Visa friendly consulates

Guest IT Manager
I am British, currently in Japan, the Thai Embassy here may not be very Visa Friendly, can i mail my passport to a more Visa friendly consulate that accepts postal applicaions outside of Japan?

What makes an embassy or consul not friendly? Why do you suspect they may have an issue to discuss with you? What sort of visa are you asking for tyhat can cause such fear and trepidation as to stay in Jpan illegally while you get a visa from elsewhere across the seas?

Embassy or consul can be 'un-friendly'.

To apply for visas for ex. in BKK can be a pain in the neck. In my experience, PRC and ROC in BKK are a disaster. They want too many papers, explanations etc. OK, to get it more easily, I go to another country, where the visa-service is done within 2 hours or, if in a hurry, you can wait. Costs extra of course.

In the past, when I needed a visa for Thailand, I went to a small Thai hon consul-office, they are happy to get the business, not true for the embassies, like SIN or the cons in HKG. So, I can undersstand the wish to go somewhere else.

Did your previous issuing Consulate accede to your emailed request ?

Dr PP, do you have the e-maill address of Hull consulate, and also if they will issue without me actually being in UK, does that mean i could send my Passport to America , where i know 100% i could get a visa?

Thanks

I am British, currently in Japan, the Thai Embassy here may not be very Visa Friendly, can i mail my passport to a more Visa friendly consulate that accepts postal applicaions outside of Japan?

What makes an embassy or consul not friendly? Why do you suspect they may have an issue to discuss with you? What sort of visa are you asking for tyhat can cause such fear and trepidation as to stay in Jpan illegally while you get a visa from elsewhere across the seas?

NON Immigrant Visa, i have money, but i am not 50, i am not married to a Thai, some consulates around the world are less stringent than others.

Nothing sinister,   Honest Mr Manager

look at the website for Hull   www.thaiconsul-uk.com

He might be a goer.

The US isn't really a top option. US Immigration is inclined to ALWAYS stamp foreign passports on arrival. Your passport will be bereft of a stamp and a dedicated officer could see that you were in Nippon at the time you were getting a visa in the US. You could try some of the Consulates in Japan. Like Ube, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Yokohama. Or go to Thailand via Australia, drop into the RTCG in Brisbane             [email protected]

look at the website for Hull   www.thaiconsul-uk.com

He might be a goer.

The US isn't really a top option. US Immigration is inclined to ALWAYS stamp foreign passports on arrival. Your passport will be bereft of a stamp and a dedicated officer could see that you were in Nippon at the time you were getting a visa in the US. You could try some of the Consulates in Japan. Like Ube, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Yokohama. Or go to Thailand via Australia, drop into the RTCG in Brisbane             [email protected]

Thanks for the info Dr Patpong.

Guest IT Manager

NON Immigrant Visa, i have money, but i am not 50, i am not married to a Thai, some consulates around the world are less stringent than others.

I wasn't suggesting anything sinister, Pet, just wondering why it should be an ordeal. Go to the UK (you have money), drive to Birmingham. Walk in smile, give them money, walk out. Done. Same in several other places but it would give you a chance to see your mum.

Also not married to a Thai, so? Many aren't.

######

I wasn't suggesting anything sinister, Pet, just wondering why it should be an ordeal. Go to the UK (you have money), drive to Birmingham. Walk in smile, give them money, walk out. Done. Same in several other places but it would give you a chance to see your mum.

######

So Birmingham will not be bothered that i dont have a marriage certificate?

Axel,

Re yr post:"In the past, when I needed a visa for Thailand, I went to a small Thai hon consul-office, they are happy to get the business"

Where would one find such friendly hon consul offices?

maisap

Maisap,

your gave me PM, which I replied to you Oct 2. Not received?

Axel

Guest IT Manager

######

So Birmingham will not be bothered that i dont have a marriage certificate?

No..why should they care. Ask for non immigrant B 12 month multiple entry.

It's not actually a pre requisite to marry a native you know. Just some folks like to do it. :o

Don't confuse the B and O classes of visa. O is for marriage or retirement in this case, and he doesn't qualify for that one. No Thai wife, and not yet 50.

dr. P_P

I'm not sure if you are correct about the Non-O category being only for married/retired persons.

Non-B is of course for business purposes. I did have a few Non-B's in the past and a workpermit or Company registration was needed to support the application.

As I understand it "O" stands for other or ordinary. I did get many multiple Non-O visas by stating the purpose of vist as: "visiting friends and touring Thailand", always from the same consulate in Penang. But they never granted me more than a double entry (180 days).

Of course with a marriage certificate a Non-O is almost automatic.

The above experiences go back to the 1980s and 90s. Now I am on a Non-O, married and workpermit since 1998 on annual renewal.

opalhort

I personally went through Brisbane. Very efficient...very fast

Do These consulars want to see marriage certificates, or just the money. Long way to go on the offchance, maybe i could contact them to verify that i will get a non immigrant visa. What do you think?

cheers