Do Thais Say "init"

lovethailandlongtime

init means "isn't it" , and crops up a lot in english speech at the end of statements , as a way of eliciting agreement to the statement.

the thais have something similar when they say "chai mai" at the end of statements , and sometimes many more times during a sentence.

just as the english "isn't it" is shortened to "init" , the thai "chai mai" is shortened to

"shama"

Edited by taxexile

Im sure when my gf has finished a sentence she sometimes says "init" ..As most brits will know this is  common place back home in blighty.Was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon??

surely i am mistaken??

Common place among the disgusting and brutalised proletariat, not elsewhere except in inverted commas.

Im sure when my gf has finished a sentence she sometimes says "init" ..As most brits will know this is  common place back home in blighty.Was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon??

surely i am mistaken??

I hear a lot saying Luvely-jubbly, It only means she has been haning around with too many farang tourists who think it is funny to teach thais dumb phrases. It would be pronounced "inid" :o

hmmm, yea in Oz in some places, people will end their sentences with "but".

"Can u come with me?"

"I'm going to the movies but..."

".....but WHAT?"

also "ya know?" at the end of sentences can get annoying.

I reckon saying "na krap" over & over can get quite annoying, especially on news broadcasts and the like.

sometimes I hear Thais saying Lae Na at the end of a sentence couldn't this be taken as a similar meaning as init?

Another even more annoying English phrase popular with gippos and cockney wide boys is ahh is it.i.e. "I went to the pub last night with Sharon" "ahh is it" meaning oh really or did you. Really f***s me off that one, glad most of those people are now several thousand miles away from me

sometimes I hear Thais saying Lae Na at the end of a sentence couldn't this be taken as a similar meaning as init?

Another even more annoying English phrase popular with gippos and cockney wide boys is ahh is it.i.e. "I went to the pub last night with Sharon" "ahh is it" meaning oh really or did you. Really f***s me off that one, glad most of those people are now several thousand miles away from me

Mate, Koh Samui isn't that far away, ya know, but... init, eh? :-)