Motocross Kanjanaburi

rickgyles

Hi I work in BKK and got 35 Rai in Sai Yok Yai we are going to build a Motocross Track end of July beginning of August on 20 rai. I got a YZ125 YZ250 and a YZ250F if anybody is interested to join, help or just visit, just send me a mail always got a spare room to stay and food to eat .

It is around 200Km West from BKK just before National Park Sai Yok Yai, direct on the 232 road to Burma.

It is like Chiang rai but very close to BKK.

If somebody want to come just call 0892194869 or PM I speak English German and Thai.

Enjoy

take care

Rick

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rick,

Sounds great mate, :) i'll be up for visiting for a day out and having a burn, as i'm sure a few other lads from town will.

Is it going to be a weekend project or full time?

But i would tell people it's on the post-62796-1248714974.jpg road to Burma, as they won't be able to find yer! :D

Best of luck and i'll see yer soon

Boycie

Dear Gentlemen,

Beers needed?? :)

Rick,i'll meet you and your mates Thurs 06/08 ,Friday 07/08...is it fine ?

Will give you a call if i don't find the way ,(i've been lost one time around this area... :D )

cheers

Hi Rick,

Do you mean we can hire the bikes? Id love to come but havent got a bike here in Thailand, only in the UK

Im looking to go to Kanchanaburi again anyway, i'd like to visit

I hope to hear from you soon

Craig

Hi I work in BKK and got 35 Rai in Sai Yok Yai we are going to build a Motocross Track end of July beginning of August on 20 rai. I got a YZ125 YZ250 and a YZ250F if anybody is interested to join, help or just visit, just send me a mail always got a spare room to stay and food to eat .

It is around 200Km West from BKK just before National Park Sai Yok Yai, direct on the 232 road to Burma.

If somebody want to come just call 0892194869 or PM I speak English German and Thai.

Enjoy

take care

Rick

These photos where taken 04-DEC-2005 in Kan Town on the big field near the Stadium.

large.jpg

large.jpg

No rain at that time of the year so the drivers had to it themselves

original.jpg

Have a good one folks in Sai Yok Yai :D Play safe and sound as the nearest hospital is miles away in Kan Town :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Hi not doing it for the money at the moment, but ofcause every help welkome, the Track will cost me 130000 for the Macro and guy who is doing it will be Wow wow, hehe, but also good for beginners and junior as we making 2 Tracks. next week will post some photos.

I got 3 bikes so if sombody don't have a bike can use one of my one at the moment.

we are in Sai Yoke that weekend. Frank alnd John are there aswell as more people as more fun.

hope to see you soon, biker need to stick together.

Take care

Rick

Is this track still going?

My previous bikes have been a CRF250, KXF250, CR250, KTM300EXC and so on, so like the good ones :) Is there anywhere like this i can rent a bike and all the kit while i'm over there?

Thanks

yes give me call

regards

Rick

rickandgary.jpg

RampSaiyok1.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

Hi Rick,

I found this link in the bike forum.

The track looks great, I've been looking for something like this for ages as I work in BKK and I've been looking for some mx or enduro at the weekends. Let me know the dates when it's convenient to come and meet you all and check out the track. If bikes/safety gear are for rent then I'd like to do a few laps as well if possible, I've been riding mx for many years, but not since 2006 so it would be really good to get a few laps under my belt.

Hi Rick,

I found this link in the bike forum.

The track looks great, I've been looking for something like this for ages as I work in BKK and I've been looking for some mx or enduro at the weekends. Let me know the dates when it's convenient to come and meet you all and check out the track. If bikes/safety gear are for rent then I'd like to do a few laps as well if possible, I've been riding mx for many years, but not since 2006 so it would be really good to get a few laps under my belt.

Hi Jonny,

I work in BKK aswell and normaly I'm on the weekend in Sai Yok,

bike is not a prob I just ordert one more YZ250, Gear I can give you a phne No. of my friend who make the Gear here in Thailand, sure he make you a good deal Stuff is Great I use it since 3 years.

His name is Doron 0816322630 he is going to come next weekend aswell

take care

Rick

Hi Rick

Nice place, will try and get up sometime. Do you get your bikes locally in Thailand as I am looking for one....any 250 will do. I also noticed in one of your pics you have a childs mini bike, I have been searching everywhere for one for my son, do you have any details where one can be found?

Cheers

Ace

Hi Rick

Nice place, will try and get up sometime. Do you get your bikes locally in Thailand as I am looking for one....any 250 will do. I also noticed in one of your pics you have a childs mini bike, I have been searching everywhere for one for my son, do you have any details where one can be found?

Cheers

Ace

Yes any time welcome,

what bike you want 4 stroke or 2 stroke?

I order from the States as most bikes in Thailand are very bad maintained they just patch it up all the time.

I stick with Yamaha as Honda got lots of problems with the Valves on 4 strokes and don't make 2 strokes any more.

The 50cc is between 10000 and 20000 depending on condition, I got it for my daughter but she doesn’t want to ride.

Take care

Rick

Hi Rick

Cheers

Ace

Yes any time welcome,

what bike you want 4 stroke or 2 stroke?

I order from the States as most bikes in Thailand are very bad maintained they just patch it up all the time.

I stick with Yamaha as Honda got lots of problems with the Valves on 4 strokes and don't make 2 strokes any more.

The 50cc is between 10000 and 20000 depending on condition, I got it for my daughter but she doesn’t want to ride.

Take care

Rick

Thanks Rick

2 or 4 stroke, not really bothered its just something for a bit of fun on....do you know of any going?

Regarding the 50cc, do you have any contacts of where I may be able to buy one for my son, I would want a decent one (something safe, with a restriction on the throttle).

Hope to catch up sometime.

Ace

Thanks Rick

2 or 4 stroke, not really bothered its just something for a bit of fun on....do you know of any going?

Regarding the 50cc, do you have any contacts of where I may be able to buy one for my son, I would want a decent one (something safe, with a restriction on the throttle).

Hope to catch up sometime.

Ace

Hi Ace,

just give me a call

sure can get you somthing,

if you want you can try my 50 it got restriction on the Throttle. no point to buy before you know your kid realy like it.

hope to hjear from you soon.

Rick

Hi Rick, it looks great. Can we´ll meet you in a few month in Kan. I know that area pretty good, worked at the Yandana pipe. I also know Doron from UMX. In CNX he stays in same hotel and 2 or 3 local races we did. We organsize www.off-roadtours.de in CNX area and I want come back to Kan again with my dirtbiketours. Of course, we don´t want to use your track for free. Icontact you, when we´re back in TL.

C U

Harry

Hi Rick, it looks great. Can we´ll meet you in a few month in Kan. I know that area pretty good, worked at the Yandana pipe. I also know Doron from UMX. In CNX he stays in same hotel and 2 or 3 local races we did. We organsize www.off-roadtours.de in CNX area and I want come back to Kan again with my dirtbiketours. Of course, we don´t want to use your track for free. Icontact you, when we´re back in TL.

C U

Harry

Hi harry,

Yes of cause you are welcome,

all the feedback I had so far made me think to open here a Motocross and Enduro Resort, I'm going to have about 10 bikes for Rent and 5-10 Bungalows, in European standard for fair prices so we all can have fun.

Ulli Strecker is coming end of September as well he was German Stadium Cross Champion in 1989 hope he can teach me some things.

I think there are a lot of people who got the Virus off-road bikes, I think once you got it there is no cure, hehe thank god.

Take care

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Had such a great time this wend in Sai Yok Yai! Thanks Rick! Uploading the very 1st videos (poor quality but it gives a fair idea) as well as a Facebook page with pics of the track...

Give me few days... Ill do that at my work ;-)

( hey boss if u read this im jokin....) Well... actually Im not :-P

post-88187-1252854587_thumb.jpg

post-88187-1252854964_thumb.jpg

Hi Rick, this Yasaswi from India jus saw ur mess I would like to come down at your place to ride can u arrange me a bike and I need a info reg motocross spares and tires where do i get spares and tires in Thailand abd which is best place for motocross in thailand can pls reply me waiting for reply bye tc and thankyou

Hi Rick, this Yasaswi from India jus saw ur mess I would like to come down at your place to ride can u arrange me a bike and I need a info reg motocross spares and tires where do i get spares and tires in Thailand abd which is best place for motocross in thailand can pls reply me waiting for reply bye tc and thankyou

Yes no prob just let me know when you want to come.

take care

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy

take care

Rick

Hi,

Ricky how u doin thank you for the reply hey do u give motocross training too as my friend is interested in training if so pls give me the details with bike rent, accomdation, food and how many days training pls le me kno waiting for reply

regards,

Yasaswi

Edited by yasaswi

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

Any updates for the track. I will be coming to Thailand in December and I'm looking for some active holiday and I love motocross and it would be really great to do it since here in Germany the season is now finish as you know.

Also do you have the possibility to explore the nature? Because I also like enduro Tours and my wife and I are also interested in doing some trekking.

As for accommodation I don't expected to get everything for free so just let me know by pm how much it would be for one week with the use of 1 bike on 3 days.

Regards

Hi ,

Any updates for the track. I will be coming to Thailand in December and I'm looking for some active holiday and I love motocross and it would be really great to do it since here in Germany the season is now finish as you know.

Also do you have the possibility to explore the nature? Because I also like enduro Tours and my wife and I are also interested in doing some trekking.

As for accommodation I don't expected to get everything for free so just let me know by pm how much it would be for one week with the use of 1 bike on 3 days.

Regards

Hi no Prob you can come,

we are in prozess to build the first Bungalow and open the Restaurant with Snooker and Karaoke,

should be ready beginning of December.

we have a lot of places to go to like waterfalls Hotspring, Hefirepass Death Railway, Elawan, Mae Kamen, sai yok nationalpark, River kwai, Sinakarin Dam.

So you want get bord not only Motocross.

will post some new Photos this weekend

take care

Rick