Cost Of Living For A Single Man In Pattaya.

Mahadeva

Hi all,

There were many talks about cost of living in Pattaya (I know...) , but I would really appreciate to know What are the current +/- prices of the following in Pattaya from people who are living there:

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. close to the main bar area (walking street?)/ any other live area

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. far from bar areas

standard internet connection

Beer in pub / club

Beer in 7/11 /local shop

meal in street stalls

water bottle in local shop

standard bus ticket

ferry to Koh Larn

Total cost of Visa run.

Simple 50cc scooter rent per month.

Liter of petrol.

I am 26 years old, thinking on moving to Pattaya for a year (maybe more).

The above are things that are important to me and your answers will allow me to understand my avarage cost per month so I can plan this better.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi all,

There were many talks about cost of living in Pattaya (I know...) , but I would really appreciate to know What are the current +/- prices of the following in Pattaya from people who are living there:

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. close to the main bar area (walking street?)/ any other live area 5000/6000baht

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. far from bar areas

standard internet connection 30/40 baht 1 hour or free with some rooms

Beer in pub / club 45 baht to 180 bHT

Beer in 7/11 /local shop 35 BAHT UP TO 45 BAHT, MORE FOR IMPORTED

meal in street stalls 30 BAHT /40BAHT

water bottle in local shop 5 BAHT UP TO 9BAHT 1 LITRE

standard bus ticket tO WHERE FROM WHERE ?

ferry to Koh Larn About 130 baht

Total cost of Visa run. From 1800 baht depends on what you want

Simple 50cc scooter rent per month. 2500 baht again depends on what you want

Liter of petrol. very cheap fill up every 6/7 days 120baht

The above are things that are important to me and your answers will allow me to understand my avarage cost per month so I can plan this better.

You can get rooms cheaper by the 6 months / that means calander months not 28 days.

Hope this helps you .

I have been living in Pattaya for the last 5 months,

I have been living pretty much full-tilt with the beers/girls etc and i have spending about 220K/baht a month, I give 40k of that

to my wife and I have a 20k a month "friend" i "support" (BTW super hot / super fun - best 20k a month i ever spent :) )

ITs expensive here if u want fun

Edited by SoiGirlHunter

I have been living pretty much full-tilt with the beers/girls etc and i have spending about 220K/baht a month, I give 40k of that

to my wife and I have a 20k a month "friend" i "support" (BTW super hot / super fun - best 20k a month i ever spent :D )

220,000 Baht/month???

Bro... you are in a league of your own! you are living "Sadam Husein" style (well beside the mass murder, golden swords and shit :)

Keep on having fun, you only live once.

Hi all,

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. close to the main bar area (walking street?)/ any other live area 10,000 and up

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. far from bar areas 6,000 and up

standard internet connection free in some places ADSL packages as low as 390/month

Beer in pub / club 45 and up

Beer in 7/11 /local shop 30 and up

meal in street stalls 30 and up

water bottle in local shop 6 and up

standard bus ticket to where? BKK Ekamai 120 one way

ferry to Koh Larn

Total cost of Visa run.

Liter of petrol. 28 for bio

to my wife and I have a 20k a month "friend" i "support" (BTW super hot / super fun - best 20k a month i ever spent :) )

Way to go SoiGirlHunter

did similar (200K/300K per month)for 8 months in 2007

but NO regular sponsors like your two

Just Girls Go-Go's Vodka and Golf (this is the biggest expense for me here as getting to bar who organise Golf breakfast and drinks there before leaving, competition fee for day ,50/50 on fuel to get to Golf course, green fee's, caddy fee's ,sometimes compulsory cart fee then caddy tip (sometimes Taxi fare for them to come back to Pattaya later that Night for more Course ball play hehe then as they don't go in the next day fee for the caddy master to not flag up they did not turn up that day and then two rounds worth of tips as they did not get to caddy for some one else that day) shoe cleaning fee, more beer and food during game sometimes up to 4 hours if slow Koreans japs in front but that sometimes is good if your have a very sexy Caddy to while away the time with, then meal at golf club if restuarant is any good then to Secrets or similar type of bar more drinks lady drinks pool game fees

sometimes can be 12/16K on a good golf day but that is from 0530 to around 1200 next day so still only around 500bht a hour for a brilliant day out in beautiful weather (usually!) in places that have a much friendlier staff far cleaner kitchens and better management attitude than that supplied by venues in the UK which are usually staffed by surly stroppy uncaring staff often not from these shores

Your only here (The Planer Earth NOT Thailand!) once so enjoy it while it lasts

For someone your age (mid 20) - 20,000 baht/month is possible, however if you can spend 30,000 baht/month or more, you will find living in Pattaya to be a bit more pleasant and comfortable.

I think you spend too much , I live in luxury for for 40k a month

• Like 1

For someone your age (mid 20) - 20,000 baht/month is possible, however if you can spend 30,000 baht/month or more, you will find living in Pattaya to be a bit more pleasant and comfortable.

well thats our rent covered :) i really do believe you can survive on 20k a month ,but who wants to just survive in our wonderfull town ?

I think you spend too much , I live in luxury for for 40k a month

What you consider LUXURY can be a real DUMP to others :)

First of all thx for all of your replies. it's a great forum no doubt!

I've been living in Pattaya for 2 years now, and I manage on 20000bht/month and have done the whole time, including everything...

220K, that's just sick!

Bro, can you please devide your avarage monhtly spendings? how much you pay for apartment and which area, other costs etc.

I would really appreciate it.

Hopefully one day I'l get to the point I can spend as much as some of the guys here on a regular basis but for now my budget is very similar to yours ( around 20,000 bht regulary gets to my bank each month no matter where I live).

If this budget isn't enough than I would have to pass the idea which is very very dissapointing :).

Thx alot for your help!

I've been living in Pattaya for 2 years now, and I manage on 20000bht/month and have done the whole time, including everything...

220K, that's just sick!

7 grand a year plus change?? Seriously?

How can I subscribe to your newsletter?! :)

You must limit your female trawling to once a week or less, at 1k a pop or less.

Why Pattaya?

after Bangkok, Phuket and Sumui probably the most expensive place place to live in Thailand, live out in the sticks a lot cheaper.

Why a condo with AC, not only do you pay more for a room with AC but if you probably have to pay for electricity and Water as well, a fan will be cheaper.

12 months is a long time, what do you plan to do? it can get very boring after a week or so just waiting for the bars to open.

You can not just get off a plan a stop 12 months, you will have to consider the visa issue with the obligatory visa runs.

Why wast 12 months of your life.

Why Pattaya?

after Bangkok, Phuket and Sumui probably the most expensive place place to live in Thailand, live out in the sticks a lot cheaper.

Why a condo with AC, not only do you pay more for a room with AC but if you probably have to pay for electricity and Water as well, a fan will be cheaper.

12 months is a long time, what do you plan to do? it can get very boring after a week or so just waiting for the bars to open.

You can not just get off a plan a stop 12 months, you will have to consider the visa issue with the obligatory visa runs.

Why wast 12 months of your life.

Interesting comment.

Well, regarding the condo with AC, you are 100% right, it is really not essential so I can do without the AC.

Actually, just a bed and a refrigiarator is enough for me.

Regarding wasting 12 months of my life, I see it differently from you.

If a place is making me happy than that's the place I need to be and no matter how long is it, it's not waisted time.

At this point, I would like to do what is good for myslef, and personally I think that living in a vibrant place, interesting people,noise(the good type of noise), tourists, parties and the ability to escape to an island when I feel I need some quiet IS the right place for me.

Aside from enjoing my hobbies, I am a friendly person so I am pretty sure I will meet some cool people so I won't get bored.

It would be exactly as living back home just the beer is cheaper and the place&people are far more interesting.

If I feel like the place isn't for me than I will move to a different place in/outside of Thailand but you never know... I may find myself in Pattaya for several years or a lifetime.

The very tight budget and the 1 month visa run (a real pain in the ass) are major factors and I guess just need to see how I cope with both while I'm there.

I agree with Basil B. i spent 5 months In Thailand last year , I am not into going with the girls , to put it kindly. or as some say a monger. I like a drink now and again, I cannot just sit in bars and drink beer, I got bored , i jumped on busses planes and went all over Thailand, I made some good friends Thai and falang.But if you are not carefull it just becomes another day at the office. I can eat Thai food, and i like it , i can easyly live on 400/500 baht a day , No problems , If you get a resonable room you can live on 20 000baht , Would it not be better to cut short your stay and do afew things , Just pay monthly for your room , keep to your budget then go home after your money has gone, streaching it out will just impare the quality of your stay.

condo/ very small apartment with A/C, refrigerator, bed, closet. close to the main bar area (walking street?)/ any other live area

standard internet connection

Beer in pub / club

Beer in 7/11 /local shop

meal in street stalls

water bottle in local shop

standard bus ticket

ferry to Koh Larn

Total cost of Visa run.

Liter of petrol.

20,000 Baht/month budget - here it is:

5000 baht - for a studio room with small (hotel size) fridge, AC, and TV

800 baht - Utilities

2000 baht - Visa Run

2000 baht - Motorbike rental

After the above essentials... you still have 10,200 baht left - that's 340 baht/day for food, drink, gasoline, etc. Dude... it's hard, but it's doable. AND pray that you don't get sick ever for 1 year.

20,000 not enough

The guy wants a room near walking street with air con, that’s 4 or 5 grand a month

He will be drinking in walking street as that where he wants to live, (expensive)

He wants a motor bike for rent, just the room and motor bike will do in around 7 grand

Now his got 13 for the month. Not enough. For girls, beer, food, tabs, electric bill, water bill, petrol cost, mobile phone cost, internet cost. Visa run costs

Just to mention a few things he will need.

You need 35,000 to 40,000 for a good time,

pattaya costs a lot more than a few years ago.

If you try on 20,000 you will be pissed off in 4 months.

Edited by plasticpig

20k baht is do-able if you own your own condo. 30k baht a month if you rent a reasonable condo. But who the he11 wants to go to Patters to live on a tight budget? Figure 45k baht and allow yourself to have a bit of fun once or twice a week.

I've stayed out of this topic because I don't live in Pattaya and I'm not sure what the long term apartments cost. I know a few of my friends who pay about 15,000 baht a month for three months in high season. I stay at my timeshare in Joptien, but only for a week or so. Then I go back to Chiang Mai.

I do know things have gone up a lot in the last 12 years I've been coming.

I spend about 6000 baht for a nice room in a hotel in Chiang Mai, so maybe there is something similar in Pattaya if you get off the main streets. You can get a reasonable room for about 600 baht per night, but have to pay over 1000 at the medium class hotels.

If you hunt around for the right places, and only eat Thai food, you can eat for between $3 and $5 a day.

You won't get much of a motorbike for 2000 baht a month, but there are some places that rent beaters. If it was me I'd leave the motorbike alone in Pattaya. It's easy to walk anywhere or take a red truck.

Koh Larn Island is 20 baht there and 20 baht back. But, then you have to walk over the big hill (about 2 km) or take another 20 ride on a bike taxi. That makes it 80 baht for the day without including food or drinks.

I never take visa runs from Pattaya, so I don't know how much it costs. The biggest problem for the visa run is when you want to stay more than 6 months. You are not old enough to qualify for a pension visa. The longest you can get is an 180 day triple entry visa. But, there are no extensions after that and then you are stuck with the 2 week trips or fly out of the country for the 30 day trip. I think you can only do that 3 times and then you have to leave for about 6 months. If you stay illegally in the country then you WILL get caught and you WILL have to pay a big fine or go to jail. I wouldn't wish a Thai jail term on anyone.

Personally, I would forget the one year visit and concentrate on about 6 or 7 months. Then you will have more disposable income to enjoy yourself. It IS possible to live on under 20,000 baht, but you will be foregoing all the pleasures that Pattaya has to offer. For that kind of an existence I'd go to some tiny beach location away from the tourist areas and hang out like a hippy doing nothing.