Amplified Speaker

Gary A

My car has an auxiliary audio jack in the radio. It works great for my creative Zen and my Garmin GPS. My truck radio doesn't have this. I found a great little amplified speaker on eBay made by a US company named Wolo. Has anyone seen anything like this here in Thailand? I'd prefer to buy it from an online store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Innovative, all in one plug and play amplifier with speaker adds serious "Oomph" to most any portable musical device.

* Simply plug the included wired jack into the audio player's headphone outlet and you're ready to enjoy increased output to an amazing 40 watts of power.

* Magnetic base for easy mounting inside engine compartment or any steel surface.

* Completely self contained?solid state amplifier circuitry is built into the weather resistant speaker case.

* Perfect for cars, RV's, vans, trucks, backyard entertaining, parties, sporting events, tailgating, camping, boating, fishing, at home, garage, office or any other indoor/outdoor activities.

* Plug and play compatibility with the Wolo Juke Box and Animal House.

* Speaker Size: 7" x 5.5" x 6.5"

Includes

* 110-Volt AC Power Adapter - for Home Use

* 10 Foot Power Wire with Fused Cigarette Plug - for Portable Vehicle Use

* Can be installed under vehicle hood with included fused power wire

* Audio Connector - for Audio Devices without Earphone Jack Connector

• 2 weeks later...
Check out computer stores.

The systems sold for sound on a computer may fulfill your needs.

They need to be 12V powered amplified speaker/speakers. I went ahead and ordered the speaker from the US and expect it to be delivered very soon. $54.95 plus $33.50 shipping. Since they were shipped USPS, I'm hoping there will not be a big customs duty.

Check out computer stores.

The systems sold for sound on a computer may fulfill your needs.

They need to be 12V powered amplified speaker/speakers. I went ahead and ordered the speaker from the US and expect it to be delivered very soon. $54.95 plus $33.50 shipping. Since they were shipped USPS, I'm hoping there will not be a big customs duty.

Received my amplified speaker today via USPS. No customs duty. It works great but is a little too loud even at the input device's lowest setting. It works with my Zen, Garmin GPS and the Nokia phones.