Penang: Tourist Visa Rejected If Have 3 Tvisas Already...

Today i arrived at bana guesthouse and I was told when I gave them my passport, that since yesterday over 30 passports were rejected for tourist visa. The reason was stated as: If you have 3 Tourist Visa's already you have to fly in your own country to get another one. I was told this by staff of bananguesthouse and can not verify it.

I myself have 3 tourist visas (yeah, dam_n...) and tomorrow I will see whether I will get rejected too. I have a daughter and try to go for Non-O Visa (never did it, lets see...)

I just wanted everyone to know before you come here to penang, because here is a lot of chaos -farang wise. Some don't know where to go or what to do. People breaking down. I wonder why people can not fly/drive to Thailand and get the 15/30days.

Anyone has a idea whats going on? It started yesterday 21.07.2009.

pffffffff

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some consulates don't like people traveling to Thailand a lot on tourist visa and can give a stamp in your passport saying that they will not further isue a tourist visa to you. That is the policy of the consul, not of the Thai government.

Some consulates don't like people traveling to Thailand a lot on tourist visa and can give a stamp in your passport saying that they will not further isue a tourist visa to you. That is the policy of the consul, not of the Thai government.

yes thats my whole point about this particular consulate,and when travelling to thailand what else do you travel with if not a tourist visa,oh forgot they dont like tourists,what a dump that consulate is.could always go to kota baru,not that far from penang.

But maybe the consuls should remember who they are ultimately working for (Thai Government). Penang has always been a law unto itself.

Every consulate makes own rules.

In Penang three years ago you got the Tourist visa stamp but also "never apply in Penang again".

There's to many "tourists" working in south of Thailand illegally.

They make problems for genuine tourist. :)

Today i arrived at bana guesthouse and I was told when I gave them my passport, that since yesterday over 30 passports were rejected for tourist visa. The reason was stated as: If you have 3 Tourist Visa's already you have to fly in your own country to get another one. I was told this by staff of bananguesthouse and can not verify it.

I myself have 3 tourist visas (yeah, dam_n...) and tomorrow I will see whether I will get rejected too. I have a daughter and try to go for Non-O Visa (never did it, lets see...)

I just wanted everyone to know before you come here to penang, because here is a lot of chaos -farang wise. Some don't know where to go or what to do. People breaking down. I wonder why people can not fly/drive to Thailand and get the 15/30days.

pffffffff

i know from someone who knows people from all sorts of embassies, that there's an unwritten policy that says no visas in penang. according to him the thais don't want the muslims and unfortunately it effects falangs as well. i mean it's well known that getting visas down there, wether non-b or tourist, is a hassle. so the best thing is to just stay clear of that place and go to laos for instance.

Beautiful country. The Thai Government motto: Spend a lot, but do not stay too long.... And about the tourism industry; who gives a hack. The government will pay the interest bill of the hoteliers anyhow. Not everybody on tourist visas are working, I assume.

Every consulate makes own rules.

In Penang three years ago you got the Tourist visa stamp but also "never apply in Penang again".

There's to many "tourists" working in south of Thailand illegally.

They make problems for genuine tourist. :)

Genuine tourists go home. If you want to stay, you gotta' do the paperwork, me too. Bummer. Still Thailand is easier than many, if not most, other countries.

Lets hope this isnt a new trend to sweep through to all consulates . I cant see that happening though .

I heard from a friend who was in Kota Bahru tht they will interview you, if more than 3 tourist visas in passport, no more dbb entry TR either...

We have just got this news confirmed by two different visa agents in Penang, plus at least 2 members confirming the facts. Bad news for TR visa runners indeed.

Logical.

If tourism does not go well, you do anything to get rid of the remaining lot.

I fear this has little to do with tourism, or big spenders....................

It is another attempt to weed out the illegal workers and long stay

people who do not meet the retirement or marriage criteria. :)

I am in this moment in Kuala Lumpur and applied today for a Tourist Visa.

I was told I can pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully no negative surprises.

Flight from Phuket to KL and back ca. 6000 baht and much more healthy than a bus ride.

For me since years KL Thai Embassy works best, it's reliable, effective and fast.

Does anyone know if people are facing the same problems at the Thai Embassy in Laos? I have just started using 2-3 month tourist visas again from the embassy in Laos and am going back in a week for my 2nd time. I have heard that the embassy in Laos will let people do it back to back and people have been doing that for years... anyone know if this is true?

I am in this moment in Kuala Lumpur and applied today for a Tourist Visa.

I was told I can pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully no negative surprises.

Flight from Phuket to KL and back ca. 6000 baht and much more healthy than a bus ride.

For me since years KL Thai Embassy works best, it's reliable, effective and fast.

awesome. yeah I bumped into a friendly private taxi driver who doubles as security down there once. for an undisclosed sum (can't remember, probably 100 Malaysian Ringgits) I bought an early number so I wasn't waiting hours! a little game you can play tomorrow: see who joins the queue last yet somehow gets served first!?! how did they do it!?!! :)

Does anyone know if people are facing the same problems at the Thai Embassy in Laos? I have just started using 2-3 month tourist visas again from the embassy in Laos and am going back in a week for my 2nd time. I have heard that the embassy in Laos will let people do it back to back and people have been doing that for years... anyone know if this is true?

I have heard it's no problem in Laos, but i would also like to hear if there are some problems there, as i will go for tourist visa there in a couple of months

pffffffff

What's new? Almost 2 years that the only place where they give Tourist visa easily is Vientiane in Laos, so I wonder why someone is still going to Penang ?!