Cafe Pitini Review-worst Ever Service

kuffki

I am not the one to write reviews about cafe's or places to eat, but this place has to be written about

Cafe Pitini , soi Bukhao near by the market

I have eaten there twice now and the food is not that great but it is clean.Prices-well, say about 30% higher then it should be. Anyhow service is something of a joke.

So today went there to have late lunch with my girl.

There was no friendly hello or anything of a kind. My girl ordered rice with chicken and i ordered salmon sandwich.

After about 10 mins my girl got her meal, i am still waiting. Had another 3 people come in.

After 15 mins i got little pissed off with waiting and told them to cancel my order as sandwich surely does not take 15 mins to be made especially when there are more staff working then the customers.

As soon as i said that about 2 mins later they brought out my order-i told them i did not want it anymore as i was too tired of waiting.

In response Thai waiter started to complain in Thai, how i have to pay and it was not long and my order is ready. I again told her that sandwich does not take 15 mins to be made. She then claimed that they had to wait for the machine to warm up. By that i assume she meant toaster.

1. So by 3pm the toaster is switched off? in the place that has a huge sandwich menu?!-GOOD ONE

2. 1 customer came in 10 mins after i ordered and already got his toasted sandwich so did the other 2 customers.

I refused to take the food.

Well now the big owner came out. Mind you no apology no offer of discount or anything of a kind. He started to tell me that the staff write down the time of order and it has not been 15 mins. Funny enough putting aside that everyone has a different watch, unless in his cafe all are syncronized, time shown on the order was 14.37 Time now on my watch was 14:54 he continued to insist that the order was made and given in under 10 mins.

If he is your mate, please explain to the retard that the difference between 14.37 to 14.54 is 17 mins

Putting aside that he was wrong and customer had to wait for long time, the retard was rude and continue to insist that now i have to pay for the order as they did make it.

I have traveled through 25 country's and have lived in Thailand for over 6 years now and have never come across such stupidity.

Seeing that i did have to wait and they were wrong, rather then offering some discount or some free biscuit or something of a kind the retard just kept going with his stupidity. I have not even seen this stupidity in Thai owned cafes.

I did pay the 150 for the sandwich, but now he lost a customer forever, mind you i am an expat and all my friends or relatives and any mates coming to visit and should a review come up or conversation about this place, i be sure to mention my experience and mind you all this over 150 baht and keep in mind he was wrong and i did have to wait for longer then any other customer in the place even the ones who came after me.

Thats what you call great business thinking!

Edited by kuffki

I am not the one to write reviews about cafe's or places to eat, but this place has to be written about

I have eaten there twice now and the food is not that great but it is clean.Prices-well, say about 30% higher then it should be. Anyhow service is something of a joke.

There was no friendly hello or anything of a kind. My girl ordered rice with chicken and i ordered salmon sandwich.

After about 10 mins my girl got her meal, i am still waiting. Had another 3 people come in.

After 15 mins i got little pissed off with waiting and told them to cancel my order as sandwich surely does not take 15 mins to be made especially when there are more staff working then the customers.

As soon as i said that about 2 mins later they brought out my order-i told them i did not want it anymore as i was too tired of waiting.

In response Thai waiter started to complain in Thai, how i have to pay and it was not long and my order is ready. I again told her that sandwich does not take 15 mins to be made. She then claimed that they had to wait for the machine to warm up. By that i assume she meant toaster.

1. So by 3pm the toaster is switched off? in the place that has a huge sandwich menu?!-GOOD ONE

2. 1 customer came in 10 mins after i ordered and already got his toasted sandwich so did the other 2 customers.

Well now the big owner came out. Mind you no apology no offer of discount or anything of a kind. He started to tell me that the staff write down the time of order and it has not been 15 mins. Funny enough putting aside that everyone has a different watch, unless in his cafe all are syncronized, time shown on the order was 14.37 Time now on my watch was 14:54 he continued to insist that the order was made and given in under 10 mins.

If he is your mate, please explain to the retard that the difference between 14.37 to 14.54 is 17 mins

Putting aside that he was wrong and customer had to wait for long time, the retard was rude and continue to insist that now i have to pay for the order as they did make it.

I have traveled through 25 country's and have lived in Thailand for over 6 years now and have never come across such stupidity.

Seeing that i did have to wait and they were wrong, rather then offering some discount or some free biscuit or something of a kind the retard just kept going with his stupidity. I have not even seen this stupidity in Thai owned cafes.

I did pay the 150 for the sandwich, but now he lost a customer forever, mind you i am an expat and all my friends or relatives and any mates coming to visit and should a review come up or conversation about this place, i be sure to mention my experience and mind you all this over 150 baht and keep in mind he was wrong and i did have to wait for longer then any other customer in the place even the ones who came after me.

Where is this place? I would never eat there and I would tell my friends. These kind of posts are really helpful. Thanks!!!

Where is this place? I would never eat there and I would tell my friends. These kind of posts are really helpful. Thanks!!!

It is in Pattaya, soi Bukhao, just few meters down from Bukhao Market.

I love the sandwiches at Cafe Pitini but I have to agree with you on the service.

Last time I waited 40 MINUTES! to get a Panini sandwich with chicken. I had to remind the waiter 3 times (first she forgot my order - second time the cook forgot my order)

So the food is great there - but the service is worse than even Russia.

I love the sandwiches at Cafe Pitini but I have to agree with you on the service.

Last time I waited 40 MINUTES! to get a Panini sandwich with chicken. I had to remind the waiter 3 times (first she forgot my order - second time the cook forgot my order)

So the food is great there - but the service is worse than even Russia.

I would not say the food is that crash hot, but reasonable, but here is a link for another great experience someone had in that place

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?show...=20955&st=0

Edited by kuffki

Thanks for the warning, I have eaten in that area before and will remember the name of the place next time.

What did you actualy do with the Sandwich you ended up paying for ? I hope you made it so that they could not give it to someone else, or eat it themselves.

Reminds me of when I got stopped at the Airport a few years back with a full Litre of Whiskey, the new law had just come out that we could not take liquids onto the Plane, the guy at the desk really wanted me to leave it with him,,, but no, i went to the nearest toilet and poored it away.

You should have seen his face when i returned without it.. ha.

I dont believe in giving stuff free to strangers, no one give me anything for nothing.

Thanks for the warning, I have eaten in that area before and will remember the name of the place next time.

What did you actualy do with the Sandwich you ended up paying for ? I hope you made it so that they could not give it to someone else, or eat it themselves.

Reminds me of when I got stopped at the Airport a few years back with a full Litre of Whiskey, the new law had just come out that we could not take liquids onto the Plane, the guy at the desk really wanted me to leave it with him,,, but no, i went to the nearest toilet and poored it away.

You should have seen his face when i returned without it.. ha.

I dont believe in giving stuff free to strangers, no one give me anything for nothing.

I was so angry that i told them to throw it away in the rubbish. Thinking with clear head now, should of given it to some soi dogs. Better yet order more and bring all the soi dogs around to eat inside :)

Bla bla bla. 15 minutes for one sandwich made you so angry? Take it easy dude :)
I have not even seen this stupidity in Thai owned cafes.

No comment

Mate i was so hungry and thats why ordered a sandwich to have it fast, the thing that did make me angry was the attitude of the staff and worst of all farang owner who knows better then that

Edited by kuffki

According to the other website the rude member of staff got the tictac, she must be back!

The owner or managers set the mood in the working place. So when the owner speaks with customers in this way, you can ask for staff to be any different. Being old staff or new staff, they will copy the owner in how they deal with customers. and obviously the owner does not seem to have any idea about service.

Bla bla bla. 15 minutes for one sandwich made you so angry? Take it easy dude :D

So, Say you go in a restaurant and order a sandwich. Within the next 15 minutes, more customers have come in, of which have also ordered sandwich. The customers who came in after you are served with their sandwich (exactly what you ordered) and you're still sat hungry waiting for your meal, even though you were first in there. Would you still be taking it easy? I think not. :)

I usually give a place one shot - if the service is bad I never return. That's all over the world. I have a little bit more empathy for the workers of LOS since they make crickets in wages. Then again ....

Edited by EnhancePlus

I've tried this restaurant before but it must be about 3 years ago now.. Food was nothing special and definitely quite overpriced so never returned. Better value restaurants down Soi Chaiyapoon..

in 3 years the food quality has not improved much and reading other reviews from other people service did not improve either, only the prices have changed- LOL

This may kind of explain why there is never more then 3-5 customers in there.

15 minutes is reasonable to grill a Samon . :)

Was not grilled Salmon, was smoked salmon. Smoked Salmon does not need grilling nor does it need warming.

The only thing they had to do was open the bag put salmon on the bread, toast the bread and its done.

Alternatively if the chief actually has the brain he would put bread on toast while opening the pack to take out salmon. At the most by the most retarded chief the entire procedure takes 5 mins

There is a simple golden rule when running any business ..." the customer is always right "

and if you dont appreciate the far reaching implications of failing to implement this

day in and day out ( no matter how hard it seems sometimes ) best for the

proprietor to go and get a job...............

I would never go near Cafe Pitini :)

There is a simple golden rule when running any business ..." the customer is always right "

and if you dont appreciate the far reaching implications of failing to implement this

day in and day out ( no matter how hard it seems sometimes ) best for the

proprietor to go and get a job...............

I would never go near Cafe Pitini :)

Very very so true. and from all the evidence it seems that the owner does not grasp the concept.

Loosing 150 baht to make 150 000 is smart business. Offering free drink as a way of apology not only gets you a tip but repeat customers and good reviews

Looks like the owner of Cafe Pitini has just lost himself a lot of potential customers through being so stubborn. :D

Good on you for pointing this out, kuffki! I hope the owner of the restaurant see's this thread, Maybe he will start to treat his customers with a little more respect. :)

So you have eaten there twice both times food cost more than it should and the service is rubbish

cannot believe you went there a third time doh!

what hoping for third time lucky

I give anywhere one chance and one chance only

food, service or cleanliness not up to scratch I'm out of there

At a place in Naklua ordered food for me and 3 guests

saw a ill looking dog come out of kitchen when waitress went for drinks

called to waitress "Dog on menu ?"

she said "No not korean restaurant boss dog!"

So we got up,walked to the car and drove off

"Up to them!"

So you have eaten there twice both times food cost more than it should and the service is rubbish

"Up to them!"

No, in total including this time was twice.

First time food was crappy and service was ok, but my girl wanted to go there. So i could live with 1 unsatisfying lunch and an ok service, but certainly never in my wild imagination did i even imagine this kind of service.

Once in Thai place, i waited for my order for too long, as a way of apology they put in double the amount of chicken to say sorry, here i got the docket claiming the wait was not that long.

"Up to them!"

No, in total including this time was twice.

First time food was crappy and service was ok, but my girl wanted to go there. So i could live with 1 unsatisfying lunch and an ok service, but certainly never in my wild imagination did i even imagine this kind of service.

Once in Thai place, i waited for my order for too long, as a way of apology they put in double the amount of chicken to say sorry, here i got the docket claiming the wait was not that long.

Apologies for thinking this was the third visit but I would never go back if the food was crappy as you put it so my comment still stands really as to go back to a place when the food (hello that's what you went there for!) was in your own words "CRAPPY!"

that's like taking you car to a garage for a service then you find out they will use shit quality parts on it which puts you life and your passengers lives at risk and then next service time you go back to the same place WTH!

this does apply to food as so easy to get food poisoning anywhere from bad preparation and YET you still allowed you and your girl to eat there

next time tell your girl "I value you far too much to take you to eat there, food is very bad!"

yes I agree that it is correct to notify the forum of bad places and well done to you for doing so but take care a bit more you only have one life

I am not going to defend this cafe. Only say I have eaten there numerous times when I lived in Pattaya. One of my favorite breakfast places.

Is the service great? No! On some days they are definitely slow. Is "all" the food prepared to my liking? No! So I don't order that item again. Is the food "crappy"? I don't think crappy is correct unless you are served something that is literally "crap" . I know crappy is a generic term used to describe food you don't like or prepared in a way that it does not taste good. The Op had a bad experience there so everything is now a negative about this place and nothing will satisfy him. I would react the same way. And I thank him for posting his experience there.

What I will say is echo the other comments. The staff are typical of Thai staff. Not trained and poorly managed. As for the owner/manager he was dead wrong in not doing something to acknowledge the complaint of the customer and trying to make it work in his favor. As is stated the customer is always right and in the food business it must be that way. His job is to make sure everyone that eats in his establishment comes back again or at least wants to come back again. And more so tell their friends to come. For him to dispute the customer and basically defend the staff was wrong. Especially for 150 baht.

When I visit Pattaya and soi Buakao I will visit this cafe again as I have enjoyed the food there in the past. I am sorry about this bad experience the OP had and lets hope the service improves. This sort of poor service happens all over Pattaya many times a day I think.

For the OP I hope you find a salmon sandwich at another cafe that is served piping hot and in the most expedient way possible so you and you're wife can enjoy a meal together.