Motocross Kanjanaburi

rickgyles

i think your idea for a MX park is great and would like to check the place out next year.

its good to see such a good set up in thailand

thanks for the support,

here some photos of the first Bungalow and Ulli in action :)PIC_0151.jpg

PIC_0196.jpg

PIC_0218.jpg

Edited by rickgyles

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rick,

that´s Harry from Chiang-Mai. I´ve met Doron at the Tung Sio MX yesterday and he advice me, not to forget to contact you in Kan.

I don´t when we come to Kan this year, but your track ist still on the list. If you stil have relationship to Germany, this week my report about Kanchanaburi endurotours are in the MOTORRAD 5/2010. Maybe you can get 1, here´s the small online "Vorgucker" http://www.motorradonline.de/de/heft/motor...-2010-05/288070

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Harry,

sure any time welcome Doron told me that he talked to you,

first Bungalow should be finished in the next 2 weeks I will post some Photos.

would be great if you can come then we can make some Enduro Trails,

take care

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Is anyone interested of having a time of life?

I have just finished a little tour at Rick's place.

All over my expectations, this place gonna be wicked!

If you have a few days over in Thai and start to be bored at party and normal tourism activities this

is something for YOU!

The resort is still under construction but give Rick (the owner) a call, he's very friendly and will work out a plan if your up to having fun!

(If anyone is swedish and interested I can write more info in Swedish by mail.)

I can't wait to get back there one day...

Keep Up the good work guys! :)

/David

• 1 month later...

HEY RICK

Thank you once more so much for this great weekend in Sai yok. The track is great, challenging and well maintained. What an eye opener riding the Yamaha 250 2stroke- this Bike is a beast!

Hope to come back soon!

see you on the track.

Mike

Hey people: if you are into serious offroad and motocross action- check this place out!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just came back from Rick's House at Kanchanaburi.

Such a fantastic place, riding in the morning and evening when it is not too hot and relaxing during the day.

And after a good dinner end the day with a short trip to hindad hot springs, for a relaxing bath in the hot waters

This time I still stayed at Ricks house but their first bungalow is nearly finished and I am looking forward to staying there the next time I come. It is really nice, deluxe style and with a very big and beautiful bathroom with a rain shower.

Here is a picture of the bungalow and the hot springs

Thanks again for the great time Rick

Bungalow

DSC01089.jpg

Hot Springs

hindad1.jpg

Hi,

I have a 7yr old boy who wants a bike and this would be a good way to see if he was serious about it without buying one. Do you have everything for a 7yr old and how far from Sai Yok Yai are you and are you visible from the road or sign posted.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a 7yr old boy who wants a bike and this would be a good way to see if he was serious about it without buying one. Do you have everything for a 7yr old and how far from Sai Yok Yai are you and are you visible from the road or sign posted.

Thanks.

Yes you are right it is better to let him test first a bid.

I got Helmet and gear and a 50cc QR50. You can come anytime you want. I'm normally every Friday until Sunday there as my daughter goes to school during the week in BKK.

But would be good, if you can get him some boots or good shoes as I don't have them for the kids at the moment.

I'm about 5 KM before Sai Yok Yai. on the right side when you come from Kanchanaburi.

it is a big orange building with a green Roof. and a free style Ramp. About 1 km before the Sai Yok Yai Hospital.

you can give me a call any time at 0892194869, my daughter is 8 years old and got allways a lot of friends around at the weekend so your boy should enjoy.

Also this weekend we should have a few guys coming up as well. So looks like we got a good time this weekend again.

Take care

Rick

• 1 month later...

Dear Rick,

Looks like an interesting alternative. Would like to come over someday but its a bit far for me from Pattaya/Rayong. We have a few tracks down here but I am new to the scene. I am intereted in motocross/enduro and I am looking to buy a bike.

Can you help me in the right direction for this?

What kind of bike would you suggest to buy?

Are there any reknown shops and where do you normally get your bikes?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Jarno

post-51279-005953500 1280370883_thumb.jp

Dear Rick,

Looks like an interesting alternative. Would like to come over someday but its a bit far for me from Pattaya/Rayong. We have a few tracks down here but I am new to the scene. I am intereted in motocross/enduro and I am looking to buy a bike.

Regards,

Jarno

Hi Jarno,

Yes sure can help you, there are a lot of bikes about but there is a lot of Junk here aswell.

Of Hand I know that Phil want to sell his YZF250 2003 for 70000Baht and Doron his YZF250 2009 for 180000Baht but there are much more about.

you can just give me a call 0892194869.

take care

Rick

post-51279-070623800 1280370130_thumb.jppost-51279-049820200 1280370228_thumb.jppost-51279-088434000 1280370342_thumb.jppost-51279-053720100 1280370535_thumb.jppost-51279-028605100 1280370767_thumb.jppost-51279-005953500 1280370883_thumb.jp

Dear Rick,

Regards,

Jarno

Hi Jarno,

Yes sure can help you, there are a lot of bikes about but there is a lot of Junk here aswell.

Of Hand I know that Phil want to sell his YZF250 2003 for 70000Baht and Doron his YZF250 2009 for 180000Baht but there are much more about.

take care

Rick

post-51279-070623800 1280370130_thumb.jppost-51279-049820200 1280370228_thumb.jppost-51279-088434000 1280370342_thumb.jppost-51279-053720100 1280370535_thumb.jppost-51279-028605100 1280370767_thumb.jppost-51279-005953500 1280370883_thumb.jp

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answer.

I am in Holland at the moment. I will call you when I get back to Thailand in 2 weeks.

Are new bikes not for sale? You seem to be prefering Yamaha. Are spare parts readily available?

Regards,

Jarno

Dear Rick,

Regards,

Jarno

Hi Jarno,

take care

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answer.

I am in Holland at the moment. I will call you when I get back to Thailand in 2 weeks.

Are new bikes not for sale? You seem to be prefering Yamaha. Are spare parts readily available?

Regards,

Jarno

Hi Jarno,

ok just give me a call when you are here.

Yes you can get new bikes aswell, price is a round 270 000Baht maybe less somtimes.

I got Yamaha as Yamaha is an easy bike to Fix and one of the last with 2 Stroke.

Honda's kill the valves every few month and I want to ride more then fixing the bikes.

You can get any Brand you want here, it is up to you Partys are available here aswell but I normaly order in USA only take a week to come and it is cheaper.

take care

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Before I go oftopic.. The part of the track that I have seen looks great! keep up the good work, I might just visit some day.

And now for the question: How does the importing of a bike work? Because I won't settle for some Japanese bike, I need Austrian muscle! ;)

The bike I'm looking for is a 450 SX-F(~$7,998),a 250 SX(~$6,598) or the new 350 SX-F(don't know the price yet, but I guess it's about the same as a 450.)

How big is the import tax? What kind papers have to be fixed/signed while the bike is imported?

Do you know any good company who sell KTM in the US or in Austria?:rolleyes: And What about Shipping? Prices etc.

Got any clue? I would be really happy if you(or someone else) could help me out with this little problem.

Thank's and good luck with your motor-park!

Greetings from Daniel in Buri Ram.

Edited by Dead

In the weekend of 6-7-8 august 2010 i was at the motocross track in Kanjanaburi.

I was looking on the internet about a mx track in Thailand.

Google send me to the page of Ricky ( the owner of the track )

During my backpack adventure in Thailand i called Rick and ask him if i can visit his track.

That was no problem and he has also a sleeping place.

The track is very nice its a supercross track with jumps not to dangerous but not easy to jump.

Double jumps , whoops, fast corners a very hard pack track.

He has a YZ 85cc , YZ 144, YZ 250 2 stroke and a 250 4stroke.

I try the 144 and the 250 2 stroke and i have a lot of fun on these bike's they running great!

Rick is a good person he said to me: Feel like youre home. So that was really good for my, a had my own big room.

And great Thai spicy food over there.

My weekend at rick's place was great!

He is planning / maby already starting to build another big track thats great.

Now im already back in Holland and want to go back soon!

Rick thanks again for the great weekend of riding ,eating, and hanging out. Also thanks to Phil from Australia and Ceriel from Corsica.

Greetz from Holland

Chris de Graaf

Edited by mx123

Rick,

I am thinking to come over form Rayong this weekend but still think it is quite a drive.

How long is it from Bangkok to your track?

Do you have a map or an accurate description?

Thanks,

Jarno

Hi Jarno,

from BKK it is about 220Km

I normaly drive on the 346 untill the end then turn left on the 324 untill big traffic light turn right direction Sai Yok on the 323 what follows about 90Km to my place.

it is after Sai Yok Noi (big Police check point) 30KM on the right side big orange white building with green Roof and freestyle Ramp next to it.

the Rd 323 is very nice and can drive easy 100plus all the time.

I normaly take 2-3 hrs normal driving.

this weekend Seril and Phil are riding in Pattaya, Bang Chen but I'm there so you are wellcome any time.

take care

Rick

Hi Jarno,

from BKK it is about 220Km

I normaly drive on the 346 untill the end then turn left on the 324 untill big traffic light turn right direction Sai Yok on the 323 what follows about 90Km to my place.

it is after Sai Yok Noi (big Police check point) 30KM on the right side big orange white building with green Roof and freestyle Ramp next to it.

the Rd 323 is very nice and can drive easy 100plus all the time.

I normaly take 2-3 hrs normal driving.

this weekend Seril and Phil are riding in Pattaya, Bang Chen but I'm there so you are wellcome any time.

take care

Rick

Hi Rick,

I met both Phil and Seril this weekend. Great guys...

I have been riding Phil's bike in Ban Chang on saturday during the day and briefly met Seril during the night.

Thanks for putting me in contact with them,,this will make finding my way into the Thailand motocross world a lot easier....

I will be travelling the coming weeks but after that I will surely try to visit your place, probably with Phil, asap.

Regards,

Jarno

• 3 months later...

Rick.....

Dude.... your track rules. Thanks for the GREAT experience. I really appriciate the bike rentals and the gear that you provided for us big Americans. It worked all very well. I can't wait to come back to your track. For all those who go... its a PRO track but us beginners were taught and were well provided for. Rick, you're the man!!! Anyone who's looking for a great day of riding, call him!!! Track is about 3 hours outside of Bangkok but WELL worth the trip, even it's for only the day. Again, thanks Rick..... see you again next month.

post-118641-0-36955200-1291487298_thumb.

post-118641-0-19469300-1291487435_thumb.

post-118641-0-44082600-1291487628_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Rick,

I've been trying to find a track closest to Bangkok and stumbled on this forum.

I've been riding Enduro around Chiang Mai and Laos but really want to start motocross! very soon!

D'you know of any tracks closer to Bkk? I've read that your track is pretty challenging and was hoping you'd have advice on where to start as a beginner to track motocross.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you soon,

Regards

Mike Cole

Bangkok

Hi Mike,

Yes there are a few tracks in BKK like SAMKOK and a few more can't rem the names

my track is not easy but good to start aswell we got 2 tracks now one is for practice conering without jumpsand the supercross one, You don't need to Jump all of the Jumps and stil have a great time.

I'm in process making a 3rd one now but as my company in BKK use up a lot of my time, I'm not sure when it is going to be finished.

I didn't reply latly as I just got a new baby boy on the 18th of Jan so sorry to everybody not putting new Photos and vidios on but I will try to make it soon.

If you want to join one weekend to come up let me know I normaly go every Friday around 4-5 a clock

you can call me at 0892194869

Hi Rick,

I've been trying to find a track closest to Bangkok and stumbled on this forum.

I've been riding Enduro around Chiang Mai and Laos but really want to start motocross! very soon!

D'you know of any tracks closer to Bkk? I've read that your track is pretty challenging and was hoping you'd have advice on where to start as a beginner to track motocross.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you soon,

Regards

Mike Cole

Bangkok

• 2 months later...

A few weeks ago I finally made it up to Sai Yok and had a great weekend. Rick's place is very nice and off course Rick himself is a great host. Like mentioned by others, the track is slightly difficult but even with only 6 months of riding experience I could do most of it. If the track is too easy there is nothing to be learned either...I really enjoyed riding there. I will have to go back to master the complete track though. Besides the supercross track there is the cycle/cornering track which is quite nice to ride as well. As a beginner I should probably have spent more time there to improve my technique. The area where Rick is located is very nice. It is a tourist area with lots of places to go sightseeing, relax or engage in outdoor activities. I can highly recommend the place to any motocross or enduro lovers. Whether you want to ride all day or just want to do a bit of that and spend more time doing other things with friends or family, a good time can be had.....

Regards,

Jarno

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rick,

similar to Mike I stumbled over your posts in search of some weekend activity close to Bkk. I went during the past few years to ride leisurly offroad in CM and if you don't mind I'll give you call...

Cheers,

Matt

Dear Rick

Thanks once more for the great time at your place. The bikes are in top conditions and so powerful. I'm sure and convinced that many more riders, be it beginners or advanced, will come up and enjoy the track and the beautiful environment all the while having a blast of a time. :thumbsup: After a long day, the hot springs were the right thing to get all relaxed and pumped at the same time for the next day riding :D

See ya back on the track very soon!

Michael

post-106283-0-21586200-1305178392_thumb.

post-106283-0-87711200-1305179314_thumb.

post-106283-0-87949600-1305179741_thumb.

post-106283-0-68158900-1305179896_thumb.

Edited by BLACKFLAG

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Rick last weekend. He's really a great host and his equipment/bikes are top maintained.

Apart from the Super X track which is at his house there are a lot of opportunities to ride offroad around the rural area.

Rick, dont't forget to call me once you find a nice offroad track to Erawan, I will definately join!

Cheers,

Matt

• Like 1

• 4 months later...