Swine Flu In Bang Chang?

podgey

I seen all the kids out yesterday and asked what was going on and was toldbang chang temple school has closed due to some 30 cases of swine flu. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true how effective is it as a control to close the school? Will the other schools wait untill there are confirmed cases before closing? Does anyone think it's worth keeping out of the markets and tesco aswell or am i getting a bit paranoid. Thing is i dont really myself or any of my family getting sick.

yes - the temple pratom school (primary school age) closed early due to flu

but guess what - did you know that 2 days earlier the much bigger matayom school ( secondary school- kids up to 19)- had closed early- all the students were sent home too as so many had flu symptoms and so many others were absent or had been held back at home as a precaution anyway

the school closed so it could be cleaned- might as well do it on a day of low attendance and obviously maximum hype and panic

it was opened the next day as was the pratom you refer to

2 weeks ago the garden inter school was closed too as a precaution so it could be disinfected following a suspected case of swine flu that turned out to be negative in the end

so wherever you go you cannot avoid the flu - it's flu season in thailand and many people are panicking- swine flu is not such a big killer compared to regular flu anyway - it's just the potential that is threatening post mutation,maybe

so don't panic - just take normal precautions - clean hands, etc...