Norwegian Man Jumps 11 Floors To His Death

george

Norwegian man jumps 11 floors to his death

PATTAYA: -- A Norwegian national, identified as Johnny Larsen, 35, apparently jumped off the 11th floor of his rented apartment at the Keha Apartments on Thepprasit Road. The man’s pregnant girlfriend called police to report the tragedy at approximately 10:30 p.m. on February 8.

Police and Sawang Boriboon personnel arrived on the scene to find the naked body of a foreigner lying on the ground. It appeared that the man died instantly on impact. His body was shattered.

Police questioned Tippawan Petchpradup, 27, the man’s girlfriend. She told police that she had been with Larsen for approximately a year and that she was three months pregnant with his child. She said that Larsen would visit Thailand frequently and that they had rented the apartment as their love nest.

She said that Larsen, who also had a wife and 2 children in Norway, became stressed when his Norwegian wife gave him an ultimatum that she would leave him and take the children with her if he did not leave his Thai girlfriend.

Tippawan said that prior to the tragedy, she had tried to console Larsen, asking him to calm down and think things through, adding that he should go back to Norway to clear things with his wife. She also told him not to worry about her as she could take of the child as she had a stable job.

Larsen apparently told her that he couldn’t do that and walked over to the balcony. Sensing what was about to happen, Tippawan said she tried to get Larsen back inside, which worked until he made the successful attempt, falling to his death.

Police and Sawang Boriboon personnel took Larsen’s body to the police forensic institute for a post mortem examination after recording Petchpradup’s statement.

Tippawan’s older sister, Choophan Petchpradup later told reporters that Larsen was a good man and that her sister accepted the fact that he had a wife and children in Norway. Choophan Petchpradup described Larsen as a kind and responsible man who loved his family and that she never though he would do such a thing. She added that she felt deeply saddened by what had happened.

--Pattaya Mail

• Sad 1

PATTAYA: -- A Norwegian national, identified as Johnny Larsen, 35, apparently jumped off the 11th floor of his rented apartment at the Keha Apartments on Thepprasit Road. The man’s pregnant girlfriend called police to report the tragedy at approximately 10:30 p.m. on February 8.

Police and Sawang Boriboon personnel arrived on the scene to find the naked body of a foreigner lying on the ground. It appeared that the man died instantly on impact. His body was shattered.

Police questioned Tippawan Petchpradup, 27, the man’s girlfriend. She told police that she had been with Larsen for approximately a year and that she was three months pregnant with his child. She said that Larsen would visit Thailand frequently and that they had rented the apartment as their love nest.

She said that Larsen, who also had a wife and 2 children in Norway, became stressed when his Norwegian wife gave him an ultimatum that she would leave him and take the children with her if he did not leave his Thai girlfriend.

Tippawan said that prior to the tragedy, she had tried to console Larsen, asking him to calm down and think things through, adding that he should go back to Norway to clear things with his wife. She also told him not to worry about her as she could take of the child as she had a stable job.

Larsen apparently told her that he couldn’t do that and walked over to the balcony. Sensing what was about to happen, Tippawan said she tried to get Larsen back inside, which worked until he made the successful attempt, falling to his death.

Police and Sawang Boriboon personnel took Larsen’s body to the police forensic institute for a post mortem examination after recording Petchpradup’s statement.

Tippawan’s older sister, Choophan Petchpradup later told reporters that Larsen was a good man and that her sister accepted the fact that he had a wife and children in Norway. Choophan Petchpradup described Larsen as a kind and responsible man who loved his family and that she never though he would do such a thing. She added that she felt deeply saddened by what had happened.

--Pattaya Mail

<deleted> - 2 women & 3 kids & the guy bails out the window ? Absolutely unbeleivable...

Norwegian man jumps to his death from his 11th floor Jomtien Apartment.

Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police responded to a suicide call late on Tuesday Night. He joined a team of his officers at the Tepprasit Condominium Block on the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien to investigate the death of Mr. Johnny Larsen aged 35 from Norway. It appeared that he had jumped from his 11th floor apartment. The mans distraught girlfriend, Khun Tipawan aged 27 who was being comforted by friends, informed officers that Mr. Larsen had received a disturbing telephone call from his family back in Norway two days before the incident. The details of the call were not given but Mr. Larsen intended to fly back to Norway on 9th, just two days after the call from his family. Khun Tipawan is 3 months pregnant, and according to her, Mr. Larsen could not bear to leave her alone during the pregnancy. This combined with family problems back in Norway allegedly proved too much for him and on Tuesday night Mr. Larsen woke up and informed his girlfriend that he could not bear the thought of separating from her and ran out onto the balcony and jumped. His naked body was transported to Banglamung Hospital and will be transported back to Norway for burial. Police are continuing their investigation into this apparent suicide but at this point believe this was indeed a suicide.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_09_02_48.htm

Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police responded to a suicide call late on Tuesday Night. He joined a team of his officers at the Tepprasit Condominium Block on the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien to investigate the death of Mr. Johnny Larsen aged 35 from Norway. It appeared that he had jumped from his 11th floor apartment. The mans distraught girlfriend, Khun Tipawan aged 27 who was being comforted by friends, informed officers that Mr. Larsen had received a disturbing telephone call from his family back in Norway two days before the incident. The details of the call were not given but Mr. Larsen intended to fly back to Norway on 9th, just two days after the call from his family. Khun Tipawan is 3 months pregnant, and according to her, Mr. Larsen could not bear to leave her alone during the pregnancy. This combined with family problems back in Norway allegedly proved too much for him and on Tuesday night Mr. Larsen woke up and informed his girlfriend that he could not bear the thought of separating from her and ran out onto the balcony and jumped. His naked body was transported to Banglamung Hospital and will be transported back to Norway for burial. Police are continuing their investigation into this apparent suicide but at this point believe this was indeed a suicide.

errrr..... yeah - we got that news already....

Why are they always naked when jumping? :o

Good question. I am saddened by the sheer number of farangs that go flying off high rise buildings in Pattaya, naked or clothed. I am skeptical that all are suicides, but clearly some are. I am afraid Pattaya attracts a very dodgy crowd of farangs, Thais alike for that matter. Add alcohol, drug consumption, finacial pressures, relationship stress to a group of dim bulbs and I guess this is the result. Very sad reading, however. :D

errrr..... yeah - we got that news already....

Different news source ya <deleted> numnut.

I thought this might interest you guys, I received this email today from a man claiming to be the mans uncle from Norway. His English is poor but you will understand what he has to say........interesting.

For many years I have been keeping the track of this man (or as I would say "boy") and I am not satisfiyed by him beeing jugded as a "Suiedcied candidate" And I do not belive that he brought his life to and end by himselfe. I do not belive that this is this is the end off of the story, and I would like you too follow it up. I am his uncle, and I know a lot that you people have not heard abouth yet - even though I know he did not kill himselfe.

Please taalk too the police and tell me what you lern to know.

Johan Isaksen.

• Like 1

I am afraid Pattaya attracts a very dodgy crowd of farangs, Thais alike for that matter. Add alcohol, drug consumption, finacial pressures, relationship stress

Add to that the fact that these guys have fallen head over heel with a prostitute and take all the lying and bullshit, convinced they have found someone of their dreams.

Then it goes pear shaped :-(

This is just a possible alternative....

Instead of his teelak rationally agreeing to his return (as she says - which sounds a bit implausible)

Maybe she just went on and on and on at him. Nag nag nag nag nag.

and he just went

'WOOAAAHRHHSHGGGGGGH !!!! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP'.

Its just one second of madness, and he made a run for it out to the balcony.

Sometimes women can make you feel like this.

Is'nt it funny how the bitterness starts when TG's or pattaya are mentioned!

Too many guys with burnt fingers perhaps? :o

Dave, cos its happening outside europe they think something sinister is happening.

The fact that suicide in countries like England is the leading cause of death in men under 35 does not matter.

If it happens in Thailand it must be dodgy right?

• Like 1

.......No one will ever know the real truth, only the poor chap who is no longer with us.......None of us are perfect....we all have emotions, and at times these emotions can get confused....and as they say if you have never loved then you have never lived.....Most people who I know have gone through emotional times if they have spent any length of time in Pattaya....some people are stronger than others and can handle it better.....my feelings go out to this guy`s family and I think that we should not allow this thread to become disrespectful..

--Pattaya Mail

why did it take 10 days for this news to get here????? :o

Is'nt it funny how the bitterness starts when TG's or pattaya are mentioned!

Too many guys with burnt fingers perhaps? :o

Dave, cos its happening outside europe they think something sinister is happening.

The fact that suicide in countries like England is the leading cause of death in men under 35 does not matter.

If it happens in Thailand it must be dodgy right?

Or it means that they've been dumped by a TG from pattaya and are still very bitter about it. :D:D

This is just a possible alternative....

Instead of his teelak rationally agreeing to his return (as she says - which sounds a bit implausible)

Maybe she just went on and on and on at him. Nag nag nag nag nag.

and he just went

'WOOAAAHRHHSHGGGGGGH !!!! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP'.

Its just one second of madness, and he made a run for it out to the balcony.

Sometimes women can make you feel like this.

Yep! once the 'hairy lassoo' has you in it's grip it's all over. If one could only harness the power of this piece of equipment you would make squillions :o

I thought this might interest you guys, I received this email today from a man claiming to be the mans uncle from Norway. His English is poor but you will understand what he has to say........interesting.

For many years I have been keeping the track of this man (or as I would say "boy") and I am not satisfiyed by him beeing jugded as a "Suiedcied candidate"  And I do not belive that he brought his life to and end by himselfe. I do not belive that this is this is the end off of the story, and I would like you too follow it up. I am his uncle, and I know a lot that you people have not heard abouth yet - even though I know he did not kill himselfe.

Please taalk too the police and tell me what you lern to know.

Johan Isaksen.

So Howard, what are going to do? Have any investigative journalists following up on the autopsy results? That could indicate drugs in the body/alcohol in large quantity all of which could add weight to either a suicide or suspicious death. Might make for an interesting follow up which would be a first for any of the Pattaya "news" shows.

I am afraid Pattaya attracts a very dodgy crowd of farangs, Thais alike for that matter. Add alcohol, drug consumption, finacial pressures, relationship stress

Add to that the fact that these guys have fallen head over heel with a prostitute and take all the lying and bullshit, convinced they have found someone of their dreams.

If you read the original news clipping, you will see that this girl said that she told the guy to go back home to sort out his life - she would be able to raise the child by herself as she had a steady job.

This does not sound like a bargirl / go-go girl, but a normal girl, meeting a guy, setting up house with him, so on, so on - it happens all over the world.

Don't judge all girls by the company you keep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you read the original news clipping, you will see that this girl said that she told the guy to go back home to sort out his life - she would be able to raise the child by herself as she had a steady job.

This does not sound like a bargirl / go-go girl, but a normal girl, meeting a guy, setting up house with him, so on, so on - it happens all over the world.

Don't judge all girls by the company you keep.

....agree...it`s amazing how a bunch of people can convict a person from a piece of local news.....How narrow minded is that?

• 13 years later...

Sorry for raising this thread from the dead here, but I'm kind of in a daze as I'm reading this. I'm the oldest son of Johnny Larsen, one of the children left behind in Norway as described in the article referenced. I had known about how my father died from news articles I had read in the past, but none of those mentioned that my dad's girlfriend apparently was pregnant. So me and my brother has a sibling in Thailand? That's kind of a mindblowing revelation.

I'm not really sure how this forum works, and if any of you will get any notifications regarding my reply here (especially seeing as the thread is 13+ years old), but I'd love if any of you could point out any way for me to potentially contact this sibling of ours, or perhaps more preferably, the mother. Would be a bit rude to not say hello, would it not?

Thanks.

47 minutes ago, huuvEyvd said:

I'm the oldest son of Johnny Larsen

Welcome to the forum.  

I suggest you start by looking at the Thai names  . 

His pregnant girlfriend name Tippawan Petchpradup, age 27  . So she must be around 40 years now.   Also mentioned in the news story, Tippawan’s older sister, Choophan Petchpradup .  

I would try to search on social media , and most Thais are on Facebook.  Good luck. 

18 minutes ago, balo said:

Welcome to the forum.  

I suggest you start by looking at the Thai names  . 

His pregnant girlfriend name Tippawan Petchpradup, age 27  . So she must be around 40 years now.   Also mentioned in the news story, Tippawan’s older sister, Choophan Petchpradup .  

I would try to search on social media , and most Thais are on Facebook.  Good luck. 

Thanks for the quick response! I tried looking the both of them up, but to no avail. Could it be possible that their facebook pages aren't in romanized characters? I do not know much about the Thai script, so I have no idea how I would go about writing their names that way.

And also, do Thai people change surnames upon marriage like in the west? I'd assume that's the case, and if so, I think it's fairly likely that a 27 year old woman would have gotten married during the 13 years since, and probably changed names. 

If that isn't the case, I could try to look my potential sibling up directly, but as you might expect, as a nearly 20 year old guy, I don't feel entirely comfortable messaging all potential 13 year old children that vaguely fits the description I'm looking for...

11 minutes ago, huuvEyvd said:

Thai people change surnames upon marriage like in the west?

Its possible , but some also like to keep the family name.  

BTW , I just found out that the surname might been spelled wrong in the story .  A more common Thai name is :  Petchpradub   so b in the end instead of p  . 

There are a lot more Google hits with that surname.  Anyway it will be difficult , but if she used to live in Pattaya / Chonburi area and still is , it could get easier for you.