Nakhon Sawan

simba

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Nice pics Kan. I knowwhere they were taken from but I've never been up there!!

RC

Yes Kan Win nice pictures, we will be in Nakhon Sawan Xmas/ New Year.

Will get in touch with you guys, so we can meet up some place and meet each other.

Were the pictures taken from "wat keow godp", with at least 100+ stairs to get up there ???

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

myself and girlfriend are in chiang mia, she has family in Nakhon Sawon and we will be visiting in the next few months my question is,

is there any good places to go for a night out ie a good meal and a few beers?

are ther any large shopping areas?

i no nothing about the place so woul be gratefull for any replys.

hello there

get to nakhon sawan

lovely place.... and eat at evening market at the river..there is a bigc there now which has everything u could possibly want even a kfc!!

if u wanna know anymore just ask me and ill be only pleased to help

• 2 weeks later...
What is the most photographed place in the world? that one I do not know.

Would the photographer say something? Yes

Not Nakhon Nowhere. NO

(I enjoyed the photos, (thank you) nothing like my point-and-shot camera)

:D:D:D

think_too_mut

Me think in Thailand it would be this place:-

large.jpg

and this place:-

large.jpg

Enjoy, Happy Days, :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

Again, great photos. Thank you

When there, somebody told me that the middle part of the bridge (squary construction) is what was built during the day and bombed overnight. Do not know that part, but, it was bombed, yes.  The arched ones are the same. YES They are REAL

Now I know what you mean about !!! photos

The Bridge “Span” came from Java (Dutch, BTW) and the middle part was bombed, hence no Arches.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Hope that helps. :D

See you next time in Kan :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nakhon Sawan is a great place, im usually there about 2 or 3 times a week. Some good restauants (nice chinese near fairy land) all the fast food places, enough shopping, a really nice park and loads more.... :D

You'll love it :o

Do you know where and how to get a Thai driving license in Nakhon Sawan. Been using my expired International one for 3 years and need to get legal or my insurance is invalid apparently.

Nakhon Sawan is a great place, im usually there about 2 or 3 times a week. Some good restauants (nice chinese near fairy land) all the fast food places, enough shopping, a really nice park and loads more.... :D

Do you know where and how to get a Thai driving license in Nakhon Sawan. Been using my expired International one for 3 years and need to get legal or my insurance is invalid apparently.

Hi there,

If you have a non immigrant visa than you can transfer the older Licence into the Thai Licence at the Testing Ground and this isn't really easy to find . But it is near Toyota and Honda Nakhon Sawan (this is outside of Town on Phitsanulok road - if you go outside town it is on the right side) . I did that about 6 month ago and you'll be better off if you have somebody speaking Thai with you (unless, you speak good Thai), as no one will be able to speak in English there. As i never made my Motorbikle Licence i did it the same time and there i had the Exam there and by surprise they have this in English as well. It is somwhat funny to watch this exams as the average Thai seems to be fail on these exames more than two times ...that explaines now why the Thai's driving in Nakhon Sawan is in fact much worse than in most of the African Countries !

Regardless, your licence will cost you about 100 Baht and is valid for one year and than you will go there again for just renewing it (i have been told ...not done that yet), but that is fairly easy. Pay the Fee bring some Pics passport...and you'll have it the sam day. If i am not mistaken you will get the second licence for 3 years or so....well i can tell you exactly in july and then i will renew so i'll see what i get and let you know then...

Hope that helps,

rcm :D

Hi there,

If you have a non immigrant visa than you can transfer the older Licence into the Thai Licence at the Testing Ground and this isn't really easy to find . But it is near Toyota and Honda Nakhon Sawan (this is outside of Town on Phitsanulok road - if you go outside town it is on the right side) . I did that about 6 month ago and you'll be better off if you have somebody speaking Thai with you (unless, you speak good Thai), as no one will be able to speak in English there. As i never made my Motorbikle Licence i did it the same time and there i had the Exam there and by surprise they have this in English as well. It is somwhat funny to watch this exams as the average Thai seems to be fail on these exames more than two times ...that explaines now why the Thai's driving in Nakhon Sawan is in fact much worse than in most of the African Countries !

Regardless, your licence will cost you about 100 Baht and is valid for one year and than you will go there again for just renewing it (i have been told ...not done that yet), but that is fairly easy. Pay the Fee bring some Pics passport...and you'll have it the sam day. If i am not mistaken you will get the second licence for 3 years or so....well i can tell you exactly in july and then i will renew so i'll see what i get and let you know then...

Hope that helps,

Thank you RCM, I have a non-imm O visa but I don't have a Thai license to transfer only my UK license. Can I get a new Thai one there? I've heard you need a letter proving your address in Thailand. Can my wife and I take our house deeds?

Hi there,

Hope that helps,

Thank you RCM, I have a non-imm O visa but I don't have a Thai license to transfer only my UK license. Can I get a new Thai one there? I've heard you need a letter proving your address in Thailand. Can my wife and I take our house deeds?

Hi there,

I had the same scenario for the Motorbike licence that i never made before and i could do it.

What i ususally do if i have things like that to do is take all available Papers with Wedding Certificate ,Tien Ban, Passport, Id(yes, maybe even the House deeds will help) ....and since this is something that doesn't happen very often in Nakhon Sawan they will all be confused for a while but in the end you will get it. You will have a written Test that is fairly easy and the driving test . I had to do the driving test with the Motorbike on an Area right beside the Main Building .

good luck ,

You'll love it :D

Hi there,

Hope that helps,

Hi there,

I had the same scenario for the Motorbike licence that i never made before and i could do it.

What i ususally do if i have things like that to do is take all available Papers with Wedding Certificate ,Tien Ban, Passport, Id(yes, maybe even the House deeds will help) ....and since this is something that doesn't happen very often in Nakhon Sawan they will all be confused for a while but in the end you will get it. You will have a written Test that is fairly easy and the driving test . I had to do the driving test with the Motorbike on an Area right beside the Main Building .

good luck ,

OOPs sorry wrong answer, you will transfer your UK Licence to the Thai..this happens without any test(except your Visions Check) just bring all the Papers that you have on Hand they will sort out for what they want and what they don't . As mentioned before this doesn't happen very often there so they will al be confused but you should have it without to many headaches.

If you have a non immigrant visa than you can transfer the older Licence into the Thai Licence at the Testing Ground and this isn't really easy to find . But it is near Toyota and Honda Nakhon Sawan (this is outside of Town on Phitsanulok road - if you go outside town it is on the right side)
Well I never knew you could do your licence there :D , Your right if you dont know where it is then it's not easy to find its also where you change the regestration papers if you buy sell a car and do the anual check up.

Where in Nakorn are you? I usually do mine in Takli as its closer and our Auntie used to run it which made things a little easier :o I thought you had to have proof of address but it been a long time since I've done mine.

If any of you are ever around the Tak Far/Takli area feel free to pop in for a beer or ten :D

RC

If you have a non immigrant visa than you can transfer the older Licence into the Thai Licence at the Testing Ground and this isn't really easy to find . But it is near Toyota and Honda Nakhon Sawan (this is outside of Town on Phitsanulok road - if you go outside town it is on the right side)
Well I never knew you could do your licence there :D , Your right if you dont know where it is then it's not easy to find its also where you change the regestration papers if you buy sell a car and do the anual check up.

Where in Nakorn are you? I usually do mine in Takli as its closer and our Auntie used to run it which made things a little easier :o I thought you had to have proof of address but it been a long time since I've done mine.

If any of you are ever around the Tak Far/Takli area feel free to pop in for a beer or ten :D

RC

Hi RC,

I am about 5km from Town/ namely Nakhonsawantok ...if you ever in Nakhon Sawan "Town "let me know we can have the 10 Beers there...

Delightful place NS.

Fields of green, pregnant cows and friendly ghosts who tie the curtains in pretty bows. :D

Hmmm,

i usually see that too ...after 6 Changs and a bottle of Regency. :o:D

But yes Nakhon Sawan is a real nice place even without the Booze... :D

Delightful place NS.

Fields of green, pregnant cows and friendly ghosts who tie the curtains in pretty bows. :D

Hmmm,

I'm on my 7th Chang, it's nearly 6pm... I'm ready for them!

Delightful place NS.

Hmmm,

I'm on my 7th Chang, it's nearly 6pm... I'm ready for them!

Cheers :D ,

i am on Regency already :D ....i left a PM for you regarding your DL :D .

• 1 month later...

Stupid question. Are there any taxis in Nakhon Sawan? I am arriving by train and then need to go a further 45 minutes outa the city to the missus house. Any logical way to get there other than bus?

Stupid question. Are there any taxis in Nakhon Sawan? I am arriving by train and then need to go a further 45 minutes outa the city to the missus house. Any logical way to get there other than bus?

hi there,

Taxis no, Tuk tuk some , does your missus have any friends/Family with car? What is the exact place you're going too?

rcm :o