Koh Chang Recommendations

ChiangMai2

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in Koh Chang?

5 of us are going down from Chiang Mai next week, Me, the wife, daughter and 2 maids so ideally we need either a large family suite with two bedrooms or two rooms near to each other. I am looking for something modern / boutique style, on a beach ( room with sea view ) that is very quiet and safe for a 3 year old also with a swimming pool either private or shared. Budget is around 10k per night. I've looked at a few websites and can't see anything that stands out. So if anyone has any personal experience I would love to hear from you..

We will also possibly stay for a night or two on Koh Mak, I've ear marked the Koh Mak resort for those days but again if anyone can make recommendations based on experience I would be grateful to hear about those too. Is Koh Mak even worth a visit?

Kind regards

CM2

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in Koh Chang?

5 of us are going down from Chiang Mai next week, Me, the wife, daughter and 2 maids so ideally we need either a large family suite with two bedrooms or two rooms near to each other. I am looking for something modern / boutique style, on a beach ( room with sea view ) that is very quiet and safe for a 3 year old also with a swimming pool either private or shared. Budget is around 10k per night. I've looked at a few websites and can't see anything that stands out. So if anyone has any personal experience I would love to hear from you..

We will also possibly stay for a night or two on Koh Mak, I've ear marked the Koh Mak resort for those days but again if anyone can make recommendations based on experience I would be grateful to hear about those too. Is Koh Mak even worth a visit?

Kind regards

CM2

Sea View....been staying there for nearly 8 years, every time I go to Koh Chang, have a look at the website might be what you are looking for

Why not book two brand new 100sqm pool villas on the beach for 2,200 baht/night each - including breakfast?

One for the maid and kids, one for yourself and then you still have over 5,000 baht/day from your 10K budget for beer & seafood.

See: New Siam Bay Pool Villas, Kai Bae Beach

The only stand alone villa to rent is Inspiration on Pearl Beach - you could get that for 10,000 / night at this time of year. On over 1 Rai of land by the sea, huge garden, pool, can sleep up to 8. See: Inspiration Villa Info & Photos

Why not book two brand new 100sqm pool villas on the beach for 2,200 baht/night each - including breakfast?

One for the maid and kids, one for yourself and then you still have over 5,000 baht/day from your 10K budget for beer & seafood.

See: New Siam Bay Pool Villas, Kai Bae Beach

The only stand alone villa to rent is Inspiration on Pearl Beach - you could get that for 10,000 / night at this time of year. On over 1 Rai of land by the sea, huge garden, pool, can sleep up to 8. See: Inspiration Villa Info & Photos

Thanks for that, very interesting! I take it iamkohchang is your site ?

Just out of interest is http://www.kohchangpoolvillas.com/ the same place as your link above? The villas look different on the two sites but I think they might be from the same company?

Is one location better than the other or are they both the same? The reason being is the beach and suites look nicer on http://www.kohchangpoolvillas.com/ but they could just be more recent pictures? Any idea?

Regards CM2

Yes, the iamkohchang site is mine.

The pool villas are at Siam Beach Resort on Lonely Beach. These are also pretty good but more expensive and smaller than the ones at Siam Bay. But the resorts are owned by the same person.

The beach at Siam Beach Resort is nicer. But bear in mind tnhat at this time of year you wont be doing much swimming in the sea and the beaches are a bit of a mess with all the debris washed up by storms. The sun has been shining for the past 3 days but the sea is still pretty rough.