Advice On Ko Samet

rmicheald

Would like to visit Ko Samet this Saturday and Sunday. Never been there and wondering if anyone could recommend some inexpensive, CLEAN, accomodations. Since we will only be there to sleep, don't want to spend my money on a room but on activities. Any information would be appreciated, both on accomodations and activities.

Thanks

Would like to visit Ko Samet this Saturday and Sunday. Never been there and wondering if anyone could recommend some inexpensive, CLEAN, accomodations. Since we will only be there to sleep, don't want to spend my money on a room but on activities. Any information would be appreciated, both on accomodations and activities.

Thanks

Forget about any tents at the park, we're assuming you'd like to take a shower at some point.

Jep's bungalows on White Sands is reasonable, ~600b this time of year, but they fill up fast on weekends as it's popular with locals.

http://www.jepbungalow.com/5/

Edited by cobra

Thanks

Without any shadow of a doubt, Koh-Samed is by far our most favorite 'retreat'. With it's prestine beaches and superb crystal clear water . . . . wauw, what a true little slice of heaven.

We have been in Thailand (near Pattaya) 18 years and have been going to Koh Samed all that time too.

There's only one (1) place for us, named Sai Keow Villa. This is a reasonably large resort, consisting of accommodtion blocks of 2 down-stairs and 2 upstairs rooms. Our priorities are just like wha you indiated: we're there for the beach, not to dwell in the room, other than a good night's sleep. The place is immaculately clean (includes the rooms) and each room has a bathroom.No hot water (in the standard rooms), but no wories, because the water isn't all that cold anyway. There's a fan in each room, which is more than sufficient.

The cost is 700.-per night, and this includes a couple of Breakfast tickets too.

You can have a look-see at http://www.saikaew.com/

Now; here are a few pointers you'ld do well to remember:

1. When you arrive at the jetty, simply walk down the only street (even the Irish have never been know to get lost !) and follow your nose all the way (very short walk) to the "Park Entrance". There you have to pay Falang Bt. 400.- Thai Bt. 200.- IF you have a work-permit and/or a Thai Driver's Licence, bring it along, since you hen pay the Thai rate. Once through this point, look straight ahead (towards the sea) and you will noticea big sign "Sai-Keow-Villa" at the right towards the end of the road; don't worry; you can not miss it.

2. All day long, on the fabulous beach, there's nothing to wory about; however, at suns-set, there wil be sand-flies. You'll never see them, but trust me, they're there. SO: bring spray (like OFF or similar) and DO spray your body ! !.

3. If yo are like us, you will probably go to your room, around 5~6 PM for a shower. When ou leave yor room, togo for dinner, make sure you spray the room with Mosquito spray. This way, when you come in for the night, after dinner etc., you will have a totally mosquito-free room, without he stink.

4. There is no fridge in your room; hat's why we always bring a small Chily-Bin and put some ice-cubes in it (buy from the neary shops), which then gives us cold water, apples etc. whenever we need them.

No; what makes this place on Koh Samed so nique, is that there's a beach about 800 meter in length. Ypou will see people from all over the world strolling before or after dinner. There is a enormous choice of little eating places, bars etc. along the beach and if you're into super seafood, turn right, after you step on the sand in fromt of Sai Keow Villa and try the first large seafood place, right next to the place that also sports a 'Disco'. This disco is like a disco from the 70's - aboluely brilliant.

You will alo find, to your astonishment, that the prices charged in all these places are even cheper than in Pattaya's primitive restaurants. E.g., a reasonable bottle of wine is cheaper here than on the mainland (we could never figure this one out either !).

In any event; if you heed my little pieces of advice, you will have an unforgettable wekend,I guarantee it !

If you need any further advice, cal m anytime (081 847 35 76) I'l be more than happy to help.

Best Regards,

JGK/Pattaya

The Camping I mentioned earlier was only an option as the Poster said he did'nt want to spend money on a room but on activities.

There are showers there for the campers and the Tents were erected ready. I saw a very lot of them scattered around even on the beach itself.

Thanks

Without any shadow of a doubt, Koh-Samed is by far our most favorite 'retreat'. With it's prestine beaches and superb crystal clear water . . . . wauw, what a true little slice of heaven.

We have been in Thailand (near Pattaya) 18 years and have been going to Koh Samed all that time too.

There's only one (1) place for us, named Sai Keow Villa. This is a reasonably large resort, consisting of accommodtion blocks of 2 down-stairs and 2 upstairs rooms. Our priorities are just like wha you indiated: we're there for the beach, not to dwell in the room, other than a good night's sleep. The place is immaculately clean (includes the rooms) and each room has a bathroom.No hot water (in the standard rooms), but no wories, because the water isn't all that cold anyway. There's a fan in each room, which is more than sufficient.

The cost is 700.-per night, and this includes a couple of Breakfast tickets too.

You can have a look-see at http://www.saikaew.com/

Now; here are a few pointers you'ld do well to remember:

1. When you arrive at the jetty, simply walk down the only street (even the Irish have never been know to get lost !) and follow your nose all the way (very short walk) to the "Park Entrance". There you have to pay Falang Bt. 400.- Thai Bt. 200.- IF you have a work-permit and/or a Thai Driver's Licence, bring it along, since you hen pay the Thai rate. Once through this point, look straight ahead (towards the sea) and you will noticea big sign "Sai-Keow-Villa" at the right towards the end of the road; don't worry; you can not miss it.

2. All day long, on the fabulous beach, there's nothing to wory about; however, at suns-set, there wil be sand-flies. You'll never see them, but trust me, they're there. SO: bring spray (like OFF or similar) and DO spray your body ! !.

3. If yo are like us, you will probably go to your room, around 5~6 PM for a shower. When ou leave yor room, togo for dinner, make sure you spray the room with Mosquito spray. This way, when you come in for the night, after dinner etc., you will have a totally mosquito-free room, without he stink.

4. There is no fridge in your room; hat's why we always bring a small Chily-Bin and put some ice-cubes in it (buy from the neary shops), which then gives us cold water, apples etc. whenever we need them.

No; what makes this place on Koh Samed so nique, is that there's a beach about 800 meter in length. Ypou will see people from all over the world strolling before or after dinner. There is a enormous choice of little eating places, bars etc. along the beach and if you're into super seafood, turn right, after you step on the sand in fromt of Sai Keow Villa and try the first large seafood place, right next to the place that also sports a 'Disco'. This disco is like a disco from the 70's - aboluely brilliant.

You will alo find, to your astonishment, that the prices charged in all these places are even cheper than in Pattaya's primitive restaurants. E.g., a reasonable bottle of wine is cheaper here than on the mainland (we could never figure this one out either !).

In any event; if you heed my little pieces of advice, you will have an unforgettable wekend,I guarantee it !

If you need any further advice, cal m anytime (081 847 35 76) I'l be more than happy to help.

Best Regards,

JGK/Pattaya

Thanks, everyone, for all the advice. I hope to have a great weekend and the first of many as I too am a permanent resident of LOS.

Micheal

Paddy's Palms Pub - Irish pub across the street from the beach. Clean rooms with hot water, breakfast included at the Irish Pub. Reasonable rate, but not on the beach. Worked well for us when we were there.

Paddy's Palms Pub - Irish pub across the street from the beach. Clean rooms with hot water, breakfast included at the Irish Pub. Reasonable rate, but not on the beach. Worked well for us when we were there.

Isn't that Koh Chang??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...