Brits In Rayong

geronimo

There are some nice developments to the east of Rayong around Ban Phe (where the ferry to Samet leaves from). They're typically a lot cheaper than similar condos in Pattaya, but of course the nightlife and eating-out options are a lot more limited. I know an Irish guy who has a condo in Pratumnak and another in Ban Phe. When he gets fed up with Pattaya he heads off to Ban Phe, but he often returns within a few days at this time of year as it rains much more down there than it does in Pattaya.

Given the presence of the enormous industrial areas around Rayong city itself, you'd think that there would be a vibrant community of expat managers and engineers. Maybe some of them live in the condos east of Rayong, I don't know? I don't think there's much to attract a retired farang in the city itself.

Given the presence of the enormous industrial areas around Rayong city itself, you'd think that there would be a vibrant community of expat managers and engineers. Maybe some of them live in the condos east of Rayong, I don't know? I don't think there's much to attract a retired farang in the city itself.

Well actually there are very few expat managers & engineers working in the "enormous industrial areas" these days, and the one that are left dont live in Condo's....try houses on the golf courses.

There are very few expats living around Rayong city....the biggest concentration is in Ban Chang, 30km from Rayong City

Soutpeel is right

the highest concentration of expats in rayong province live in Ban Chang (as does he and I) -

due to being close to the industrial estates of maptaput ( west of rayong town) and closer to pattaya ( 40min drive)

others will be scattered around but it's rare to see expats in rayong to be honest, at least in comparison with pattaya-

by the way - why not look at the eastern thailand forum as that is the one relevant to your question

Soutpeel is right

the highest concentration of expats in rayong province live in Ban Chang (as does he and I) -

due to being close to the industrial estates of maptaput ( west of rayong town) and closer to pattaya ( 40min drive)

others will be scattered around but it's rare to see expats in rayong to be honest, at least in comparison with pattaya-

by the way - why not look at the eastern thailand forum as that is the one relevant to your question

Dolphin Circle to Sinthavee Park 23 minutes :)

23 minutes to dolphin roundabout - that's the fastest I've ever heard-

is it by motorbike?

at 4am ?

and jumping all the lights ?

by any chance

which way do you go-

phoenix shortcut

or

kao chee jan

or another secret way?

seriously I'm interested to know how you did it in 23 minutes

cheers

23 minutes to dolphin roundabout - that's the fastest I've ever heard-

seriously I'm interested to know how you did it in 23 minutes

H*ly Sh*t....so am I.... :) ..thought I drove fast...LOL..I would say my best from Ban Chang to

Pattaya in a car was around 30-35 minutes and that was in early hours of the morning