Help With Tiny Little(driving Me Crazy Flies)?how To Rid Apt.?

nycboy57

i am going to risk asking this, please be gentle and kind, Just tell me why so many little flies in new condo, no one cares here about it.I do not open window, sealed up all windows and doors, cleaned out drains and overflow, this is the third apartment here on Sukhumvit, management says either in pipes, and or the wood.

No one knows? Spraying poison, using electronic tennis racquet, never leaving out fruit or food, throwing away trash and never leaving any food out.

So these little things are fast, bite the legs while I am on the computer and then dissapear for a day or two, and back they come.

What is it? What can I do about it. Yes High class problem,people are dying, and starving and living on or under the bridges, have aids, Hiv, cancer, live with mice, rats, roaches, have fleas, mosquitoes, dying of alcoholism, drug addiction. I know, however, being self centered to the extreme, overly sensitive, fear based, and an inability to create true partnerships with other human beings, i know, character defects and shortcomings, but some things are crazier and sicker and thicker than other things, and for me this one thing if i can handle it, would really help in my old age here in Bkk.

I have survived a woman who lets her child play in the hallway from six am to midnight, Won't listen to reason and management says nothing. I have survived people on this floor not throwing trash in the bin because it is five feet away from the trash door, I have survived a person who believes that sweeping everything out of the apartment into the hall, is better than scooping it up and throwing away, let others clean it up. Another who puts grease and other liquids in torn garbage bags and leaves a trail from their apartment to the trash bin, sometimes cuetips and other trash falling out.

The least expensive apartment here is 18000 a month. Don't ask which building this is? Just help with the flies?

thanks in advance

Aagghhhh, there are some disgusting critters in this country - and your neigbours don't sound too great either.

You snookered me when you said these flies bite. I was thinking they might be drain flies - but they don't bite. These little things lay eggs in the drains which turn into small leech like wrigglers you see in your shower recess for e.g... And you say you have tipped bleach or similar down the drain anyway right?

All i can suggest is google and yahoo searching - you will be amazed what it will turn up. Searchwords like "small biting flies condo" and just see what happens. That's how I found out about drain flies. Good luck, and if all else fails there's always napalm.

I also thought they might be fruit flies or as Thai’s call them; ‘Malang Wee’

But when you mentioned they bite I thought maybe not as to the best of my knowledge fruit flies don’t bite but instead want to spend time up your nose or in your mouth.

I’m told that fruit flies are most active when Mango’s are in season.

Hope you sort the problem out and find the peace and quiet you’re seeking.

From the flies that is, you’re neighbours are something else.

I’m in the UK until next month and the next village down from mine is infested with flies due to a farmer spreading ground chicken carcasses over his fields as some sort of manure and the flies just love it.

The locals are not so pleased!!

You've tried poison. A surface contact poison or one that is sprayed into the air? Aerosol insecticides would surely kill all flying insects. There are those battery operated, wall mounted devices that spray a fine pyrethrum mist at regular intervals...these are very effective.

Of course insecticide doesn't work on yabaa induced "electric fleas".

Move........ or get a large, blue light, bug zapper from Car4 or Tesco, abt 650bt

Place a half inch sq piece of chicken meat in a tiny sauce dish and place it in the bottom of the zapper.

The flies will smell it but you won't. Dead flies in no time!

It works! :D

PS. Your neighbours sound great......... :)

thanks for all the help on this. tried the drains and sprays and electronic devices, never open a window, just air conditioner, new one since condo is new.was told maybe the air conditoner is how they get in, these are not the black flies, they look like fruit flies and very hard to get, some people thought the drain flies, and after spraying into the over flow and drains, and sealing, still had some flies, today none, some days it is that way, then again they come flying by me, while on the computer.

As for the electronic zapper, have not tried that yet, i think use some screening on the outside of the air conditoner which is located in a dorrway between the two apartments, Maybe they come in from there?

As for the neighbors since this place now seems like some owners have the right to use it like a short time hotel, many many transients here, where I come from that is not allowed, I took a looad of pics of the trash and all and sent to owner and pres of condo and they sent to manager, so he never sent letters out to the owners or tenants, i am hoping some cameras or some more awareness will help. I am looking for another place, just like this location to bts and supermarket and the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam and little gym and garden to jog around on sixth floor. I guess 20000 a month for short time hotel is ok for now? ha anyway thanks again, I really don't think I would have survied here without this forum. Cheers

With all the fruit in town now, I'll bet it's fruit flies. Make a bottle fly catcher, put a piece of fruit in it, Hide it near a window.

meandwi

I can agree that these things work great!

My uncle makes 'em all the time and sets 'em up 'round the kitchen, outside kitchen that is..

Fantastic little gems. :)

• 3 months later...

Just a note to followup on all the advice,

I bought the bugzapper 700 baht from Tesco and some extra bulbs

from Home Pro, and keep this on 24/7 and it has worked wonders,

it seems these flies come from the sinks and even though we have put poison

and broken up moth balls, and never open windows,

and sealed the doors, and kept the air conditoner on when

we are home, nothing has worked and those devices with the water

has not helped

but this bug zapper, kills about 5 flies a day, suddenly we hear a zap,

and when i wake up I see about 5 dead one,

the company suggests cleaning out the bottom

and the electric device every two weeks,

I have emptied these little monsters into an envelope to show

the exterminator and the owner of the condo and the juristic,

since they seem to want to ignore the problem.

In any case being this is a new condo, in a clean neighborhood in Bkk,

it is kind of shocking that poison in the drains and all and still get 5 at least a day.

No one else cares it seems and my Thai girlfriend just laughs at me.

As she says Farang BAAAA and I laugh at my OCD ism,

but hey when your retired and disabled it tends to keep one nutty nut busy eh?

Thanks you guys and maybe this might help some other nuts with the same problem or

maybe someone will come up with a better solution, but the water bottle thing did not work.

cheers

With all the fruit in town now, I'll bet it's fruit flies. Make a bottle fly catcher, put a piece of fruit in it, Hide it near a window.

meandwi

I can agree that these things work great!

My uncle makes 'em all the time and sets 'em up 'round the kitchen, outside kitchen that is..

Fantastic little gems. :)