Cctv Advices Need

pol123

hello guys,

I am building my new house near Bangkok, for security reasons I think about cctv install, but there a lot choices and shops ... I really need an expert advises, "how to choose.." "where to begin" etc ... :-°

thanks

Pol.

Hi Pol,

depends on budget, as with most things.

An entry level system includes a 4 channel DVR (4 camera) system with everything you would need for your home. Just run the camera cables back to the unit, connect your cameras and connect the DVR to your spare TV. Spend around 300AUD on the unit and get 4 suitable cameras,dont skimp on these, and pay around 100AUD each you can pay less, or way more, depending on what quality you want and what lighting conditions, get a demo of the unit and youll be right. Look around, there are many bundles available.

Many businesses and serious home systems are PC based. Go for the Geovision cards which come in 4 channel to 16 channel varieties (4 to 16cams). Harder to setup, but not rocket science, if you can install windows, you should have any issues.Again dont skimp on the cameras, the old addage, "garbage in, garbage out" applies. Highly configurable, and you can use most pcs if they are less than say 5 years old.

Buy cables which are called "fig8". these have the coax for your cameras video signal and power in the same cables.

Dont worry to much about the fps (frame per second) as its unlikely you will be using realtime on all cams all the time. all systems will allow you to configure motion sensing, which only records when things move. As a general rule go for at least 8fps for every cam, and get a cheaper card for around 150. If you really want real time recording on your system then assuming a 4 cam setup, you would want 100fps, if you want every cam to record in realtime. PC based sytems are completely configurable, so have a play and see what works best for you in terms of storage, all systems are quite storage hungry when taking a lot of frames, but again, you can configure the system to delete images every day or so.

Pat

Pat

I highly recommend the Vivotek cameras, model PZ 6112/PZ 6122 for remote monitoring. Control :pan (270 degrees), tilt and zoom via the net from any PC worldwide. Buy direct from 2 main distributors in BKK (google for company details) 21,500b purchased 1 year ago. Not the cheapest but a great tool and and used by the military aparently in Iraq, so a security advisor told me after I'd installed one!!

Regards Bojo

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys,

Sorry for so late answer, I was'n't around :)

Thanks for all infos, I find a good package at "fortune town" on ratchada road, bkk... 20 000 B record unit + 4 cam. ( install fee not includ ). i forget to say that all cameras will be outdoor.

all systems will allow you to configure motion sensing, which only records when things move
very usefull to know.

my house will be done in at least 1 year so i have my time.

thanks again.