Will I Get Another 3 Months?

My one year non-im B visa will be expire next month. I got two workpermits, so the extention should not be a problem, however my question is: if I go outside the country now and come back as I did every 3 months, will immigration grant me 3 additional months for my existing visa, or they will just allow me to stay till the expiration date? Thanks for any information, especially from personal experience.

If you depart Thailand and reenter with a valid non-immigrant visa - even if you enter Thailand one day before the visa expires - you will receive a 90 day entry permit upon entering Thailand.

If the visa has expired before you reenter, then you either need to go get a fresh non-immigrant visa, or you will just receive a 30 day "entry on arrival." If you get this type of entry permit, you will be unableto revalidate your work permits, and they will be canelled.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I've heard two conflicting cases of this scenario.

In one, the visa holder was granted a further 90 days a few days before the expiry of the validity of said visa - Chong Chom.

In the other, the visa holder was granted only 3 days (until the end of his visa validity) - Aranyapratet.

So I guess the answer is "there is no answer".

In one, the visa holder was granted a further 90 days a few days before the expiry of the validity of said visa - Chong Chom.

In the other, the visa holder was granted only 3 days (until the end of his visa validity) - Aranyapratet.

Can only assume on the 3 day entry but it would appear he may not have been allowed normal entry and given 3 days to leave the country rather than allowed visa entry. Are we sure he was not on a extension of stay perhaps and in that case would have only been given entry until his re entry permit date? Indo-Siam replay is correct so this had to have very extenuating circumstances.

Can only assume on the 3 day entry but it would appear he may not have been allowed normal entry and given 3 days to leave the country rather than allowed visa entry.  Are we sure he was not on a extension of stay perhaps and in that case would have only been given entry until his re entry permit date?  Indo-Siam replay is correct so this had to have very extenuating circumstances.

He was holding a one year multy entry based upon his marriage to a Thai; I believe it was obtained in the UK (British passport holder). There may have been other circumstances of which I am unaware but I don't believe so.

However, I agree that this was more than likely a rogue situation as I have not heard of such a happening since (the example was about 3 years ago).

Can only assume on the 3 day entry but it would appear he may not have been allowed normal entry and given 3 days to leave the country rather than allowed visa entry. Are we sure he was not on a extension of stay perhaps and in that case would have only been given entry until his re entry permit date? Indo-Siam replay is correct so this had to have very extenuating circumstances.