House Prices In Pattaya

• 4 weeks later...

The general impression is that they are going up. Don't see any chance of this trend continuing. There are way to many houses and not enough Farangs eligible to purchase for all sorts of reasons.

Simply count the houses that have been under construction for months and years and then take a look at how many are actually occupied and thriving. It seems as if hundreds are under construction. This cannot bode well for the future if you are looking to make a profit.

Contrary to what the real estate agencies want you to believe house and land prices in Pattaya have been virtually unchanged the last 10 years.

The building boom the last couple of years haven't done anything to change that.

Just check around the villages in Pattaya. I live in a very popular farang-moobaan and my rough guess is about 40% of the houses are empty.

the last time i was in pattaya about 5 yeare ago, i went to a place called "talay villas"there,i went around some of these large propertys, none were occupied,there must be a reason for this ,probably its because farang cant own land in lhailand

the last time i was in pattaya about 5 yeare ago, i went to a place called "talay villas"there,i went around some of these large propertys, none were occupied,there must be a reason for this ,probably its because farang cant own land in lhailand

View Talay villas now have about 140 houses built and sold on that project. Not sure how many are actually occupied but a friend of mine rents one which is tiny, 2 bedrooms thing with pool and postage stamp garden and he is paying 70,000 baht month for it. Personally I think its well over priced and have seen the bigger plots and 3/4 bedrooms with pools being sold at 18,000,000 baht which seems amazing to me.

Contrary to what the real estate agencies want you to believe house and land prices in Pattaya have been virtually unchanged the last 10 years.

The building boom the last couple of years haven't done anything to change that.

Just check around the villages in Pattaya. I live in a very popular farang-moobaan and my rough guess is about 40% of the houses are empty.

I think it depends upon the village and calibre of properties they contain. I have owned and then sold properties couple of times in last 3 years and in every case the price I sold for was well up on what I had paid for the property, in one case by about 30% in three years. However saying that, there are still many properties that cannot move almost regardless of the price, even in the same village that I had sold in. Obviously location has a lot to do with it, but also the general feel and upkeep of the village is critical in choosing a property that will likely increase in value. Most of my purchases have been outside of Pattaya proper, over at Maprachan resevoir. Whats that saying something like most housing purchase decisions are made within the first minutes of entering the development - means the asthetics are critical.

One place I have noticed is the Palm Springs place on Siam Country Club - the entrance to that looks so bad, I would not even consider buying somewhere inside there, but no doubt when it was first done, it looked really good but now it just looks hideous. The houses inside could be palaces but I guess most people make that assessment in the first couple of minutes and the entrance area is critical.

View Talay villas now have about 140 houses built and sold on that project. Not sure how many are actually occupied but a friend of mine rents one which is tiny, 2 bedrooms thing with pool and postage stamp garden and he is paying 70,000 baht month for it. Personally I think its well over priced and have seen the bigger plots and 3/4 bedrooms with pools being sold at 18,000,000 baht which seems amazing to me.

How abt trying 40 mil, the larger ones in that project acrross from the pool where recently sold at 42 million baht.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine bought two condos two years ago. He paid 450,000 for one and sold it for 800,000 within a year. He paid 840,000 for the other and just sold it for 1,500,000. He put some money into both of them but not that much. The condos within about a kilometer of the beach are going up very quickly. I paid 1,100,000 for one 8 months ago and have had offers of 1,500,000. I didn't buy mine for an investment but rather to have a place to call my own even though I don't live in it most of the time.