Football Trivia

beano2274

I'd say Trevor Brooking.....Alan Sunderland 1979,Ricky Villa 1981 ??

nice one macclad, although its actually Sir trevor brooking :D anyway well done .fire away

OK...heres one,quite topical you might say with the sad news about Sir Bobby Robson....

Ipswich Town won the UEFA Cup in 1980-81 season under Sir Bobby but he was one of the first managers to introduce foreigners into the English game.

They had two outstanding Dutchmen in that team but can you remember their names.....without googling ! :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one macclad, although its actually Sir trevor brooking :D anyway well done .fire away

OK...heres one,quite topical you might say with the sad news about Sir Bobby Robson....

Ipswich Town won the UEFA Cup in 1980-81 season under Sir Bobby but he was one of the first managers to introduce foreigners into the English game.

They had two outstanding Dutchmen in that team but can you remember their names.....without googling ! :)

Easy, Frans Thiessen and Arnold Murhen, might have misspelled it.

easy, arnold muhren and franz thyssen, brilliant team to watch they were, rip sir bobby

Yep,your both correct....thought it might be too easy.

So mr t asks the next question.....then imola the one after....fair ??

mrt? never mind, anyway, name as of today the last 5 man ure managers :)

Ferguson

Atkinson

Sexton

Docherty

O'Farell

I'm just about old enough to remember

I'd say....Ferguson,Atkinson,Sexton,Docherty,O'Farrell....if you are not counting Ferguson,being the current manager,then prior to O'Farrell was Wilf McGuinness ??

both right, but id say mcguiness was a bit more of a puzzler than ferguson, well done, can you name all of george bests clubs???

I'd say....Ferguson,Atkinson,Sexton,Docherty,O'Farrell....if you are not counting Ferguson,being the current manager,then prior to O'Farrell was Wilf McGuinness ??

both right, but id say mcguiness was a bit more of a puzzler than ferguson, well done, can you name all of george bests clubs???

Shit there's a few, and this is without looking

Man Utd

Fulham

Bournemouth

Dunstable Town

Stockport

LA Aztecs

Hibs

Fort Lauderdale

San Jose

Think there are a couple that I have missed out, but they are obscure, almost like the Dunstable one, Barry Fry was the manager there at the time -funny as I was reading about that in 442 last month.

Shit there's a few, and this is without looking

Man Utd

Fulham

Bournemouth

Dunstable Town

Stockport

LA Aztecs

Hibs

Fort Lauderdale

San Jose

Think there are a couple that I have missed out, but they are obscure, almost like the Dunstable one, Barry Fry was the manager there at the time -funny as I was reading about that in 442 last month.

yep, there were a few of them, remember him at hibs, similar deal to the one owen has at moment ie 20k per match, crowds went from 7k to 30k overnight, he played a few times and got a few goals, great entertainment 79 season,? and good bit of business by hibs if compairing with todays prices.rip another legend

OK,no takers yet !

Its Saturday night so time for a few Beer Changs !

I'll give you a couple of clues and give the answer tomorrow morning.

1.For cricket,he also played for Worcesterhire and later became a coach there for a time,I think.

2.For football...think Leung Ken.

Mel and John Charles,Ivor and Len ?? Allchurch playing for Wales.

Well done,Ken,for the Jim Cumbes answer.I'd forgotten about him being transferred to West Brom in 1969.

By coincidence,I actually saw him playing for Tranmere against Stockport (67-68 time) at Edgeley Park and I've a feeling that Len ?? Allchurch was playing no.7 for County !

How many caps did Kevin Beattie gain for England?

Assuming I'm right,I've already had a couple of questions so how about giving someone else a turn.

binnsy asks "How many caps did Kevin Beattie gain for England ?"

How many caps did Kevin Beattie gain for England?

Assuming I'm right,I've already had a couple of questions so how about giving someone else a turn.

binnsy asks "How many caps did Kevin Beattie gain for England ?"

He got 9 caps

Mel and John Charles,Ivor and Len ?? Allchurch playing for Wales.

Well done,Ken,for the Jim Cumbes answer.I'd forgotten about him being transferred to West Brom in 1969.

By coincidence,I actually saw him playing for Tranmere against Stockport (67-68 time) at Edgeley Park and I've a feeling that Len ?? Allchurch was playing no.7 for County !

Correct young Macclad... :)

the above photo was :-

Taken playing for Wales at Windsor Park, Belfast in 1955. Wales beat Northern Ireland 3-2 and John scored a hatrick.

So binnsy's question is the current one

"How many caps did Kevin Beattie gain for England ?"

So binnsy's question is the current one

"How many caps did Kevin Beattie gain for England ?"

Assuming that I am right with 9 caps - It happened in th 1946 FA Cup Final and again in the 1947 final, it never haapened before or since - what?