike. We are going to a place that is close to Pichit.

Hi again,

some options...one is you take the Bus from Mor Chit (Bangkok Bustation) that leads to Phi chit or you go by train to NS and than take a Tuktuk to the Busstation in Nakhon sawan (opposite Pimarn Hotel) and go from there to Phi Chit. I would take the option with the Bus from Mor chit to Phi chit...

hope that helps,

rcm :o

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just take the bus from BKK to Pichit. Or a Mini bus from Chatachk market might even get you closer, can get ones that go right past my house (highway 11) there, and they end up in Ta Tago about 30 min from Pitchit so I'm sure they will have ones going all the way.

• 8 months later...
Hi NS peoples,

where can I rent a motorbike (Honda Wave etc.) at Nakhon Sawan?

I don't know off ANY rental shops in town(Bikes or cars),but i will ask my girl if she know's of any,and get back to you,ok!May i suggest buying second hand?Not expensive,but i don't know your finances or travel arrangements,but if here for a while,buying is a good option.Oh,please buy a helmet,we don't want to lose another farang,haha. :o

Hi NS peoples,

where can I rent a motorbike (Honda Wave etc.) at Nakhon Sawan?

I don't know off ANY rental shops in town(Bikes or cars),but i will ask my girl if she know's of any,and get back to you,ok!May i suggest buying second hand?Not expensive,but i don't know your finances or travel arrangements,but if here for a while,buying is a good option.Oh,please buy a helmet,we don't want to lose another farang,haha. :bah:

Hmmm,it seems that Nakhon sawon is not so good for rental bikes or cars,maybe the only option is a second hand bike,if you are here for a while?Otherwise,how good is your thai speaking?If you have a Thai friend make up a list of places you want to go to on a regular basis,in thai,you can show to the motorbike taxi riders,it is very cheap to get around,and maybe safer then riding yourself! :D Also remember that in places like Pattaya and BKK,it is not uncommon to have your rental bike stolen,by the people you rented off,then charge you full price for the "lost bike".You are responsible for the bike,no insurance from them. :D They love us Farangs SOOO much,haha.okay,happy shopping,oh,how long are you here for? :D:o:D

:D

Ahhhhhhhh Nakhon Sawan motorbikes

large.jpg

This one for a family of six or seven

large.jpg

and she is just waiting to give you a lift in her motorbike taxi

large.jpg

All of three photos taken in …………. You guessed it Nakhon Sawan :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

:D

Ahhhhhhhh Nakhon Sawan motorbikes

large.jpg

This one for a family of six or seven

large.jpg

and she is just waiting to give you a lift in her motorbike taxi

large.jpg

All of three photos taken in …………. You guessed it Nakhon Sawan :o

Haha,Nakhon wouldn't be the same without them... :bah::D

Haha,Nakhon wouldn't be the same without them... :bah::bah:

Hope you also enjoyed the Panoramic photos that I posted earlier in this thread.

BTW, I saved the best for last. :o

large.jpg

large.jpg

Happy days to you all traveling in Thailand. :D

Safe journeys :D

Lat time i was there i noticed a lot more farangs than before, the fairy land is now a tesco. all the decent bars are accross from Sawon park but beware one or two of them can be a bit rough, 2 xmases ago someone was shot at one of the bars so i was told . it seems to be all the young Thais against Thais so not a real prob for the likes of us, i just wouldnt want to be around with guns goin off an all. the Big c is a good place to eat as there's a lot of choice.

• 1 year later...
Hi, yes you can move teak, but make sure you have a permit from the Forestry Department, cause if the highway boys stop ya, you will have a mess of explaining to tell without that permit.

Teak wood is prized wood here in Thailand. And it is getting in the protective stages now.

Most foreigners rent homes here, and some of them are married and have their own houses too. Rent for a house is around 2,000 baht on the average. In some cases they might hit you up to 4,000 but that is rare. Same for townhouses if you want to be in one of those Sauna homes. You can find a nice spiffy small one for around 1,500 Baht a month too. Usually just on the outskirts of the city itself.

I think living in the outskirts is much better than being squashed like a sardine with the people in Town. This is my opinion. If you need to do a visa run, you can go on the highway and head north to Mae Sot. Total time to do this visa run tops out 6 to 7 hours depending on your driving round trip. Reason of the hours is just going thru 80 Kilometers of mountains takes me 1 hour one way. Doing the visa walk and stamping on both sides takes you another hour. So really the highway itself is only 3 to 4 hours tops round trip. Best time to do this run is leave here around 4 AM and you arrive in Mae Sot around 6:30 to 7 am, and then leave Mae Sot around 8 AM and arrive back here around 10:30 to 11 AM . Doing it this way you avoid most traffic both ways. My Honday City uses a full tank of gas on this run. The mountains burn up a lot of that fuel for the most part.

Oh by the way don't bring Pop cans with you thru those mountains. They automatically decompress (inverted) and swooooooosh comes out your pop!!!!!!!!!! Plastic bottles much better, but open them from time to time to equalize the pressure altitude.

The foreigners are scattered all around town here. I bring my two dachshunds out to Big C and do my shopping with them in the cart. So if you see a shopping cart with 2 Dachshunds, then you will be seeing me either right there or near by it.

Other than that, Nakhon Sawan is OK to stay in, but trust me BEWARE of those motorbikes. There is so many here it is literally soon going to be called Motorcycle City.

Daveyo

Where can you rent for 4,000 baht per month in Nakhon Sawan, my wife is from Nakhon Sawan we return there in a few months, when I mentioned these prices to her she was surprised how cheap.

Are there any rental agencies, or is it just a case of driving around looking for the "to-rent" signs ?

Regards

Arran.