Hi Guys'n'Gals 

I've been thinking about this seed swapping idea and come up with the following idea:

posting messages with what you are offering are then uneditable and could end up with you being inundated with requests you cannot fulfill (I could edit them for people but it could be too much work).Therefore I propose a "seed train" : a "station master" loads up the train with seed excess to his requirements along with a brief description of the the variety and its provenance (open pollinated seed only, the idea being to grow it out, find strains adapted to local conditions and help with genetic diversification) includes a list of destinations and passengers and posts it on to the first "station". The first "passenger" unloads the "freight cart" takes a little of what he fancies restocks it with some of his own collection and gives it the green light to the next "passengers" destination (posting on the forum that the cargo has arrived safely and then again to indicate the train has begun its forward journey. After 8-10 stops the train returns to the sideings at its original point of departure. 

I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling but the Chiang Rai "Night Train" will be delayed until early October due to the wrong sort of leaves on the line (those from the UK or any tourists unfortunate enough to experience BR and its platform announcers will get my drift !!) and looking for a driver to replace James "get on up" Brown.

PM me for tickets (including your address both in Thai and English) or feel free to "stoke your own engine" give it a name and shout "all aboard"

cheers for now

J (AKA The Fat Controller)

• Like 1

JT, <deleted> have you been smoking ?!

I think I follow your idea, but not sure if it'll work.

1, No one has asked me for seed.

Maybe theyre not interested. or maybe I havnt got the seed people are looking for.

2, You might well end up with a packet of unwanted seeds constantly recirculating.

3, I'm more into Miles Davis than JB.

JT, <deleted> have you been smoking ?!

I think I follow your idea, but not sure if it'll work.

1, No one has asked me for seed.

Maybe theyre not interested. or maybe I havnt got the seed people are looking for.

2, You might well end up with a packet of unwanted seeds constantly recirculating.

3, I'm more into Miles Davis than JB.

I second that, I think demand is mostly imaginary !

There are about three people that do the posting and the growing !

Hello jantaa, to quote you "open pollinated seed only, the idea being to grow it out, find strains adapted to local conditions".

Does this mean that the Red Lady HYB. papaya seed you ordered from the USA will be left at the station?

rice555

Hello jantaa, to quote you "open pollinated seed only, the idea being to grow it out, find strains adapted to local conditions".

Does this mean that the Red Lady HYB. papaya seed you ordered from the USA will be left at the station?

rice555

Duh!! Fairly obviously

J