Football Trivia

beano2274

A bit of fun for those of us who love the Sport.

If you get the question right then you ask the next question and so on...

Which team was the last team to compete in a FA Cup Final with an all English line up?

Year as well please.

Edited by beano2274

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which team was the last team to compete in a FA Cup Final with an all English line up?

Year as well please.

I reckon Crystal Palace 1990 when they played Man United?

Year as well please.

I reckon Crystal Palace 1990 when they played Man United?

John Salako was Nigerian

Edited by beano2274

A little more different then.

A question with a more detailed answer.....

There was a strange twist in a relegation battle in 1987, which included the deft intervention of a dog.

Which teams were involved in this game and what was the final outcome? Bonus points for the name of the dog and player involved>

If anyone can give a little story about it, then 3 gold stars. :)

The Devon club had a couple of lucky escapes to avoid relegation. Firstly, in 1987, a police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player John McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half. This was just enough time for the home side to get an equaliser against Crewe Alexandra that kept them up and sent Lincoln City into the Conference on goal difference. The dog was feted among the local fans and was given a free season ticket for life and when he died, the club had him stuffed and he takes pride of place in the boardroom.

I found it here :-

http://www.mehstg.com/torquay.htm

What a great story and one I didn't know until a bit of research.

I think I might be right so please try this one:-

During Blackpool’s darkest hours, the 1982-83 season saw Blackpool finish 21st in Division 4, and they had to seek re-election to the Football League. Who was Blackpool’s manager in that terrible season? And how many goals did they concede that season ?

The Devon club had a couple of lucky escapes to avoid relegation. Firstly, in 1987, a police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player John McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half. This was just enough time for the home side to get an equaliser against Crewe Alexandra that kept them up and sent Lincoln City into the Conference on goal difference. The dog was feted among the local fans and was given a free season ticket for life and when he died, the club had him stuffed and he takes pride of place in the boardroom.

I found it here :-

http://www.mehstg.com/torquay.htm

What a great story and one I didn't know until a bit of research.

Correct Ken, a great story and the following season we had a great season under Cyril Knowles.

During Blackpool’s darkest hours, the 1982-83 season saw Blackpool finish 21st in Division 4, and they had to seek re-election to the Football League. Who was Blackpool’s manager in that terrible season? And how many goals did they concede that season ?

Sam Ellis was th manager, and they conceeded 74 goals. Funnily enough they enjoyed a degree of stability after that and he did'nt get the boot despite B;ackpools lowest ever finish.

Sam Ellis was th manager, and they conceeded 74 goals. Funnily enough they enjoyed a degree of stability after that and he did'nt get the boot despite B;ackpools lowest ever finish.

Okay which Cornish football legend signed for Blackpool for 105,000 in 1978, and which club did he transfer from?

Tony Kellow - Born in Falmouth and played for them before transfering to Exeter City in 1976. After his stint at Blackpool he returned to Exeter in March 1980.

(He also had a 3rd stint at Exeter after brief spells atSwansea City & Newport County.)

Tony is a passionate Cornishman, and is Vice Chairman of the Cornish Commonwealth Games Association which is campaigning to have a team from Cornwall at future Commonwealth Games, as opposed to competing in the England team.

A Cornishman first and foremost I guess........ :)

exeter_v_blackpool_tony_kellow_may1981.jpg

Seen here playing against Blackpool.

Someone else take my go at asking a question please.

Edited by LeungKen

Tony Kellow - Born in Falmouth and played for them before transfering to Exeter City in 1976. After his stint at Blackpool he returned to Exeter in March 1980.

(He also had a 3rd stint at Exeter after brief spells atSwansea City & Newport County.)

Tony is a passionate Cornishman, and is Vice Chairman of the Cornish Commonwealth Games Association which is campaigning to have a team from Cornwall at future Commonwealth Games, as opposed to competing in the England team.

A Cornishman first and foremost I guess........ :)

exeter_v_blackpool_tony_kellow_may1981.jpg

Seen here playing against Blackpool.

Also a great bloke into the bargain

Who was the first non-white to play football for England?

The first black player for England, if that's what you mean ? Laurie Cunningham, who was also the first English player to join Real Madrid.

Which Arsenal player also played cricket for Middlesex and England ?

The first black player for England, if that's what you mean ? Laurie Cunningham, who was also the first English player to join Real Madrid.

WRONG!

WRONG!

Wrong in which way ? Wrong that you never meant black player, or wrong that if you did it wasn't Cunningham ?

It the latter then Wiki is your friend.

Wrong in which way ? Wrong that you never meant black player, or wrong that if you did it wasn't Cunningham ?

Wrong as in Cunningham was not the first non-white to play for England - did I say 'black' or did you assume I meant black?

mrtoad is correct with Frankie Soo (Prescot Cables & Stoke)

Wrong as in Cunningham was not the first non-white to play for England - did I say 'black' or did you assume I meant black?

I assumed that you meant non-white. Although that could also mean black. But there's been quite a few of them - in fact an overwhelming majority of pink coloured players. I'm, pink, therefore, I'm spam. :)

Anyway. Next quesiont was ?

I assumed that you meant non-white. Although that could also mean black. But there's been quite a few of them - in fact an overwhelming majority of pink coloured players. I'm, pink, therefore, I'm spam. :)

heres one for ya, if sunderland done it in 79, then villa done it in 81, who done in it 80???

I assumed that you meant non-white. Although that could also mean black. But there's been quite a few of them - in fact an overwhelming majority of pink coloured players. I'm, pink, therefore, I'm spam. :D

I guess it's me again :)

What region of England is Old Trafford in? North East, North West, Midlands, South West, South East :D