Football Trivia

beano2274

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name the two English league clubs not named after any actual geographical location or place..??

Arsenal........ Port Vale ???

Correct-a-mundo!

OK, here's another one:

One British club has the distinction of being the only club with this letter in it's name. What is the letter and what is the club..??

Name the two English league clubs not named after any actual geographical location or place..??

Correct-a-mundo!

OK, here's another one:

One British club has the distinction of being the only club with this letter in it's name. What is the letter and what is the club..??

st johnstone?

Correct-a-mundo!

OK, here's another one:

st johnstone?

Got to get up early to catch you out StevieH.

This one will get ya...

Name three England internationals who have the letter "O" three times in their surname..??

I found this at Wikipedia - now I'm confused :)

The 1986 FA Cup Final was a Merseyside derby between Liverpool. and Everton. at Wembley. The match was played seven days after Liverpool had secured the league title, with Everton finishing as runners-up. Liverpool went on to win this match 3–1, with two goals from Ian Rush, and one from Craig Johnston after Gary Lineker had put Everton ahead in the first half.

This match is notable in that it was the first FA Cup Final to feature a team without any English footballers in the starting lineup. Even the Cardiff FA Cup sides of 1925 and 1927 had an English player, Billy Hardy. However, Liverpool did name an English player as substitute, Steve McMahon, and did start with an Englishman (born in Preston) but who chose to play for Ireland due to his ancestry (Mark Lawrenson).

Perhaps StevieH will enlighten us....... :D

'

Steve Mcmahon - was actually born in Preston, England, but chose to play for Ireland because of his ancestry.

I wonder if Craig Johnston was the first Australian to play in a Cup Final ? :)

massive gobshite mcmahon did play for england yes, but he wasn't in the '86 starting XI. centre mid was jan molby and kevin mcdonald.

Can't you think of asking an original question? See post number 152 on this thread!

OK Hippo, you give us all a few questions then..??

Was only trying to add a bit of fun, don't have time to trawl the entire topic..!!

I found this at Wikipedia - now I'm confused :)

The 1986 FA Cup Final was a Merseyside derby between Liverpool. and Everton. at Wembley. The match was played seven days after Liverpool had secured the league title, with Everton finishing as runners-up. Liverpool went on to win this match 3–1, with two goals from Ian Rush, and one from Craig Johnston after Gary Lineker had put Everton ahead in the first half.

This match is notable in that it was the first FA Cup Final to feature a team without any English footballers in the starting lineup. Even the Cardiff FA Cup sides of 1925 and 1927 had an English player, Billy Hardy. However, Liverpool did name an English player as substitute, Steve McMahon, and did start with an Englishman (born in Preston) but who chose to play for Ireland due to his ancestry (Mark Lawrenson).

Perhaps StevieH will enlighten us....... :D

it's a bit of a naughty question and i had to word it correctly. clue: the player wasn't an england international in 1986 but was later capped at full level by england.

it's a bit of a naughty question and i had to word it correctly. clue: the player wasn't an england international in 1986 but was later capped at full level by england.

Craig Johnston?

correct. craig skippy johnston, born in south africa to australian parents, played for england. then later went on to invent the predator boot for adidas, a new kind of surfboard and also the measuring technology which knows what you've had from the hotel minibar and tells reception what to add to your bill.