Accounting Software

raro

I am looking for some accounting software to use in our company.

I had a look at MS Accounting Express which would suit our needs, but it is a single user software only. Multiple users would cost 200$ per license and for three people this is already a bit of an investment.

What else is out there with comparable features and affordable?

Are you looking for something to prepare reports for the accountant, or ready for submission to the revenue dept?

It is my understanding that the revenue dept will only accept reports from a limited number of software packages, preferring instead something prepared by an accountant on paper. :D Worth checking what the revenue dept will accept. :)

Knowing you, I understand the Tukom option is not an alternative. So you will have to pay western prices for the software. You might look at buying it in another country so you can be sure you are getting a genuine licensed copy of which every software you select. Even at US$600 you are not looking at expensive software. (You have lived in Thailand too long :D )

checked out TurboCash last night, quite funny how they market it. It is Open Source but can do only single users. Once you go Multi user, you can either modify the source code by yourself :D or pay them 100$ per year and user. If you want support coming with that we are talking 300$...per year and user.

MyOB is 1,600 Aussie Dollars, Quickbooks is also 200 USD per user.

It is not so much about reporting the local revenue department but to Singapore headoffice. A totally different ballgame... :)

MYOB is a little cheaper than that for a 3 license copy of premier in Oz. ($1250)

Just wondering, do you need the absolute latest version with the latest tax rates and current versions of government requirements? If not why not look at an older version, could save significant cost. If you are interested in good invoicing, P&L, inventory control and reporting, some of the older versions are more than adequate for your purposes and available at very good discounts. Upgrade later if it becomes an issue.

valid point!

Anyways, in the meantime HQ is ok with Excel sheets and they will import into their system...problem solved! :)

Still, I let this one running as the answers might be of interest for other members as well.

• 11 months later...

Hi raro,

I think that the solution you've mentioned is a little bit expensive... It seems to me that's an important investment.

I advise you to have a look at TioLive. It has all the accounting features required to run a business (including invoicing, inventory, sales orders, etc) and it also runs contacts and CRM. Maybe it can be a great solution for you.

Moreover, regarding pricing, you don't have to pay anything. The registration is for free with no limit of user and no limit in time.

Maybe look at some of the hosted online options. I run most of my business in the cloud - that's the future and the options are fantastic. It's added flexibility and scale to my business.

I use FreshBooks which is invoicing, it integrates with a few accounting packages such as Xero. http://www.xero.com/

Here are all the integrations for FreshBooks

http://community.freshbooks.com/addons/

You might find other hosted accounting at: http://thesmallbusinessweb.com/directory

thanks for that, certainly interesting...however we are now tied into the strategic decisions of an international enterprise...in short, they tell me what we have to take :D

I agree with Valjean, an hosted online solution could have been a good solution -even for a kind of subsidiary.

Still, which solution was choosen by your international company? Which solution do you now use?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that, certainly interesting...however we are now tied into the strategic decisions of an international enterprise...in short, they tell me what we have to take :D

I agree with Valjean, an hosted online solution could have been a good solution -even for a kind of subsidiary.

Still, which solution was choosen by your international company? Which solution do you now use?

They use Microsoft AX and we feed the data via excel sheets.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Raro,

Would you please have a look at our Accounting System?

<snip>

Dear foxbkk,

promoting a product is a privilege for our sponsors. As I cannot see you in the active sponsor list, I deleted all info regarding your product.

Thanks for your understanding

raro

Edited by raro
spam deleted