Any Expats In Suratthani

ivowatson

Every month or so, I spend one or two nights in town.

Never found a cool place to hang out.

I don't like the 'disco style with live band' nor the pubs where the music is so loud you cannot have a conversation.

Just a nice bar with cold drinks and good music. Is there such a place?

• 2 months later...

I don't like the 'disco style with live band' nor the pubs where the music is so loud you cannot have a conversation.

Ivo,

Hope that's your name?

My name is Les, & I'm a Brit expat of many years & have a place in Surat Thani, near Khun Thale swamp. I've only just moved there from Bangkok & spend about a week every couple of months on R&R. I'm also trying out bars & there are one or two with potential. Let's meet for a beer & try out these places together. If you want a session with us lads only or with wives & GFs; just lets me know. I do know a fabulous sea food restaurant & have a short list of bars some not yet tried out. Send me an e-mail; Please PM poster for Email.

Cheers

Les

Try GM Club, used to be nice and relaxed place and kind of expat hang out. If i remember correctly it's close to Southern Star hotel. It's been a while but if i remember correctly if you come from S Star, turn left to the street and take next one right and after one or two hundred meters it's in your left side...

• 1 month later...

yeh there are quite a few places where you dont have to listen to really bad thai music or even dare I say not be stared at as the only farang there. In Surat there are about 100 expats working in the various schools and universities. Bars - GM Bar (Karunrat Road) , Cooling out Bar, Loveshack (by the night boat peir, just where the boats go from), Casa (amphur road), Tid Lom (what used to be the steak house opposite Popeyes Restaurant)

hope this helps Jenny x

• 1 year later...

Ivo,

Hope that's your name?

My name is Les, & I'm a Brit expat of many years & have a place in Surat Thani, near Khun Thale swamp. I've only just moved there from Bangkok & spend about a week every couple of months on R&R. I'm also trying out bars & there are one or two with potential. Let's meet for a beer & try out these places together. If you want a session with us lads only or with wives & GFs; just lets me know. I do know a fabulous sea food restaurant & have a short list of bars some not yet tried out. Send me an e-mail; Please PM poster for Email.

Cheers

Les

Hi Les, I know this is an old post of yours, but are you still hanging around Suratthani. I expect to be moving there shortly, have bought a townhouse but unable to find ex-pat hangout.