Maxnet, Smtp (outgoing Mail) Not Working

Bric

Since using Maxnet, the so called 3MB service at THB 590/month, I cannot send any mails through my Outlook 2003. I use the SMTP server smtp.tttmaxnet.com and in the extended settings (SMTP) 25.

Is there anything which I can do or do I need to change my provider?

Thanks.

Bric

Email removed per forum rules (spam protection)

bric,

i had the same issue with maxnet after switching to premier, and after much frustration it turned out maxnet has some sort of lock on my isp (thanks dumbubba!). a thai friend called, and they fixed it immediately. check with tt&t before trying all the possible other solutions.

chris

I also had the same problem with TOT. Turned out they were blocking the normal SMTP port. My e-mail provider gave me an alternative port and it has worked perfectly ever since.

Chris

I use the SMTP server smtp.tttmaxnet.com

I have had various problems with SMTP server in the past.

If you are using an email address for your Reply-To / From address other than the one that was assigned to you by Maxnet when you signed up this could be at least part of the problem, they could be filtering your outgoing email based on the domain name, I have come across it as an anti spam measure in the past, BT in the UK do this on my home account. To allow me to use email from one or more of my hosted domain names I needed to call them up and have them specifically allow email from my domain names. This solved the problem for me. It will be worth checking this with them if you are not using the ISP assigned email adddress.

As you are using Maxnets own SMTP server it is unlikely they are blocking port 25 although I have come across ISPs who do block port 25 if you attempt to connect to any other SMTP server apart from their own.

User of Maxnet can use the smtp.tttmaxnet.com with authentication.

On the tab where you type in the SMTP server, click on additional settings and check "SMTP needs authentication" and "log in with"

(or Descriptions like this, I'm not sure because I'm using German Windows).

If you made an upgrade from Indy to Premier before, maybe you find your Indy-Login here, then you have to type in the new one for Premier.