187 Users........,

redrus

Anyone else ever noticed.....................

187 User(s) are browsing this forum (181 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

6 Members: redrus, balo, JacknDanny, rixalex, mrbojangles, sanmiguellight

Only 6 members.....!!!!!

Never noticed that before, how many people are just cruising. Care to start talking....? Take the plunge....?

redrus

Only 6 members.....!!!!!

Never noticed that before, how many people are just cruising. Care to start talking....? Take the plunge....?

I've noticed that occasionally. The last time was on the John Hartson thread and thought it slightly odd that so many could browse and yet not a post a get well wish or something. OK if someone never had never heard of the man or similar, but ...

Still, on another website, other than tv , I noticed similar for the 2009 New Year greetings where only the regulars reciprocated the wishes.

But as she sometimes reminds me : "took khon mai meuan gan" -- everyone's not the same. :)

Yeah, I know TV is pretty well thought of and used and, has a fair amount of members, just didn't realise we had so many looking in here. I took that total from the forum main page, not from a thread.

Could be turned into a good thing if we can get some in. The majority of users we have in here are all good and we mostly get good, rational discussion..... :)

redrus

Yeah, I know TV is pretty well thought of and used and, has a fair amount of members, just didn't realise we had so many looking in here. I took that total from the forum main page, not from a thread.

Could be turned into a good thing if we can get some in. The majority of users we have in here are all good and we mostly get good, rational discussion..... :D:)

Beware of what you wish for -- there may be some Millwall amongst them. :D

PS

It's not like football supporters aren't renowned for talking absolute <deleted> or anything. :D

Edited by Happy Hammer

Apparently it's Spiders from search engines. Don't ask me any more, cos I don't know. :)

I get what you mean.

A program that automatically fetches Web pages. Spiders are used to feed pages to search engines. It's called a spider because it crawls over the Web. Another term for these programs is webcrawler.

Because most Web pages contain links to other pages, a spider can start almost anywhere. As soon as it sees a link to another page, it goes off and fetches it. Large search engines, like Alta Vista, have many spiders working in parallel.

Is that true though, of our footy forum................

Jockstar, can George or Admin shed anymore light on this.................. Are we all still alone in here, separated from the *rest of TV like the scum that we are.............. :D

redrus

*edit

Edited by redrus

Only 6 members.....!!!!!

been reading this forum for a few years now and i just couldn't be bothered to register as well... til this week.

Only 6 members.....!!!!!

been reading this forum for a few years now and i just couldn't be bothered to register as well... til this week.

Fair enough.

Well its nice to know you're here bangla, hopefully see more of you about now.... :) Maybe introduce yourself in the sticky, tell us who you support, where you're from etc.?

redrus

Could be turned into a good thing if we can get some in. The majority of users we have in here are all good and we mostly get good, rational discussion..... :D

Im quite looking forwarding to the bickering and arguing that will inevitably come once the season starts. :)

Haha, its all a bit boring in close season, usually is. Not long to go now though...... August 15th for the Premiership, even earlier for the lower leagues and Jockland.... :D

redrus

Some of us have to turn up to Wembley on the 9th August Red....... :D

LOL

That'll be nice as we didn't fookin turn up in Rome....! :)

To be fair, you were never really given a chance to turn-up. You were beaten by football, pure and simple. Th beautiful game as I've not seen it played at that level for decades. :D

Although it's fair to say Barca had been playing better football on occasions in La Liga all last season. Long may beauty over the ugly triumph in the Spanish league and beyond next season also.

^

Game would've been totally different had we converted chances in the first ten minutes and, having gone a goal down, they totally outplayed us and, we showed no bottle.

redrus

^

Game would've been totally different had we converted chances in the first ten minutes and, having gone a goal down, they totally outplayed us and, we showed no bottle.

Hmm. At least RT Ponting just leaves it at, we were outplayed and all else is irrelevant. :)

It would have been a travesty and a dark day for football should there have been any other result in that match.

^

Hmm. At least RT Ponting just leaves it at, we were outplayed and all else is irrelevant. :D

It would have been a travesty and a dark day for football should there have been any other result in that match.

After a certain amount of time I agree with you though, not you nor anyone else can ever tell me what kind of game it would have been had United converted one of those early chances. We may have gone on to play the same game Barca did, we are more than capable of it.

I agree that after 90 minutes any other winner would have been wrong.

The outcome is there, I can't argue that FACT. (although if you give time and alcohol) :)

redrus

After a certain amount of time I agree with you though, not you nor anyone else can ever tell me what kind of game it would have been had United converted one of those early chances. We may have gone on to play the same game Barca did, we are more than capable of it. :)

"If this or that decision hadn't gone against us." "If Lee had been fit."" The old Australia team of Warne, McGrath , etc, etc."

:D

After a certain amount of time I agree with you though, not you nor anyone else can ever tell me what kind of game it would have been had United converted one of those early chances. We may have gone on to play the same game Barca did, we are more than capable of it. :D

"If this or that decision hadn't gone against us." "If Lee had been fit."" The old Australia team of Warne, McGrath , etc, etc."

I've not mentioned an "if", not once.

I'm also not Australian......... :)

I'm sure there's a more on topic thread for us to continue this though mate.... :D

redrus

After a certain amount of time I agree with you though, not you nor anyone else can ever tell me what kind of game it would have been had United converted one of those early chances. We may have gone on to play the same game Barca did, we are more than capable of it. :D

I've not mentioned an "if", not once.

I'm also not Australian......... :)

I know that you're not an Aussie. Just drawing a topical analogy. :D

I'm sure there's a more on topic thread for us to continue this though mate....

Is there an Ashes thread anywhere then ? Last time I looked I couldn't see one. Love to rub it in on that score to our ex-colonial friends. :D

Is there an Ashes thread anywhere then ? Last time I looked I couldn't see one. Love to rub it in on that score to our ex-colonial friends. :D

I reckon the Auzzies will have started one, only for it to drop from sight for some reason...... :)

redrus