Freaky Falang Friday

Khutan

I was in Lotus on Friday, my goodness, I have not seen so many falangs, it was more like a Sydney suburb and rural Thailand.

Big ones small ones, pretty ones and ugly ones. :o

Like an invasion of Lotus from Khao San Rd.

I was in Lotus on Friday, my goodness, I have not seen so many falangs, it was more like a Sydney suburb and rural Thailand.

Big ones small ones, pretty ones and ugly ones.  :o

Sounds horrible! Hope they were tourists just passing thru!

Heard there's a community of farangs somewhere in Suphanburi towards the northeast. Probably got a McDonalds there too...Uhgggg :D

I recall two Farang invasions in Chanthaburi which at the time had maybe 6 expats (as far as we knew) there in total so seeing another white face was always nice.

First time I was in my local restaurant waitng for a couple of the very few expats there for food before our usual friday night razzle when a load of cars began pulling up outside. Three Thai girls came in at the vanguard of the party and the staff began to shove a load of tables together which is no unsusal occurence. Then in came old Farang after old Farang and they all sat around this table not even giving me a second look. There were about 12 of them and about 7 Thai lasses and from what I could gather they were Brits and certainly looked like expats.

My two mates turned up and we were trying to work out what was going on and from where they had came etc. when they all upped and left without so much as a nod! We all felt a little put out that some rare Farang visitors to Chanthaburi couldn't even muster the courtesy to say hello to their local couterparts. We could have showed them a good night out if they had cared to chat and linger in town for a night!! Oh well!! Their loss!! It turned out that they had been on a visa run from Pattaya but still no excuse for being so ignorant.

The second time was also a Friday. I was having a party so I had to go to TOPS to get some last minute bits and pieces. Usually I would meet up with ane or other of the expats there but even that was rare. On this particular afternoon I walked up the first aisle to see an elderly Farang there with his BG. We exchanged pleasantries and it turned out that she was from Chanthaburi and was taking the Farang to a mates wedding. I moved along as I was in a rush. Then in the next aisle was another Farang with his missus. Again I stopped for a chat and it transpired that he had just moved there so I invited him to the party and he gladly accepted. As I got to the checkout there in the queue were 2 more farangs! Again we exchanged pleasantries and it turned out that they had just decided to stop off and see a little of small town Thailand. I biffed off leaving them both invitations and directions to my do. As I was leaving I thn saw 2 more old timers coming in with their girls in tow!!! I left feeling very rummy indeed as the only Farangs I'd seen in town at that point (barring the few expats) were those passing to/from Ko Chang or Cambodia and then in the space of 15 minutes I'd seen 6.

Yep...there seem to be more and more of 'em, Fart. So far, so good as far as I'm concerned. Unless I'm down at Tescos in the southern part of Suphan I have very rarely seen any. Even during a big festival they had three weeks ago over at Don Chedi, I never saw one.

Besides, if one wanted to hang w/Farang they should move to Pattaya, right? :o

in the space of 15 minutes I'd seen 6.

Come to Kan then if you wish to see hundreds or so of them, each and every week-end. :D

There is no stopping them. :D

Nice folks BTW. :D

But no one says “Hello” strange really, only if you put yourself out of your way to say “Hello” to them. Perrr – happs they wish to left alone to their own devises, likewise as myself. :o

Kan is still a quite place. Hope it stays like that. :D

Yours as always :D

Win in Kan :D (oopps I mean) Kan Win :D

:D Shame they do not have this on the menu in Kan :D

they wish to left alone to their own devises, likewise as myself.  :o

Its funny like that. I was in Tesco the other day and there were a cuple of Falang guys there. One looking respectable with a Thai wife, and we exchanged a smile. May have even been a member. But I was more interested in getting home to cook something.

Just the way it is.

• 1 month later...
I would be interested to hear more about Suphanburi area from anyone who lives there. You can pm me if u want to keep it out of the general public eye which I would understand !

Ned;

Would you like anything in particular or a general travel-guide.

In my opinion Suphan is a nice place for a few days, but unless you are married and are working, you run out of things to do very quickly.

Anyway, tell me if you want to know more

Matt

I would be interested to hear more about Suphanburi area from anyone who lives there. You can pm me if u want to keep it out of the general public eye which I would understand !

Ned;

In my opinion Suphan is a nice place for a few days, but unless you are married and are working, you run out of things to do very quickly.

Matt

Geeze Matt, you could a told Ned about how me and Tutsi are going to "take over" the Food Hall at Tescos whenever we get back!

I'm sure that'll be the high point of entertainment and the talk of Suphan for decades to come! :o

Ned;

Matt

Geeze Matt, you could a told Ned about how me and Tutsi are going to "take over" the Food Hall at Tescos whenever we get back!

I'm sure that'll be the high point of entertainment and the talk of Suphan for decades to come! :o

from the Thai language Suphanburi HERALD-TRIBUNE in the not too distant future:

Mayhem and Riot most uncouth at tesco-lotus food hall

In a scene of utter devastation from what was was described as 'impolite behavior' police are searching for two farangs responsible for blah, blah...

I just wish the locals would learn to park their pick-ups between the lines in the carpark.

It is so frustrating to be driving around in the carpark, only to find the only spots are taken up by cars parked at strange angles

I just wish the locals would learn to park their pick-ups between the lines in the carpark.

It is so frustrating to be driving around in the carpark, only to find the only spots are taken up by cars parked at strange angles

expats with bats at the tesco-lotus food hall meet up should sort that one out quick...

Dont be so harsh in your judgement, lads. In the course 'Cross-cultural understanding 101', these pickup drivers just learned that in the eyes of the rest of the world, Thais have a problem "thinking out of the box"...

and now that they attempt to move out of the box for a change - you want them back in?? :o:D

A bit ironic geting upset because there are falangs in Tesco! try shoping in the market.

A bit ironic geting upset because there are falangs in Tesco! try shoping in the market.

Thanks, but I'll try to stay away.

I want farangs to shop with, I'll hang out at a Wal Mart! :D

...tutsi, Matt & Meadish excepted! :D