Exercise And Meditation Is An Important Part Of My Recovery.

garro

Exercise and mediation has become a very important part of my recovery. During the first two years I let the exercise part of things slip a bit, but during the last year have really made more of an effort. I find that this exercise has really makes my life so much more enjoyable; although I accept that it is not enough to keep people sober by itself.

Meditation has also been an important part of my recover. I have a sitting practice and use Tai Chi as a another form of meditation. Here is an article about the benefits of Tai Chi practice for those with addictions; http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...ons.html?cat=50

What do you guys think. Is exercise and meditation an important part of recovery?

Exercise and mediation has become a very important part of my recovery. During the first two years I let the exercise part of things slip a bit, but during the last year have really made more of an effort. I find that this exercise has really makes my life so much more enjoyable; although I accept that it is not enough to keep people sober by itself.

Meditation has also been an important part of my recover. I have a sitting practice and use Tai Chi as a another form of meditation. Here is an article about the benefits of Tai Chi practice for those with addictions; http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...ons.html?cat=50

What do you guys think. Is exercise and meditation an important part of recovery?

They say it is a three fold disease, affecting the person physically, mentally and spiritually.

Thanks for reminding me.

They say it is a three fold disease, affecting the person physically, mentally and spiritually.

Thanks for reminding me.

No problem LIE, I am still following your other thread; you are doing great. I particularly liked the bit about your son. My child is the light of my life too.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just messaged a guy to tell him that I quit smoking, drinking and drugs all on the same night more than thirty years ago and kept 100% clean for 18 years, after which I allowed myself the occasional glass of wine or shots of tequila but with no return to "needing" a drink.

I have just started holding eight day meditation retreats on Koh Yao Yai where there are no bars, night clubs or hookers. Guests staying at Heimat Gardens get a reduced rate on a package including room, meals and classes. The beach here is empty and beautiful, and the people friendly, although not as friendly as the hotties in Patong.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad but I am convinced that meditation can help if there is serious desire behind it.

• 3 weeks later...

Very important. I went to the gym and swam every single day in my first year of recovery and did some Qi Gong, which is very similar to Thai chi. I've now forgotten most the moves and should really relearn them.

Swimming is so good!!

Also I have used different types of meditation - the best being Raja Yoga http://www.bkwsu.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ar5tQQuLAI...feature=related

Edited by Neeranam

Luckily i have never over indulged in anything dangerous.Been there done that as they say but as far as smoking,how can anyone smoke 20 fags a day after seeing pics of lungs on the packet,or visit any medical website tosee what ciggys can do.Alcohol is the same and i do drink a couple of nights a week but dont over indulge as i like to be in control of myself to a certain degree.

I retired at 50 and have a brilliant life here so nothing is going to stand in my way to keep fit,so guys and gals,get a grip and open your mind to basics.