Penang: Tourist Visa Rejected If Have 3 Tvisas Already...

i have just come back from kuala Lumpur,embassy no problem,even smiled which is a novelty these days.So i would advise going there,Air Asia out of Bangkok 3000 baht,just watch out for the taxi's the other side looks like they are trying to give the thai's a run for their money on the scams,But all in all as easy a trip as you could wish for.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for the brain trust. I got a tourist visa for Thailand in Singapore in spring 2008, after having gotten one in fall 2007. In each case I stayed close to the maximum permitted 90 days. In between I spent Christmas in my home country.

The second visa is stamped, "Permitted to get a visa in RTE (Royal Thai Embassy) in SGP (Singapore) only this time."

Since then I've been in and out of Thailand, Japan and some Western countries.

So: Do you think I'll have trouble getting another tourist visa in Singapore? Same passport as before.

Many thanks.

Edited by SiriusBlack1

Mistake going to New Banana Guesthouse. The Chinese owner (Eddie Chia) is a real prick and has pissed off the Thai Consulate who works on Monday's. It wouldn't surprise me if he's now blacklisted with the Thai who works Tue-Friday. Don't be fooled by Banana's "service oriented facade". My friend left a pen camera going on his backpack and caught one of the office workers (longer haired, missing a bunch of teeth) coming into his room and rifling through this stuff. If you're in Penang now and have been told this by the Banana just try a few others, possibly down by the Indian guys on Chulia. good luck. :)

Today i arrived at bana guesthouse and I was told when I gave them my passport, that since yesterday over 30 passports were rejected for tourist visa. The reason was stated as: If you have 3 Tourist Visa's already you have to fly in your own country to get another one. I was told this by staff of bananguesthouse and can not verify it.

I myself have 3 tourist visas (yeah, dam_n...) and tomorrow I will see whether I will get rejected too. I have a daughter and try to go for Non-O Visa (never did it, lets see...)

I just wanted everyone to know before you come here to penang, because here is a lot of chaos -farang wise. Some don't know where to go or what to do. People breaking down. I wonder why people can not fly/drive to Thailand and get the 15/30days.

Anyone has a idea whats going on? It started yesterday 21.07.2009.

pffffffff

There must be no any limit in tourist visa run!

what does it mean 3 TOURİST VİSAS and no more ??( 9 MOHNTS ? , 2+1 X 3 OR HOW???)

as i know , if you get 2 months tourist visa from the thai consololate in abroad

and you then you can get also one month extention in thailand from the immigration office..

then if you want stay another 3 months ,

you need only to go a thai consolate in abroad again and get

another 2 month tourist visa and 1 month extention.. you could do that as much as you can ..

NO LİMİT before... whats up now !!

is there a new rule from thai goverment again about tourist visa??

or is it a personally application only !!!

next year i can apply for retirement visa but will i do will till then ?? i need 1 year visa to stay..

i have just come back from kuala Lumpur,embassy no problem,even smiled which is a novelty these days.So i would advise going there,Air Asia out of Bangkok 3000 baht,just watch out for the taxi's the other side looks like they are trying to give the thai's a run for their money on the scams,But all in all as easy a trip as you could wish for.

Yes....the last time I was there 90% of the taxi's would not use the meter. :)

You could bargain on price after a while by getting to know the average fair from point to point.

WAKE UP guys and be honest. Most of us are not Tourist in the way Thailand want them. We are living here, some for a long time, means we know how things working, where to get cheap food and safe money....THATS what THEY dont like...another thing is we make Thaipeople ask questions and thats the worst you can do to the government in THailand.

I am also here on a tourist Visa atm. I am married but dont have the 400k on my bankaccount anymore....AM I STUPID?? how many Thaipeople do you know with more than 100k on a Bank, specially in times like that.

What do they care that we build houses here, bought cars, opened small businesses for our wifes and support the family in Isaan? The only thing they want is money.

Best solution: come to LOS give your money to the immigrationofficer at BKK Airport, turn around and p11s off They will love you for that!!

Penang Embassy is the last place I ever go again. Staff there is rude and unfriendly. If you are lucky you see a Thai around, most of them are locals, guess they make the decisions too. who gets a visa and who dont.

400k or 800k (unmarried)on a bank, 65k income a month?? ....do you see what the government want?

btw. I heard of offices which take care of all the visastuff incl. money for 20 to 25k ONLY .....good Taxfree income for the immi-officers AND you still save 25k for leaving the country every three month. :)

To all who stuck in Penang: Just take the next bus to Kuala Lumpur and get a tourist visa there. I am sure this will work. And the busses are nice. Good luck :)

Before you do that, read what member araiwhat posted a bit above. Try the indian guys in Chulia Road, if someone knows whats happend its them!

Some consulates don't like people traveling to Thailand a lot on tourist visa and can give a stamp in your passport saying that they will not further isue a tourist visa to you. That is the policy of the consul, not of the Thai government.

But maybe the consuls should remember who they are ultimately working for (Thai Government). Penang has always been a law unto itself.

...and the government, military, police and civil service should remember who they are ultimately working for (Thai people/tax-payers). But thats something that'll have to wait...Only when thats sorted out, things will move on.

(Ow! political satire-very risky- as Ben Elton used to say)

How many of you whiners are real tourist. If you have more than a few tourist visas back to back I would say you are not a tourist.

I know I know< I come here long time and spend big money and support family, then get a real visa for that purpose.

These threads are becoming laughable. Genuine holidaymakers do not normally need to get three consecutive 60 days tourist visas, especially not from the same consulate! The only people this will have any effect on, should not be on tourist visas in the first place.

Edited by inthepink

Go Thailand Go, drive more tourists away! Tourism only accounts for 6% of GDP (323.5 billion baht)......hmmmmm, guess they don't need us!

This is the typical attitude I often see on this site. Nothing is being done to stop genuine tourists from coming to Thailand for holidays. These regulations are to stop the farangs that have no, or very little money, from abusing the system and using consecutive tourist visas, to live and often work,illegally, in Thailand.

As an earlier post said about going to Singapore for visa ( no money)

Why should the Thai government allow farang with little or no money abuse the system and break the law?

Genuine tourist who came here for their holiday ae always welcomed and the Government has done many things to make it easier for them including waving the visa fees for tourists for the rest of the year.

the idea is "if you got enough money to get your sorry ass out of thailand and back to farand land then you can come back and get a new visa. get new farang cash and come back and spend it."
Maybe the idea is if you can go back to your own country and get a visa the you have passed a security check. It is just possible that a number of undesirables have chosen Thailand as a place to hole up. Saves work for the squeaky clean Thai Police.

Very true.

The guys with page after page of tourist visas are for the most part not tourists, but illegal workers IMO.

Get the proper visa for working/retiring in the country and you won't have these issues.

~WISteve

How many of you whiners are real tourist. If you have more than a few tourist visas back to back I would say you are not a tourist.

I know I know< I come here long time and spend big money and support family, then get a real visa for that purpose.

does it matter that who are real tourists and who are not !! real tourist stay 1-2 or 3 weeks , how much money "the real tourist" can spend in a short time in Thailand !!

yes you right : we stay much more longer and spend alot of money here , support family too...

if all farangs go back home someday ,

thais will return to the jungle back where they belong to... but apes are more

more faster then human being in jungle , they will be famished im afraid..

It's probably people like you they should be concentrating on getting rid of. I didn't realise anyone was that prehistoric in their attitudes these days.

So does this mean 3 visas total from all time periods/embassies in your passport? Or three in a row from Penang. I think they already cut you off in Penang after three in a row from them. Does anyone know?

And not everyone on consecutive tourist visas is working or being illegal. I am considering marrying a Thai man... but knowing what you know about all of the horror stories, would you fast-track a marriage in this situation? Or would you rather stick around a while and be sure before making that step? I make my money at home, and am renting an apartment in the meantime until we marry (maybe this fall). Yes there are divers and whatnot working illegally on 3,456 back to back tourist visas, but everyone has their own reason for being here longer than typical tourism. Not all of us are here stealing Thai jobs, money, being losers, or &lt;deleted&gt; off the system for kicks.

So does this mean 3 visas total from all time periods/embassies in your passport? Or three in a row from Penang. I think they already cut you off in Penang after three in a row from them. Does anyone know?

And not everyone on consecutive tourist visas is working or being illegal. I am considering marrying a Thai man... but knowing what you know about all of the horror stories, would you fast-track a marriage in this situation? Or would you rather stick around a while and be sure before making that step? I make my money at home, and am renting an apartment in the meantime until we marry (maybe this fall). Yes there are divers and whatnot working illegally on 3,456 back to back tourist visas, but everyone has their own reason for being here longer than typical tourism. Not all of us are here stealing Thai jobs, money, being losers, or &lt;deleted&gt; off the system for kicks.

what if get marry with a thai citizen as farang ?

how long visa do you get and how?

what if get marry with a thai citizen as farang ?

how long visa do you get and how?

It's an entirely different visa class than tourist visas. Try searching the forum for details. I am still learning about the marriage 'O' visa and not really clear on all the details yet and don't want to give you an incorrect answer. Unfortunately I only qualify for tourist visas at the present. I don't make tons of money, I am not retired, I am not in university anymore or here, and I don't have a job in Thailand. As far as I am aware (and don't quote me) there isn't really any other situation where one would qualify for anything other than a tourist visa in this case.

Every consulate makes own rules.

In Penang three years ago you got the Tourist visa stamp but also "never apply in Penang again".

There's to many "tourists" working in south of Thailand illegally.

They make problems for genuine tourist. :)

Genuine tourists go home. If you want to stay, you gotta' do the paperwork, me too. Bummer. Still Thailand is easier than many, if not most, other countries.

perfect answer for a stupid comment , tourists go back home , doesn't need a visa each time . :D well said

again i don't understand why anyone would be using penang for a visa run when Laos is so much closer and easier, last time i used it 2 years ago-not only did they give me a tourist visa, they gave me 2 entries! that is the only consulate outside my country that give me more than 1 entry, and staying in vietiene is so much nicer than staying in penang ; i love vientiene , now that i have a non-imm. visa i miss having to go there for my new tourist visa, oh well, next time i'll probably get rejected when i try to get a non-im.o so i guess i'll be back there getting a tourist visa soon enough..

nothing surprises me about thai consulate in penang.they are a law unto themselves.best to stay away from the place.I'm sure they make the rules up as they go along.

....when they are short on visa stickers again, a little tea money might help!

again i don't understand why anyone would be using penang for a visa run when Laos is so much closer and easier, last time i used it 2 years ago-not only did they give me a tourist visa, they gave me 2 entries! that is the only consulate outside my country that give me more than 1 entry, and staying in vietiene is so much nicer than staying in penang ; i love vientiene , now that i have a non-imm. visa i miss having to go there for my new tourist visa, oh well, next time i'll probably get rejected when i try to get a non-im.o so i guess i'll be back there getting a tourist visa soon enough..

agree 100%, why would anyone bother going to Penang or anywhere south these days, just fly up to Udon, cross the border the next day, get your visa in Vientiane, no worries whatsoever, and move on....the word has been out on Penang for over two years now, so why keep trying to push it? Vientiane is USER FRIENDLY, other places are not...wise up and move on.