Guest House, Phisanuluk

stevehaigh

I stayed at one called Wiang Keow (I think) for about 400 inc AB.

Decent enough. AC and cable. But the sign for the hotel was only in Thai and off the main road. Close to a shopping mall.

Edit reason. I just re-read the OPs post and saw 'family friendly'. Well, the only problem with this hotel was that they had a lot of call-girls going in and out of the lobby. I didn't know what they were at first and thought that there was a disco in the hotel. :o

Edited by Gazza

I'll add another shout for the Rajapruk. You also have the added bonus of having the pool to yourself during daylight hours as the only other guests there tend to be Thais.

Be warned though, there is a fishbowl with love suites in the basement. Me and my then GF waltzed straight into the middle of it (while it was closed thankfully) whilst trying to find the pool.

We had a good laugh though that night! I went down for a gander and was dragged in by some of the rowdy punters there. I explained that my missus was upstairs in the room and they insisted I invited her down. We joined them not without a few slight reservations but they were totally uninterested in my missus. I was even allowed to bung her in the fishbowl and then picked her out. We then hopped into a lovesuite.............

She still goes on about her time in a Thai knocking shop to this day!!

• 2 weeks later...
can any one recommend a guest house or cheep (500 bhat/night ish) hotel in phitsanulok. a family friendly place would be ideal, outside of town a bit is fine.

thanks, steve

Don't be such a cheap charlie -- treat your family to the ultimate holiday -- Sapprawan Resort on the Phitsanulok to Lom Sak Road -- your wife will look at you in a different light thenceforth. A villa on a private lake with almost no neighbors -- room service brought in on trolley -- kids will love the setting. The price can be negotiated. Usually $40, but can be dropped to $28 with some sweet talk. Forget about the regular rooms; a villa is what you want. Spend some money, man!

:o