BANGKOK 19 February 2019 08:35
Sign in to follow this  
mapex

Crossing Border Thai Cambodia With Hired Car Thai

Hello people... i'm planning to go to cambodia this year.. agoust ... rainy time i know..

some days in bangkok and i'll hire a car in a agency near suwanabhumi same i have done in 2007

My plan is to cross border to cambodia from Poi Pet with thai hired car...

i think it's possible but i wanna know if anyone of you have done it before...

i know it's not the easier way to get cambodia because of dirty roads expecially in agoust..

there are any problem with cops in that border? can i get Visa ova there?

i think it's the only one border trasitable with car because Trat (cham yeam) border doesnt have roads i readed.. only boat do it

Once i'll get cambodia i'll take road to siam reap.. then to the capital... then.. i'll take same roads to come back to thai

someone have info about this border? easy? hard? car is a good idea?

thankz in advance

excuse my poor english :)

Hello people... i'm planning to go to cambodia this year.. agoust ... rainy time i know..

some days in bangkok and i'll hire a car in a agency near suwanabhumi same i have done in 2007

i know it's not the easier way to get cambodia because of dirty roads expecially in agoust..

i think it's the only one border trasitable with car because Trat (cham yeam) border doesnt have roads i readed.. only boat do it

Once i'll get cambodia i'll take road to siam reap.. then to the capital... then.. i'll take same roads to come back to thai

thankz in advance

NOT a good idea. :D

I think you would be unwise to say the least to even try it. From what I know only the registered owner who has the proper documents from the local registration office can do this. Mention this to the hire company and watch their reaction, they might faint or twear up your contract. I may be completely wrong, but I wanted to drive my jeep over and was discouraged by all the paper work. Plus no insurance, risk of theft etc etc. walk/fly and rent a car there would be my advice :D

walk/fly and rent a car there would be my advice

could be an idea.. even if i prefer on the road 100% travel :)

where i could rent a car in cambodia?

i need car near border.. not in phon phen.. dam_n io dont wanna take taxi or shared taxi or bus :D

walk/fly and rent a car there would be my advice

could be an idea.. even if i prefer on the road 100% travel :)

where i could rent a car in cambodia?

i need car near border.. not in phon phen.. dam_n io dont wanna take taxi or shared taxi or bus :D

Cambodia is not like Thailand. The roads are pretty ugly, rough would be too polite, you'd need a big 4X4 just to make it, rough rutted muddy roads, bandits and other delights to make it a memorable journey. Sorry my friend, looks like the bus for you. :D

I don't know what the roads are like now but we went Poipet to Siemriep by taxi 2 years ago and had to abandon the cab half way because a truck had brought one of the 'bridges' down. Another cab came to pick us up after we lugged our packs across temporary duckboards to the other side. Needless to say we had to pay both taxis. I later found out that the bridge had been down for two days, of course the taxi touts didn't tell anyone. :)

Edited by krading

You will not be able to take the car across the border.

Only a vehicle registered in your own name is allowed.

First let me say something to the Potatocouch people that dreams about impassable roads,bandits,a.s. f.

The road from HatLek to Sihanoukville is new,from S. to PnomPenh is not bad.

If the cambodians can drive the trip with a old saloon hold together with rust,a good pick-up is up to the job!

This said you need to have the documents for the car export,and it must be your car,not a rental.

The same as if you drive a Thai car in Malaysia or Lao,it's not rocketscience.

If you rent a car in Cambodia,take the driver too,not very expensive,and you may save yourself big problems.

Have a good trip! :D

thankz in advance