Live Rugby League

Recently you have been able to watch live friday night league at the bus stop bar in Sukimvit 4 near Nana Hotel in Bangkok.

It comes via Papua New Guinea cable link.

It no longer does this, is there any other bars near by that have this on Friday night.

Thanks .

Soi 8 Bar shows NRL. In fact tonight, they are showing Panthers vs Rabbitohs starting at 8:30pm.

Does anyone know anywhere that might be able to get the Challenge Cup games?

I was surprised that nowhere showed the World Cup, as far as I could tell; not the group games, anyway...

SC

Recently you have been able to watch live friday night league at the bus stop bar in Sukimvit 4 near Nana Hotel in Bangkok.

It comes via Papua New Guinea cable link.

It no longer does this, is there any other bars near by that have this on Friday night.

Thanks .

In Soi 33 - The Office Bar and Mojos have the games

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did any pub show the Challenge Cup semi-finals last weekend?

Anywhere planning to show the Challenge Cup final on 29th August?

THanks

SC

BUMP:

I don't suppose any publicans want to answer this?

Its getting a bit close to the wire (so to speak)

SC

Re-bump. Please, Warrington in the final for the first time in years - would be gutted to miss it. Any ideas? Bus Stop? Soi 8?

Sorry - I've heard nothing...

You could try to get it on the internet... but its not the same,,,

BBC has live radio coverage which I think you can get over the internet

SC

The game wil probably be on Sky SPorts somewhere. I suppose you could try the Corner Bar at the far end of Soi COwboy, if you go there from the same direction as me; the end furthest from the BTS / BMCL stations.

I don't know where else shows those channels; probably more the soccer pubs than the rugby pubs

SC

• 4 months later...
The Office Bar Sukhumvit Soi 33 is showing the challenge cup final LIVE @ 8.20pm.

Hi Bob!

Will you be showing the Superleague this season?

I assume you will be showing all the Six Nations games as well, but we are spoilt for choice in that department...

Thanks v much

SC

• 7 months later...
Re-bump. Please, Warrington in the final for the first time in years - would be gutted to miss it. Any ideas? Bus Stop? Soi 8?

SC

Will the Office Bar be showing the Challenge Cup Final again this year?

Last year, I panicked and booked an overseas posting to watch it, days before BkkBob said that it was on...

Should be a tremendous match, with Warrington in their first final since last year, against last year's Superleague champions, Leeds.

The honours were split in their two meetings in the league this season...

Anywhere else showing this? It s being shown in the UK on BBC, I think, and it will be on the BBC internet, but only available to UK IP addresses.

If not, I'll have to stay home and tune the shortwave internet receiver to Radio Merseyside again, just like the Semi-Final...

SC

SC

Last year, I panicked and booked an overseas posting to watch it, days before BkkBob said that it was on...

Should be a tremendous match, with Warrington in their first final since last year, against last year's Superleague champions, Leeds.

Anywhere else showing this? It s being shown in the UK on BBC, I think, and it will be on the BBC internet, but only available to UK IP addresses.

If not, I'll have to stay home and tune the shortwave internet receiver to Radio Merseyside again, just like the Semi-Final...

SC

We should be able to show the game.

Won't know until later this week.

If we can't get it nobody can.

Cheers,

Bob

SC

SC

We should be able to show the game.

Won't know until later this week.

If we can't get it nobody can.

Cheers,

Bob

Let's hope it doesn't clash with anything...

Last October, I went to my local (this was overseas, by the way, not in BKK) to watch the Final of the European Rugby League Cup (Wales - Scotland http://www.rlef.eu.com/video.php?id=27 ) and all the screens were tuned in to some bloody english club soccer game.

Luckily common sense prevailed, and I went to somewhere with more screens.

Still had to watch it on a diddy wee screen above the bar and could hardly hear the commentary...

SC

• 2 weeks later...

14-0 at half-time to Warrington, in front of 85,200, I'm having to listen on the internet - its not the same...Let's hope it goes to the wire...

More to come - I'll leave this open...

Tremendous defence - "the second time in five minutes that Delaney has been tackled over the line without being able to get the ball down..."

"They lead here with 52 minutes gone by 14 points to nil"

"Hicks has scored in the corner and I think that's final for Warrington - 18-nil... I think that's the knock-out punch"

with only 20 minutes or so to go...

"He's kicked it from the touch line, 20-0 to Warrington..."

Leeds pull a try back...

"Richie Mathers scores, and that's it..." - the video referee is checking for obstruction - disallowed. "Leeds get out of jail - but for how long?"

"...It was a high tackle but Hicks gets it down and this tim the re is no need for the video referee, that's a try and Warrington have it!"

"... and Anderson is over, Anderson has scored, that is just the icing on the cake. .... Leeds are dead and buried"

"Now the score line is starting to reflect how dominant Warrington have been"

28-6

"The Warrington fans are counting down ... and that's the final whistle!"

Warrington have won the Challenge Cup 30 - 6 Warrington have won the Challenge Cup two years on the trot.

I'm delighted!

SC

• 3 weeks later...

Superleague Grand Final - anyone, anywhere?

The last quarter-finals are this coming weekend, so I guess the final will be a fiortnight later...

St Helens and Leeds are through to the Semis, with Warrington and Wigan playing Huddersfield and Hull KR respectively this coming weekend...

SC

Looking ahead to next month, there is the smallest of chances that these games may be on Eurosport or one of the other smaller channels...

Alitalia European Cup fixtures

Saturday October 9 - France v Ireland (Avignon) 3.30pm CET

Sunday October 10 - Scotland v Wales (Old Anniesland, Glasgow) 2.30pm

Saturday October 16 - France v Scotland (Stade Ernest Wallon, Toulouse) 3.30pm CET

Sunday October 17 - Wales v Ireland (The Gnoll, Neath) 2pm

Saturday October 23 October - France v Wales (Stade Municipale d'Albi) 3.30pm CET

Sunday October 24 - Ireland v Scotland (Tallaght, Dublin) 2.30pm

I couldn't get a schedule for that far in advance for Eurosport...

SC

• 2 weeks later...

thought you'd have been up to speed on this story SC

former great britain, leeds, bradford and wakefield hooker terry newton, found dead at his home after hanging himself.

just read about it on the BBCs website page

very sad news !

Edited by tigerfish

thought you'd have been up to speed on this story SC

former great britain, leeds, bradford and wakefield hooker terry newton, found dead at his home after hanging himself.

just read about it on the BBCs website page

very sad news !

Very sad indeed. I always feel at a bit of a loss in these situations, so I normally just mumble and nod and observe a moment's silence.

SC

In the absence of live TV coverage, what will you be doing at 1800 BST Saturday night for the Superleague Grand Final?

SC

Seventy-one thousand of us (you? them?) anyway, not me personally, watched Wigan claim their first Grand-Final for 12 years, after finishing top of the league, having led for most (maybe all) the season... St Helens were unable to close an initial 16-0 early deficit - just as they had stuggled to close in the league through the season, pulling past Warrington into 2nd spot in the last few weeks.

SC

• 3 weeks later...

I happened to be in a pub in KL and saw the second half of the New Zealand v Samoa game; I'm not sure if the Four Nations games will be showing, though I fear not...

I checked as well for the Wales France game on the listings, without joy.

Do any of the pubs in Bangkok show the Malaysian satellite channels? Astro carries some Heineken Cup games, and a couple of Guinness Premiership and French Top XIV games every week, as far as I can tell (sorry - last bit was a bit OT - I'll copy to the rugby on the box thread)

SC

NZ vs England in the first 4 Nations on saturday

luckily, Im back in NZ atm, so will get to see it

from what ive seen so far (England vs Maori, Kiwis vs Samoa) The Kiwis should be outplaying the English.

Benji Marshall will be hard to contain if they allow him room.

Hope you find a tv showing it SC

NZ vs England in the first 4 Nations on saturday

luckily, Im back in NZ atm, so will get to see it

from what ive seen so far (England vs Maori, Kiwis vs Samoa) The Kiwis should be outplaying the English.

Benji Marshall will be hard to contain if they allow him room.

Hope you find a tv showing it SC

Amongst the few rays of sunshine in my current abode is access to the Malaysian satellite TV channels; I watched the game on Astro; England looked quite outclassed, although the scoreboard didn't really show that; I missed 10 or 15 minutes of the first half with a reception glitch, but England missed a lot of tackles. Hopefully they'll get better... I think they have Australia next week

Sadly, France v Wales and Ireland v Scotland are not being shown in Malaysia...or, probably, anywhere, though I saw the equivalent fixtures in Dubai last year...

SC