BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
imaneggspurt

How Long Should A Hangover Last ?

I know it sounds crazy, but if you smoke, the more you smoke the worse it gets. TRUE

See ya 4 breakfast Lanky :)

dont smoke, :D

Sounds like a mate of mine, turns out he's got pancreatitis. Google it.

:)

The normal hangover should not last more that 48 hours. If it does then it is a posible indicator of a potential problem.

Like an car with a part on the way to failure, the faster you drive it, the more stress you put on it, and the closer it comes to a critical failure.

Alchohol puts "stress" on all the systems of your body, so any system with problems devloping is pushed closer to failure.

The normal areas that are harmed by alchohol are the liver, the kidneys, and the heart.

Alchohol dehydrates the body and lowers the blood sugar levels.

If you are a pre-diabetic it can cause your blood sugar levels to vary and in that way affect your insulin levels. High or low insulin levels, or insulin levels that vary too much can affect you badly.

The best thing you can do is stop drinking. It's hard, but it is the best thing you can do.

You need to keep track of your blood pressure. Alchohol can also raise your blood pressure. Long term high blood pressure can harm a lot of systems in your body. It can also cause headaches. Therefore a alchohol binge can raise your blood pressure to a point where you get headaches...which you may interpret as a 'hangover".

You need to have a fasting insulin test...to check if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic. They make you fast for 24 hours and then check your insulin level and comapre it to your normal insulin levels. If it drops to much it is an indication of a diabetic condition.

But the most important thing is to get to a doctor and tell him about these extended "hangovers".

You will probaly need blood workups and a blood electrolyte test. They may want to give you a small amount of alchohol to see how your liver and kidneys react, and check your blood and urine results to that achohol.

And extended hangover is not a "minor" problem.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

so i drink jack/coke,. :)

could be ...but admit to enjoy a swallow or 2 every day...lifes too short ....but the worse is a 12 hour ...jesu Cristo.(not often .got sensible.honest..and usually OK afterwards ......7 days however sound bad...and me thinks you know.....good luck..

Go to the gym, pump some iron, take supplements, vitamins, decent diet, dump Coke, drink responsibly, get a life

Bubba

take some milk thistle (silymarin)-

studies on the effect of silymarin on toxic liver damage (mostly induced by alcohol), chronic liver disease and disease caused by certain drugs have been reviewed by medical experts. They concluded that basic lab and clinical data suggests silymarin is a therapeutically useful medicinal plant product that stabilizes the cell membrane and stimulates protein synthesis, while accelerating the process of regeneration in damaged liver tissue, and that these effects are important in the therapeutic efficacy of silymarin.

buy it over the counter in almost any pharmacy in bangkok, its pharmaceutical name is Legalon 70. A strip of 10 capsules costs 95 baht in my local pharmacy.

Legalon 70 is a medicine acting on the liver - Reinforces the regenerative capacity and functional efficiency of the liver Legalon is the outcome of several decades of intensive research by Madaus. It is entirely of plant origin and is manufactured in the form of a dry extract from the fruits of the milk thistle. The active ingredient is silymarin, with its principal active component silibinin. Extensive research into this extract over the last 20 years has conclusively proved that this extract is beneficial in protecting and detoxifying the liver. Medicines of plant origin are in general well tolerated, and this is certainly true of Legalon.

I recommend anyone who feels they drink to much to try using this medicine.

Edited by matt888

The answer is in your question. You say you have a real binge every two weeks or so.

The sudden shock of alcohol to the body is giving you the bad hangover. Although in a healthy person the hangover should only last 48-60 hours maximum.

Get your LFT's done (about 500 baht maximum) at a clinic then post them up on this forum and the bad hangovers will be medically explained.

I never had a hangover again? Why I don't know, some people have it some not. I only once, drinked so much, I had to throw out all night long. After that, I got immuun for the stuff.