Nationwide Withdrawls

I have 2 Nationwide debit cards and used both yesterday to withdraw 16500THB from each account. No problems.

I normally go into the branch and withdraw larger amounts to cover several months expenditure. Two weeks ago withdrew 600kbaht using my Nationwide Debit Card, no charges at either end

Do you just go to an ordinary banking counter or do you have to make arrangements firts?

I make no special arrangements, although I have an account at the branch. Withdrew 75k yesterday with no problems, only showed my passport. Checked my Nationwide account today - no charges

• 2 weeks later...

when i called nationwide they told they could put some special setting on the account that would stop it getting blocked. seems to have worked so far.

regarding moneybookers, when I used them about 6 months ago they said that for Thai baht, my GBP had to be exchanged to Euros first, then to Thai baht. The resulting overall rate wasn't good.

• 2 weeks later...
I've posted on this before but here we go again. Why oh why do you not make a VISA withdrawal at an exchange booth?. (OK may be it's after hours but surely you don't need that much immediately at 10 at night?). That way the limit is much higher (I don't know what it is with Nationwide but I pulled 100,000 baht from them using this method a few weeks ago, but I do know that from my US Bank it is $7000). You'll need your passport but that's the only disadvantage. And before someone jumps on the "cash advance credit charge" wagon I am of course referring to VISA/MC linked debit cards, not credit cards. The money comes straight out of your account. Easily the best way to go if you need a substantial amount of cash

I used to do this on a regular basis, but about 1 year ago i was told that Abbey had stopped doing it so i could not withdraw from any exchange booths on my Visa debit card anymore, obviously Nationwide are still letting you withdraw using this method?