I Couldn't Say This In Thai

Abandon

My Thai is pretty ok, but sometimes I just can't get an idea out.

conversation went like this (all in Thai)

Me: I'm going to New Zealand this year

Thai: is that near England?

Me: (what I wanted to say) No, its on the exact opposite side of the world to England.

How would I say that - I tried to use Trong gan kaam - but that means more like 'next to' than what I wanted to say.

My Thai is pretty ok, but sometimes I just can't get an idea out.

conversation went like this (all in Thai)

Me: I'm going to New Zealand this year

Thai: is that near England?

Me: (what I wanted to say) No, its on the exact opposite side of the world to England.

How would I say that - I tried to use Trong gan kaam - but that means more like 'next to' than what I wanted to say.

Trying to be faithful to your English version, I would use "yuu fang trong khaam khawng look" (which admittedly lacks the "exact" in your English version, but should be ok as far as I know.)

In everyday conversation I would be much more likely to say "yuu khon la mum khawng look (loei)" - they are in two totally different corners of the world.

Trying to be faithful to your English version, I would use "yuu fang trong khaam khawng look" (which admittedly lacks the "exact" in your English version, but should be ok as far as I know.)

In everyday conversation I would be much more likely to say "yuu khon la mum khawng look (loei)" - they are in two totally different corners of the world.

These sound good. In the past I have said, "lip look", meaning far apart in the world.

No, its on the exact opposite side of the world to England.
This is another version for saying this sentence.

ไม่ใช่ มันอยู่คนละฟากโลกกับอังกฤษเลย or ไม่ใช่ มันอยู่คนละฟากโลกตรงข้ามกับอังกฤษเลย

mâi châi man yòo kon lá fâak lohk gàp ang-grìt loie or mâi châi man yòo kon lá fâak lohk dtrong kâam gàp ang-grìt loie

can somebody explain the differences between the various words for "SIDE (OF)"

fang , fahk and dahn

fang means the banks of a river,seashore.

fahk means banks,side (e.g.of a road).

dahn means side(e.g. of a border,of a triangle)

As these definitions they're not seem different,so sometimes you can use all of them in the same sentence.Except something which is more specific then you need a proper word for it.

E.g. เธอจะอยู่ ฟาก ฝั่ง ด้าน เดียวกับฉัน หรือว่ากับเขา

ter jà yòo fâhk fàng dâhn dieow gàp chăn rĕu wâa gàp kăo

Will you be my side of his?

fang and fahk sound is on the exact opposite more than dahn in the previous example.